Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-17-2008, 10:21 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,172 Times in 2,655 Posts
Default Re: Al Gore: Hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Come on Tony...

There's a difference between that and living in a mansion sucking down energy while preaching global warming.

Don't make me whip out the gly fat naked preacher man sitting at a computer table picture at you!!!
so i guess an avid gun collector has no right to take a stand against street violence and gangs? a high priced car collector shouldnt take a stand against speeding. someone who enjoys a $100 bottle of wine cant say anything about drunken drivers?

i dont see why he should give away all his earnings and live in a trailor home to prove his point though.

i guess he will ultimately be judged when his time comes for the stand he takes.

in the meantime, lets wait for 20 years, when the rainforests that supply us our oxygen are gone and weve gotta feed the 12,000,000,000 people who populate the earth. (biologically speaking, human population is on a shocking exponential growth chart)

maybe then, we will appreciate those who took a stand, regardless of what vehicle they drove, or if they left the lights on at night.

oh, and while were at it, we might as well go back to dumping all of our toxic waste into our potable water supplies and polluting our rivers, lakes, streams, and oceans...

and damn al gore for inventing the myth of acid rain!
Old 06-17-2008, 10:53 PM   #12
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
so i guess an avid gun collector has no right to take a stand against street violence and gangs? a high priced car collector shouldnt take a stand against speeding. someone who enjoys a $100 bottle of wine cant say anything about drunken drivers?

i dont see why he should give away all his earnings and live in a trailor home to prove his point though.

i guess he will ultimately be judged when his time comes for the stand he takes.

in the meantime, lets wait for 20 years, when the rainforests that supply us our oxygen are gone and weve gotta feed the 12,000,000,000 people who populate the earth. (biologically speaking, human population is on a shocking exponential growth chart)

maybe then, we will appreciate those who took a stand, regardless of what vehicle they drove, or if they left the lights on at night.

oh, and while were at it, we might as well go back to dumping all of our toxic waste into our potable water supplies and polluting our rivers, lakes, streams, and oceans...

and damn al gore for inventing the myth of acid rain!
Tony...

When Al Gore claims that the climate is being destroyed, he is HIMSELF contributing to the destruction of the climate by using enough power to run what was the number... 20 homes (20 times the average consumption). That number comes from teh power company, which means it is the power he is taking from the power company, not from his own power-producing changes.

That means he is actually actually putting out 20 times the amount of carbon then the normal household in Tennessee, yet he is telling everyone that those very actions is destroying the world. THAT is what I have a big problem with.

I actually have no problem with finding alternative fuels. I think we oughta go a number of different ways.

I have no problem with people using free speech to share what they feel.

I have a big problem with someone saying that product A is horrible and destructive, and then using it 20 times more than the average person.

And I know.. he buys "Carbon Credits." Wouldn't it even better to not use all that power, and STILL buy the carbon credits?

I am sorry tony, but he is a hypocrite.

As for you being a gun collector.. it has no bearing on you taking a stand against street crime.

now, if you were illegally selling weapons to people, then you would have no right to say anything.

A high price car collector with Lamborghini's can say all he wants... but when he does 180 down the interstate, THEN he becomes a hypocrite.

When Gore preaches global warming, then buys a house that guzzles power, and then the next year it INCREASES to 20 times the normal amount, he becomes a hypocrite.

To be honest, I never really criticized him about the home until now. Why? Because I thought that he would buy the big home and make it very energy efficient, thereby giving himself a very nice home AND using less energy. However, now that the numbers have shown that is NOT what is happening.. I criticized him.

It is the same as actor/environmentalists that yell and scream about the environment, then get on a private plane and fly across the country for a weekend.

BTW... I warned you tony...

Quote:
Don't make me whip out the ugly fat naked preacher man sitting at a computer table picture at you!!!
Now here it comes......

Tony... Tony.. Is that you? Oh tony? It is fat naked preacher man...
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:04 PM   #13
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

LMAO

And BTW The ranch is energy efficient and it was done before he became Governor and President. Check it out.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:08 PM   #14
tony hipchest

preacher, you are forgetting 1 critical point.

the average person in tennessee lives in a 250 square foot shack.

of course a rich persons mansion consumes more energy.

i guess that just negates gores point, right?

so go buy your suv's and continue polluting the earth. its ok! gore is a hypocrite!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:20 PM   #15
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:

Does that go for the rest of the country as well?

Quote:
In the past year, Gore’s home burned through 213,210 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity, enough to power 232 average American households for a month.
Quote:
No, but then he's not really the most credible person to be making that point to begin with, especially when he pulls in a cool $100 mil while making it.

Quote:
so go buy your suv's and continue polluting the earth. its ok! gore is a hypocrite!
About the only folks left that can afford the gas consumption a SUV represents are folks in Gore's income bracket, not a middle-classer like me.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:53 PM   #16
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:

Well then wouldn't it make sense for Gore to do what he tells everyone else to do, and move into a smaller house that uses less energy? It's called PRACTICING WHAT YOU PREACH. If the rest of us have to sacrifice in order to save the environment, then he should too. He should NOT get a free pass because he's rich or because of who he is or because he gets "carbon credits." We don't live in an aristocracy.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:39 AM   #17
tony hipchest

this article/propoganda is nothing new (old rehashed bs) and only reared itself again, in light of gores recent support of oboma.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...ight=Gore+home

i still agree with LITP and Mosca's post #2 and #4 on the matter. (although litp's poor reading comprehension skills still prevented him from differentiating the White House from the president's personal property owned in TX )

i dont care if gore is a hypcrite or not, as long as his message is true.

i dont care if the post man goes postal on his co-workers tomorrow, if the mail he delivers today is true.

and to use a religious analogy, i dont care if Peter was a hypocrite 3 times, i still believe his message to be true. *awaits obligitory "how could you compare gore to a deciple" remark*

anyways, propoganda articles such as this have a specific political parties welfare a year from now, more in mind, than our species well being in a 100 years.

biological science trumps party affiliation. and a single country cannot conquer "mother nature", or God, or whatever it is one may believe.

hate to get all cliche, but the "killing the messenger" mentality prevents us from "seeing the forest, through the trees".
Old 06-18-2008, 12:53 AM   #18
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
this article/propoganda is nothing new (old rehashed bs) and only reared itself again, in light of gores recent support of oboma.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...ight=Gore+home

i still agree with LITP and Mosca's post #2 and #4 on the matter. (although litp's poor reading comprehension skills still prevented him from differentiating the White House from the president's personal property owned in TX )

i dont care if gore is a hypcrite or not, as long as his message is true.

i dont care if the post man goes postal on his co-workers tomorrow, if the mail he delivers today is true.

and to use a religious analogy, i dont care if Peter was a hypocrite 3 times, i still believe his message to be true. *awaits obligitory "how could you compare gore to a deciple" remark*

anyways, propoganda articles such as this have a specific political parties welfare a year from now, more in mind, than our species well being in a 100 years.

biological science trumps party affiliation. and a single country cannot conquer "mother nature", or God, or whatever it is one may believe.

hate to get all cliche, but the "killing the messenger" mentality prevents us from "seeing the forest, through the trees".
Actually tony...

my point was the messenger himself and his credibility--

not the issue of global warming, nor the general issue of the enviroment.

It is also the fact that if he says the sky is blue, I still have to outside to see if he is lying to me.

There are three entities in the Dem party that I feel that way about. the Clintons, Gore, and Kerry, which is why I was SO interested in them being defeated the last two times out.

This time, as much as I dislike the liberal talk of Obama, I do not feel that way about him as a person.

It is the same with many I have discussed global warming with. They are genuine and legitimate.

It is Gore himself that I dislike, distrust, and spoke up on this thread... because it fits Gore the politician.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:17 AM   #19
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Actually tony...

my point was the messenger himself and his credibility--

but until we turn off the computer, 2 tv's, 4 lights, in our house, as we microwave and range our food (which we dont even cultivate ourselves) who are we to judge?

shall i fault gore for living the american dream and using lots of (green) energy? after all, it is us americans who voted him into office and now provide him with the lifestyle he leads.

it is the american public who pay to hear what he has to say whether they look at it as gospel or simple entertainment (think modern atheletes or actors who will accept any money the market will bear)

will he be smited for taking what life gives him? time will tell....
Old 06-18-2008, 01:27 AM   #20
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
but until we turn off the computer, 2 tv's, 4 lights, in our house, as we microwave and range our food (which we dont even cultivate ourselves) who are we to judge?

shall i fault gore for living the american dream and using lots of (green) energy? after all, it is us americans who voted him into office and now provide him with the lifestyle he leads.

it is the american public who pay to hear what he has to say whether they look at it as gospel or simple entertainment (think modern atheletes or actors who will accept any money the market will bear)

will he be smited for taking what life gives him? time will tell....

I am not the one out preaching global warming. It is those who preach it that I expect to practice it.

In the same way, I laugh whenever I see an animal rights activist wearing leather shoes.

I have more respect for those who choose to live by what they preach.

Tony, would you respect me if I was preaching hellfire and brimstone messages about the evils of alcohol, and then went out and got drunk because my church members were giving me wine from the vineyards?

That is my problem with Gore. He doesn't practice what he preaches.

In truth, President Bush PRACTICES Gore's message better than Gore does, when you compare their homes (and no, that isn't based on that stupid internet email... A few years ago, there was a BIG writeup about his home in the newspaper.. I think it was here in the bay area (cal.)).

The funny thing is...

If the mass hysteria people went away, I think we would have a much better chance of making many more changes that would positively affect the environment.

I think people are setting their heals, because they feel the wool trying to be pulled over their eyes about some things.