Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-21-2008, 02:25 PM   #11
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: Chad Has Change of Tune

Transcript of Chad's chat with fans on ESPN (I know you guys wish you hadn't missed it lol):

Quote:
Chad Johnson: (1:32 PM ET ) I love you all!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cincinnati, Ohio: You and Carson weren't as in sync last year as you have been in the past. What steps have you and Carson taken in the off-season to regain that elite form?

Chad Johnson: (1:35 PM ET ) Carson and I struggled last year and we still put up great numbers. We did have a down year, but in some ways we put up better numbers than we usually do. The only thing we can do is work hard. Unfortunelty with the surgery I have had I have not been able to work out as much as I want.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt (Cincy): Chad, why should I buy the "In Just One Play" DVD? You're a man of various talents...sell this to me.

Chad Johnson: (1:37 PM ET ) Well I am sure everyone loves the NFL and this DVD that comes out tomorrow has some of the most exciting players in the league on it. This is an electrifying DVD. This is probably one of the few DVDs that will feature all these exciting players at the same time. And you can play Madden '09 before the release date on this thing. Tell 'em Chad sent you.

Frank (Cincy): If I buy your DVD will you stay in Cincinnati?

Chad Johnson: (1:38 PM ET ) Frank, I will be in Cincy. And please do not misunderstand the point of what went on this offseason. To me I call it somewhat of a wake up call to get things done. That is all I was trying to do.

bill in bellefontaine,ohio: hi chad, what is the main thing the bengals need to do this year to get back to the playoffs?

Chad Johnson: (1:39 PM ET ) Consistency, offensively and defensively. We have to keep ups and downs to a minimum. I said we are going to be fine, and we will be fine.

Phoenix AZ: Should I draft you as my first WR in my Fantasy League?

Chad Johnson: (1:40 PM ET ) You have watched football long enough. You should be able to answer that on your own without my help.

Aaron: I heard your pretty good at soccer. Whos your favorite team?

Chad Johnson: (1:41 PM ET ) Barcelona and Arsenal. I am best friends with Thierry Henry.

James (Indy): Do u see your self staying a Bengal for the rest of your career?

Chad Johnson: (1:42 PM ET ) You know what, there are not many player who finish where they start, but Cincy has been good to me and I have been good to Cincy and I would love to finish my career there.

bill in bellefontaine,ohio: hi chad my son and i have been longtime bengals fans. i have 2 questions. hows the ankle doing after surgery. who do you think will be the toughest defensive back you will face this year?

Chad Johnson: (1:44 PM ET ) I am nowhere near 100% right now. It's the NFL, they are all good. My success comes because I understand the schemes of each team week in and week out.

Justin (Ohio): Chad, Would signing Chris Henry make this a better football team and will it happen?

Chad Johnson: (1:45 PM ET ) No, it is not going to happen. Once the situation goes down like that teams are not going to bring a player back. it is too bad. He is one of the best WR in the game, which is not known yet, and whoever gets him is going to be damn lucky.

Zach (Maryland): Outside of yourself, who is your favroite player to watch on the DVD you're promoting?

Chad Johnson: (1:45 PM ET ) I like everyone on there. Everyone has their own style and offers something different. I really do like everyone on there.

David (Cincy): Chad, I love you. Can we expect any celebrations this year, or more business-like?

Chad Johnson: (1:46 PM ET ) David, my celebrations are business like. I am going to have as much fun as I can. If I stop celebrating then there is something wrong with me.

Ian (Toledo): Do you have any new TD celebrations up your sleeve for this year?

Chad Johnson: (1:48 PM ET ) I have all kinds of stuff up my sleeve this year. Enjoy the show, because it will be non-stop.

Valian (Philly): If there was a ultimate fighting championship tournament among Bengals players, who would win and where would you finish?

Chad Johnson: (1:48 PM ET ) I would probably win because I would cheat the whole time.

Chad Johnson: (1:51 PM ET ) Everyone, I love you. I am sorry for what went on this offseason, but please understand this is a business. You will get 100% from me this year, as you do every year...actually, make it 200% this year. Cincinnati I love you; to all the fans I love you, and enjoy the show this year!
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #12
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

And he's going to accomplish all this without TJ?

Uh huh.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:00 PM   #13
Blitzburgh_Fever
Starter

Member Number: 7228

I'm sure good news to hear as a Bengals fan. Don't get what his whole spiel about not playing for Cinci ever again and now saying he's been good to them and he loves Cinci etc. Feels like Rosenhaus sat down and told him to straighten up
Blitzburgh_Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:03 PM   #14
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
And he's going to accomplish all this without TJ?

Uh huh.
Without TJ? Last time I checked, TJ's still signed to play this season...

If you mean after this season, even if TJ isn't resigned, Chad already had two 1,100+ yard seasons before TJ even broke into the starting lineup, including one of his best seasons with 1,335 yards and 10 TD's.

The real question is can TJ accomplish what he has without Chad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh_Fever View Post
Feels like Rosenhaus sat down and told him to straighten up
If anything, I think that Rosenhaus helped to fuel the fire to begin with. But yeah, it's good to see the whole offense on the same page again.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:26 PM   #15
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Cincinnati, Ohio: You and Carson weren't as in sync last year as you have been in the past. What steps have you and Carson taken in the off-season to regain that elite form?

Chad Johnson: (1:35 PM ET ) Carson and I struggled last year and we still put up great numbers.
7-9? Right.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:45 PM   #16
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Chad Johnson: (1:42 PM ET ) You know what, there are not many player who finish where they start, but Cincy has been good to me and I have been good to Cincy and I would love to finish my career there.
That is some FUNNY stuff right there.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa trade me.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:46 PM   #17
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Why the hell did they ever let CJ off the nar-nar bus?

Quote:
Unfortunelty with the surgery I have had I have not been able to work out as much as I want.
Do you mean the lobotomy?

Quote:
We did have a down year, but in some ways we put up better numbers than we usually do.
Numbers don't mean squat diddly do, retard, if you don't get to and win the big game.

Quote:
My success comes because I understand the schemes of each team week in and week out.
You obviously don't understand the defensive schemes of the Steelers too well, knucklehead.

Quote:
He (Chris Henry) is one of the best WR in the game, which is not known yet, and whoever gets him is going to be damn lucky.
Yeppers. Real lucky to employ a known criminal.

Quote:
If I stop celebrating then there is something wrong with me.
I think it's a given there's something wrong with you whether you celebrate or not.

Quote:
I have all kinds of stuff up my sleeve this year.
Well, guess you gotta have somewhere else to store the shit you spew. Guess the boxers and cleats got full, huh?

Quote:
I would probably win because I would cheat the whole time.
You'd cheat because that yellow stripe on your back is as big as your mouth.

The Anti-Wahoo

Last edited by HometownGal; 07-21-2008 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Typo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:07 AM   #18
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
"We're going to be in Tampa," he said.
Of course they'll be in Tampa, the NFL sales two tickets to every NFL Player!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:09 PM   #19
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

So you think Chad is going to play this year?

I'm still not sure. Who could be? I'm not even sure that gold toofed ignoramus knows what he's going to do yet.

And, if I'm TJ, well, Hell, if I was TJ, I'd have signed with the Steelers when I had the chance. He might get a ring that way...there will be no Super Bowl victories for the Bengals.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #20
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Goof for old Gold Teef. When the Bengals have another losing season with that crappy defense we'll see how much he loves Cincy then.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote