Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 06-18-2008, 01:39 AM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,846 Times in 2,100 Posts
Default Re: Al Gore: Hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post

That is my problem with Gore. He doesn't practice what he preaches.

In truth, President Bush PRACTICES Gore's message better than Gore does, when you compare their homes (and no, that isn't based on that stupid internet email... A few years ago, there was a BIG writeup about his home in the newspaper.. I think it was here in the bay area (cal.)).

That's all.
so gore spends $750,000 (arbitrary number) to buy/recycle an old mansion, while bush spends millions of inherited oil money to build a new one that can put man on mars with no fossil fuels whatsoever?

what was the cost to haul in all the products to build his state of the art, energy efficient, hacienda? how many illegal aliens aided in the construction?

am i really supposed to applaud him and condemn gore?

i dont think so.

again, i really think this article is 2 year old propoganda meant to imply that since gore is a hypocrite, the rest of the world are now off the hook for any conservation/enviornmental issues.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:17 AM   #22
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
IThe funny thing is...

If the mass hysteria people went away, I think we would have a much better chance of making many more changes that would positively affect the environment.

I think people are setting their heals, because they feel the wool trying to be pulled over their eyes about some things.
Bingo. I think the following passage speaks volumes. Bear in mind that this was a ruling made by a BRITISH court, not an American one, in a country that has actually ratified Kyoto:

Quote:
One day before Friday's announcement that he was a co-winner of the Nobel Peace Prize, a British High Court judge ruled that Gore's global warming film, "An Inconvenient Truth," while "broadly accurate," contained nine significant errors.

The ruling came on a challenge from a UK school official who did not want to show the film to students. High Court Judge Michael Burton said that the film is "substantially founded upon scientific research and fact" but that the errors were made in "the context of alarmism and exaggeration."

Burton found that screening the film in British secondary schools violated laws barring the promotion of partisan political views in the classroom. But he allowed the film to be shown on the condition that it is accompanied by guidance notes to balance Gore's "one-sided" views, saying that the film's "apocalyptic vision" was not an impartial analysis of climate change.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=3719791&page=1

Are the folks that put out the article cited in the OP regarding Gore's energy use spreading propaganda to push an agenda? Probably. But then, so is Gore.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 05:59 AM   #23
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
so gore spends $750,000 (arbitrary number) to buy/recycle an old mansion, while bush spends millions of inherited oil money to build a new one that can put man on mars with no fossil fuels whatsoever?

what was the cost to haul in all the products to build his state of the art, energy efficient, hacienda? how many illegal aliens aided in the construction?

am i really supposed to applaud him and condemn gore?

i dont think so.

again, i really think this article is 2 year old propoganda meant to imply that since gore is a hypocrite, the rest of the world are now off the hook for any conservation/enviornmental issues.
That's a bit of a leap of faith, isn't it? I don't think calling Gore out for his high energy usage means that we're ignoring the issue, and I don't think it's fair for you to assume that. I think we can all agree that we need to protect the environment and reduce our overall energy usage (though we'd probably differ on how to do that). But it does not mean that Gore should be exempt from criticism just because he is a champion of the cause.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:31 AM   #24
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Al Gore is pretty much a kook, and he'll be discredited in the next 10-15 years. But he'll be laughing all the way to the bank...the man is literally drowning in filthy lucre all misbegotten by deception and slight of hand, and the deliberate manipulation of truth and the facts.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:10 PM   #25
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

So, because I actually am under my alloted carbon emissions per the EPA, with my very conservative lifestyle of turning off the lights and recycling, instead of having someone pay me for Credits, I've decided, I'm going to set tires on fire again in my back yard. This way, I counter balance my own lack of pollution. Thereby doing the right thing staying even. Anyone opposed?

Didn't think so. Pretty green flames here I come.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:15 PM   #26
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
So, because I actually am under my alloted carbon emissions per the EPA, with my very conservative lifestyle of turning off the lights and recycling, instead of having someone pay me for Credits, I've decided, I'm going to set tires on fire again in my back yard. This way, I counter balance my own lack of pollution. Thereby doing the right thing staying even. Anyone opposed?

Didn't think so. Pretty green flames here I come.
I'm coming over to roast some weenies...... K?
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #27
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Sure thing, bring your own buns though, I'm on a low carb diet and don't have any in the house. Oh and I have mustard so no worries.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:27 PM   #28
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

But wait...

doesn't hotdogs and mustard give you gas?

Have to watch the methane releases!!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:31 PM   #29
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Don't forget the marshmallows! You can just use sticks to roast 'em. Oops - that's not environmentally acceptable, is it? My bad.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #30
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Al Gore is pretty much a kook, and he'll be discredited in the next 10-15 years. But he'll be laughing all the way to the bank...the man is literally drowning in filthy lucre all misbegotten by deception and slight of hand, and the deliberate manipulation of truth and the facts.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote