Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-14-2005, 06:12 PM   #11
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618
Default Re: RB for next year

Steelers need to pick up a back in the firs or second round this year
Old 11-14-2005, 10:26 PM   #12
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Willie Will be Startin. Got To Get him developed The Bus If he has his ring won't be back.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 05:24 AM   #13
24seven
Starter

Member Number: 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Maybe Bus will surprise us all and come back for 1 more season ok, maybe not too..
lol.. I keep thinking that as well.. You just never know. I think alot depends on if we get a ring this year.. Our prospects look good and if it doesn't happen this year I think he'll take a look and see if it's really worth it to do 1 more year.. As far as I can see i'm sure he'll have it in him.. Just needs to stay healthy....Realistically though It'll be Deuce and Willie.. I'm sure Haynes her way is gone after this year.. It's been a good ride but there's better talent out there.. Wasn't that impressed with Heron so hopefully we'll draft well....
24seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:47 PM   #14
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Steelers need to pick up a back in the firs or second round this year
I would love to see a big time Wide reciever this next draft in the first round. A fast lb in the second, and possibly a rb in the third
Old 11-15-2005, 03:48 PM   #15
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

As far as a starting RB for next year - the smart money has to be on Duce Staley due to the investment the Steelers have placed in him.

However, Willie may not be a genuine starting RB just yet - but I think he has a ton of upside when you consider that he was undrafted FA and now he is ALREADY a proven change of pace RB.

As Shaun Alexander and LT have shown - you dont have to be huge to be a dominating runner.

I think that the Steelers have to areas that require attn more than the RB situation - DL + DB - both of these areas are relatively young but more competition is required to spur the youngsters on and give them guidance - reasonable priced FA pick-ups may be the order of the day here.

As I mentioned in a previous post on another thread - I regard the Pittsburgh WR situation to be its one obvious weakness at this time - 2 hi/mid level draft picks would be wisely spent in this area.

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 11-15-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 04:30 PM   #16
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284

We will draft a RB in the 1st so i figure he will be a number 2 to willie,duce i think if we can get rid of him why not hes nohting more then a number 2 thats getting paid top dollar!Don't get me wrong i love duce but the nfl is a biz, and if we draft a RB in the 1st, look for us to give duce the back door if he doesn't want to take a paycut.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:58 PM   #17
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
As far as a starting RB for next year - the smart money has to be on Duce Staley due to the investment the Steelers have placed in him.

However, Willie may not be a genuine starting RB just yet - but I think he has a ton of upside when you consider that he was undrafted FA and now he is ALREADY a proven change of pace RB.

As Shaun Alexander and LT have shown - you dont have to be huge to be a dominating runner.

I think that the Steelers have to areas that require attn more than the RB situation - DL + DB - both of these areas are relatively young but more competition is required to spur the youngsters on and give them guidance - reasonable priced FA pick-ups may be the order of the day here.

As I mentioned in a previous post on another thread - I regard the Pittsburgh WR situation to be its one obvious weakness at this time - 2 hi/mid level draft picks would be wisely spent in this area.

Cheers

NM
haawww......stop saying stuff that i agree with lol, yeah i would like to get a running back cough lendale white cough in the first but there is more issues that need to be addressed i wouldn't mind going defense in the first round second round, i didn't like that we just stayed the same to me not adding anyone sometimes isn't always good cause teams figure you out more and look our d is nowhere as good as it was last year.

and maybe a wr cause i'm sure we won't keep ARE, i read on one mock draft that we could get big bens former teammate in the second........i wonder if we are gonna get rid of wilson cause he's being a twat and there is no need for him if we can resign quincy morgan, also i hope washington can step up too.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:36 PM   #18
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Past seems to know our needs as well as we do! Maybe he is on his way to our side???

LOL
Old 11-15-2005, 07:00 PM   #19
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
haawww......stop saying stuff that i agree with lol, yeah i would like to get a running back cough lendale white cough in the first but there is more issues that need to be addressed i wouldn't mind going defense in the first round second round, i didn't like that we just stayed the same to me not adding anyone sometimes isn't always good cause teams figure you out more and look our d is nowhere as good as it was last year.

and maybe a wr cause i'm sure we won't keep ARE, i read on one mock draft that we could get big bens former teammate in the second........i wonder if we are gonna get rid of wilson cause he's being a twat and there is no need for him if we can resign quincy morgan, also i hope washington can step up too.

The draft This year if everything goes right or even in the direction i want it to go is RB in the first round, DE in the secound round, and OC in the third round of the draft. Wr for me i dont see a very big spot being open for us we have very good depth with Ward,El, Wilson,Morgan,N4t, and morey. I see you heard in a mock we would go after Martin Nance Bens WR in college, well i say thats whishful thinking, Nance is even slower then plax but has better hands.De is one spot we may look for early since Von is old and his back up K isnt very young either so we could go in the secound round for a DE, We can get a Top 5 OC in the third so no worrys there, so just my thoughts on how the draft might turn out.

RB-Lendale White
DE-Manase Hopoi
OC-Mike degory
Old 11-15-2005, 07:06 PM   #20
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

I'd rather have Lawrence Maroney at RB than Lendale White if possible. Like the other picks though. We'll need a WR and QB too!
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote