Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-15-2005, 06:13 PM   #21
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Re: RB for next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.C. Lights
I'd rather have Lawrence Maroney at RB than Lendale White if possible. Like the other picks though. We'll need a WR and QB too!

yeah we diffenetly need a new qb big ben is garbage and was a waste of a first round pick, we should've drafted jp losman..................j/k we do need to draft a legit backup for big ben.......i don't know much about lawrence maroney i'm just saying lendale cause i've seen him play a lot
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:19 PM   #22
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Nah, we don't need to draft a backup, but we may need to get one depending on how things go with Maddox. It's not that big of a concern.

I think Maroney would be a great fit for us. He's like Lendale+ (better blend of skills and he plays for a worse, cold weather team). He'll probably go early though...
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:39 PM   #23
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Past seems to know our needs as well as we do! Maybe he is on his way to our side???

LOL
Its true that I have been feeling the pull of the 'dark side' in recent weeks....I need to book an appointment with Bill 'Yoda' Belicheck to increase my Jedi power to resist....must....resist.......temptation.......

Or maybe I believe an old Roman maxim - 'Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer'......hmmm...its probably the first option - you lot are too nice to be half decent enemies (you could work on your nastiness between now and the postseason)

Cheers

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:45 PM   #24
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Okay, I`ll try to be mean, if we meet later this year! We just like your football knowledge
Old 11-15-2005, 06:48 PM   #25
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Its true that I have been feeling the pull of the 'dark side' in recent weeks....I need to book an appointment with Bill 'Yoda' Belicheck to increase my Jedi power to resist....must....resist.......temptation.......

Or maybe I believe an old Roman maxim - 'Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer'......hmmm...its probably the first option - you lot are too nice to be half decent enemies (you could work on your nastiness between now and the postseason)

Cheers

NM
Doh, now's he figured us out.. see, we're secretly keeping you around cuz you are our arch enemy, so this way we can pump you for information

"Past, SF is your father, turn to the dark side of the force:

Now you know we can be mean when we want to be, but ur just too damn civil and knowledgable !!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:54 PM   #26
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

mean???? me be mean to a fan of another team??? no way i can ever do that
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:37 PM   #27
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Bear in mind, the Steelers are not known for picking the super skill (i.e. RB or QB) positions in the first round...they try to avoid the out of control signing bonuses players like that usually require. They actually signed Ben on the cheap, but paid out the nose (and deservedly so) since his was an incentive laden contract.

Look for the Steelers to pick up an OC, probably Nick Mangold or Greg Eslinger in the late first round...you can almost bank on it, since they have a need for a quality center, and have always based their OL on the center.

As a matter of fact, bank on it. It's almost assured that one of these two will be there late, and the Steelers will take one of them...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:10 PM   #28
rgleason
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 784

Well put Suit. I think people are always drawn towards the idea of drafting skill high, but people need to trust the Steelers when it comes to the draft, few if any are better consistently at pegging talent and knowing which leaks to plug. We def. have more pressing needs than RB and WR (need more depth on OL and LB probably).
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:12 PM   #29
TasmanianTroy271
Team Captain

Member Number: 544

The Steelers won't draft Laurence Maroney. Everyone has him going way before the Steelers come up. He's like the number 2 back in the draft after Bush. People have us taking White because he'd apparently be a great fit here and we're gonna need a power back eventually. Then again, if we get a first rounder in our O Line, a 3 round back could be just as good. Like everyone always says, The line is the key.

I don't know why everyone is yelling about Ben needing a back up whenever Batch threw 13/19 with no picks against the Browns. He's only an 8 year vet, he can be Ben's backup for another 2 years at least. I also hate how people are hollering about our DL. WE HAVE ONE OF THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE. Smith, Kimo, and Casey can hold their own with almost any OL in the league. We're also able to interchange with Keisel, Kirschke, and Hoke whenever we want, and they do just as well. We may not have any really yuong guys, but I think the earliest we should spend on a D Lineman is 3rd round unless someone in the top 10 falls to us.

Our future at WR is a problem. We have Ward who will be our #1 reciever for a while. Randle El is a good all around athlete, and can hold a back-up QB spot if nessacary. Cedric Wilson hasn't been showing much, but we signed the guy to a 4-year contract. Quincy's been coming up great on ST, and we only have him at a 1 year contract. We also have Nate Washington who showed great in camp and preseason, but could just as easily pull a Zamir Cobb next year and show nothing. So if we draft a WR early, we're gonna have Nate Washington, Randle El, Quincy, and the rookie all looking for contracts. Who should we cut in that instance?

A safe bet for early next draft'll be a ILB. Maybe a S, depending on how well of a season Hope has.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:41 PM   #30
JerseySTEEL
Team Captain

Member Number: 284

Its rare for a OC to go in the first, we can get the same talent at OC in the 2nd or even the 3rd rounds lol.

2nd

1.MIKE DEGORY
2.Marvin Philip

3rd

1.Donovan Raiola
2.Ryan Cook

We wont go Center in the 1st round.

Laurence Maroney is a top 20 pick, so no chance we get him. Anyway i dont like him hes a Ron Dayne in my eyes.