Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-20-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
UK CANDY BEE
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 947
Default Visited Kennywood on Friday June 13th !!

Aside from those irritatingly SMALL signs (I missed a couple of them) you are supposed to follow through town to get there, I had little trouble finding the park, and there was plenty of parking available.

I got five $22 discount tickets, and really feel like we got our money's worth.

Even in my Browns jersey and Buckeyes hat, most of the Steeler fans I encountered were not jerks......... which I must admit surprised me a little !! There was one guy who yelled for me to take off my #17 Edwards jersey just as my ride on Phantom's Revenge was starting, but I replied with nothing more than a single finger salute.

There was also this small group of three or four young guys (about 18 to 20) whom I crossed paths with several times and each time they ribbed me a bit, but it was obvious they were just trying to get a rise out of me. It worked each time, and along the way they admitted two things I have never heard from Steeler fans (though one of them was wearing a Celtics jersey....odd).

1. They admitted losing Faneca was a big blow to the Steeler O line.

you won't believe the other one, but I swear they did.....

2. They agreed when I said the Steelers had SB XL given to them !! Actually, it was in response to my claiming the Browns get the shaft from the refs and the Steelers don't (except on Thanksgiving day I guess....), he said "Pittsburgh got their last Super Bowl compliments of the officials"

You could have knocked me over with a feather !!!

Anyway........... you guys were basically on the money about Kennywood !!

I get vertigo fairly regularly, so I can't do the major thrill ride thing like I used to, but I managed to find some rides to enjoy..........and a few I wish I hadn't ridden.

Phantom's Revenge was great, but I don't care for that lap restraint, I would have like it better if it had been overhead holding down your shoulders.and across the chest.

Pittsburgh Plunge was........ short and WET !!! My youngest son rode it about a DOZEN times !!

Log Jammer was dryer than the Plunge, and we got a nice picture to boot !!

The Exterminator was...........well............let's just say that, for me, it was a MISTAKE !! I was okay until those spiralling spins near the end of the ride !! I had to sit down for about an hour and thought I might need to leave.

It was the first time my youngest son, Andrew has been to an amusement park, and we have decided that we are going back next year on the day before the second Saturday in June !!

This year, Pittsburgh is just gonna BLEED TO DEATH !!
UK CANDY BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: Visited Kennywood on Friday June 13th !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK CANDY BEE View Post
2. They agreed when I said the Steelers had SB XL given to them !! Actually, it was in response to my claiming the Browns get the shaft from the refs and the Steelers don't (except on Thanksgiving day I guess....), he said "Pittsburgh got their last Super Bowl compliments of the officials"
Yeah, right.

Quote:
PITTSBURGH -- For the second week in a row, the NFL apologized to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

A week ago, following a loss to the Cleveland Browns, the league acknowledged the Steelers should have gotten an extra 5 seconds after Kent Graham was sacked late in the fourth quarter. The clock ran out as Pittsburgh tried unsuccessfully to attempt a field goal.

This week, coach Bill Cowher said the NFL acknowledged referee Walt Coleman should have granted Pittsburgh a touchdown after reviewing a play in a 23-20 loss to Tennessee.

"It should have been a touchdown," Cowher said Tuesday. "That's great to know."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2000/0926/779621.html

Quote:
Mike Pereira, the NFL's head of officiating, admitted yesterday that his crew working the Steelers-Jaguars playoff game erred in not calling a holding penalty against Jacksonville on a crucial play that allowed the Jaguars to kick the winning field goal.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08093/869712-66.stm

Yep, the zebras just love the Steelers.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:06 PM   #3
UK CANDY BEE
Bench Warmer

Oh geez..........don't talk to me about NON holding calls !!

I used to have a videotape of the Browns/Broncos AFC championship game which included The Drive.

On that one game tying, end of regulation drive alone, I can show you eleven.... yes, ELEVEN times where a Bronco O lineman was holding...........five of them were right in front of an official......all with NO CALL !!

Old 06-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Oh geez..........don't talk to me about NON holding calls !!

I used to have a videotape of the Browns/Broncos AFC championship game which included The Drive.

On that one game tying, end of regulation drive alone, I can show you eleven.... yes, ELEVEN times where a Bronco O lineman was holding...........five of them were right in front of an official......all with NO CALL !!
You're the one who came here bitching about refs. I cited two articles that demonstrated your point of the "refs never shafting the Steelers" to be the complete bullshit that it is.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

Which park out there has "Leap the Dips"?
Old 06-20-2008, 11:20 PM   #6
UK CANDY BEE
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
You're the one who came here bitching about refs. I cited two articles that demonstrated your point of the "refs never shafting the Steelers" to be the complete bullshit that it is.
Actually, I came discussing my visit to Kennywood.

....and I never said the refs "never" shafted the Steelers, as a matter of fact, I even mentioned the Thanksgiving day game vs the Lions where the refs....well, you know the one I mean.......

The only thing that is "complete bullshit" is how you have taken one item of my story and run off on a tangent that I am now ending.....

Quote:
Which park out there has "Leap the Dips"?
I haven't heard of that ride.

Oh, but I forgot to mention that none of us even CONSIDERED riding the Pitt Fall !! I didn't look too closely, but surely there were head restraints to keep you from breaking your neck.......weren't there ??

Old 06-20-2008, 11:23 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,631 Posts

great you had a good time uk, and really cool you will be taking the kids for a return visit.

you shouldnt be suprised that you werent treated poorly in your brown jersey. after all, it is an amusement park (and im sure you provided plenty of that).

im kinda suprised you didnt get hollered at to ride the "pitfall", but as a clevelandfan, i bet the locals just figured you could ride that for 17 straight weeks once the nfl season began. lol

and it sounds like the 3-4 kids you encountered (who were 16 years old for sb xl) took you on the greatest ride of the afternoon!

anyways thats funny.... it was my little ones 1st trip to an amusement park last year, and she absolutely loved the pittsburgh plunge too.

so did you ride the skycoaster?
Old 06-20-2008, 11:33 PM   #8
UK CANDY BEE
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
so did you ride the skycoaster?
Was that the slingshot looking thing near the Log Jammer and Racer ??

If so, then no, the line was too long.......heh heh, yeah, that's why.....

I saw what looked like a ski lift type of thing over the parking lot, but it wasn't running, because it never moved and I never saw anyone on it.... is that the thing that takes you to that water park I heard about ??

Old 06-20-2008, 11:42 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,631 Posts

Quote:
Was that the slingshot looking thing near the Log Jammer and Racer ??

If so, then no, the line was too long.......heh heh, yeah, that's why.....

I saw what looked like a ski lift type of thing over the parking lot, but it wasn't running, because it never moved and I never saw anyone on it.... is that the thing that takes you to that water park I heard about ??
yeah, the slingshot looking thing. its the only ride there you gotta pay extra for and is definitely overpriced.

dont know about a water park, but i always thought the ski lift was to take far away parking customers down the the gates. i rode em once many years ago.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:17 AM   #10
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

I heard Kennywood was sold to some company from Spain...Is that true? I havn't been to Kennywood since the mid 1990s.....

As for the refs handing the Steelers Super Bowl XL.....You're entitled to your opinion and so are those idiot kids...lol But sorry I disagree....I really don't want to review that game for the 1000th time....Let it go already....lol You're not even a Seahawks fan.....As for the refs screwing the Browns...Yea the refs really screwed the Browns against the Bengals late in the year....lol Refs had nothing to with Derek Anderson's choke job in that game....

I know you're talking about the Winslow push out against the Cards...But Derek Anderson also threw a pick-six in that game and also fumbled that led to another Cards TD.....Refs had nothing to do with Anderson's blunders in that game...lol
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote