Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-21-2008, 12:49 AM   #1
HughC
Starter

Member Number: 8512
Default McNabb Not Happy, Making Noise in Philly

Donovan McNabb Interview Adds Some Noise to a Quiet Offseason

Quote:
Donovan McNabb called into the local ESPN radio station this afternoon. In short, McNabb does not appear too happy with the current makeup of the team or his standing in the community.

Fans and coaches have been high on rookie wide receiver DeSean Jackson. Coaches have called him a natural and fans drool over his potential big play ability.

McNabb appears to have zero hope of Jackson making an impact this year. Donovan repeatedly stated that Eagles rookies don’t make plays and do not start. Would it have hurt to have thrown Jackson a compliment? I guess we shouldn’t expect many passes thrown in Jackson’s direction this year.

McNabb, who had screamed for the Eagles to bring in playmakers this offseason, noted the big name additions to the defensive unit. Does McNabb think Asante Samuel was a good signing? “We didn’t need to address the secondary.” I guess not.

Does Donovan feel as strongly as Reid with the current makeup of the Eagles' receivers? Donovan repeatedly mentioned his requests for playmakers to be brought in. It does not take a genius to figure out playmakers equal receivers.

Despite his dysfunctional relationship with Terrell Owens, Donovan would welcome Chad Johnson coming to the Eagles.

So much for building chemistry with your receivers during the offseason. Eli Manning begs for his receivers to be at camps to establish report. Donovan begs for any one but his current group of receivers.

Wonder why Eli has a ring and Donovan does not?

And no McNabb interview would be complete without a few minutes of Donovan whining about his poor treatment by fans. McNabb repeatedly mentioned how heavily scrutinized he is. McNabb even went as far as saying that nobody in the NFL over the past 10 years has been scrutinized as much as him.

When you are the quarterback of a high profile team in a high profile city, of course scrutiny will follow. Just look at the criticism that was thrown at Eli Manning prior to the Giants' Super Bowl run. Did Manning complain how unfairly he was being treated? No he did not.

[Events like today make it hard to fully stand behind McNabb. Yes, he is a great quarterback and without him recent Eagles' success would have been unattainable. But the "whoa is me" act makes you wonder if it is time to turn the page.
HughC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:21 AM   #2
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: McNabb Not Happy, Making Noise in Philly

Quote:
So much for building chemistry with your receivers during the offseason. Eli Manning begs for his receivers to be at camps to establish report. Donovan begs for any one but his current group of receivers.

And no McNabb interview would be complete without a few minutes of Donovan whining about his poor treatment by fans. McNabb repeatedly mentioned how heavily scrutinized he is. McNabb even went as far as saying that nobody in the NFL over the past 10 years has been scrutinized as much as him.

When you are the quarterback of a high profile team in a high profile city, of course scrutiny will follow. Just look at the criticism that was thrown at Eli Manning prior to the Giants' Super Bowl run. Did Manning complain how unfairly he was being treated? No he did not.

Absolutely hilarious
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
i think that follows any qb in any city. they are the ones that under the microscope the most and take the most heat when things dont go right.

I have to agree, eli didnt complain when he was thrown under the bus in NY... you didnt hear ben complain when he was thrown under the bus for a bad decision he made that gave us a crappy season...maybe eli and ben are more mature than donavan??did i just say that..lol

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:06 PM   #4
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

Sounds like Mcnabb can't take being Qb in philly so, he blames all of his short coming on the media,the fans and the coaching staff what a guy! To me he has become a crybaby! Donavan you need to man up and, stop acting like a whinning little baby.
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 08:32 PM   #5
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

Philly has ruined many players. Say hello to another.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:39 AM   #6
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Obviously he's never played for the Steelers. We were spoiled by the likes of Bradshaw and not until Big Ben did fans curtail their hostilities towards the QB - but even now Ben is made known when the 75,000+ in the stands don't prove!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:43 AM   #7
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,164 Times in 1,344 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

If he don't like it then he should go elsewhere.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:55 AM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Stop blubbering, eat your Chunky Soup and play football, Donovan.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:58 AM   #9
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Stop blubbering, eat your Chunky Soup and play football, Donovan.

LMBO .. that is great HTG

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:20 AM   #10
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Yeah, I lost my respect for the guy a while ago when he tried to play racial-card, & kinda blamed discrimination for his unsuccessful career.