Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 06-23-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321
Default Have any of you tried Creatine to supplement your workout regimen

I started using it last week and my knee's are aching. I am drinking a lot of water as the directions state (about 1 gallon per day). I didn't have this knee pain prior to taking Creating, but since I began, it started.

Have any of you guys that have taken this stuff had this type of reaction? What kind of success did those of you who have tried it have?
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:56 PM   #2
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Re: Have any of you tried Creatine to supplement your workout regimen

Did you up your workout routine or keep it the same since you've been using creatine?
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:49 PM   #3
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

the only bad thing about creatine right now is that they don't know the long-term affects are.. :( and 85 is right about did u change ur workout regime???

(me i get my muscles the old fashion way of working my ass of lol.. gotta love the protein in ur body)

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

I have never used it myself, and I wouldn't, but I've heard some people having this kinds of problems. some are temporary, others continued so they stopped using it. don't know for sure if creatine was the cause of their problems though

I personally wouldn't use it. why?....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post
the only bad thing about creatine right now is that they don't know the long-term affects are.. :( and 85 is right about did u change ur workout regime???

(me i get my muscles the old fashion way of working my ass of lol.. gotta love the protein in ur body)

and like lilyoder, I too prefer working my ass. there's no side effects and you know it works

I would advise you to seek a professional though. don't let it get worse
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

I used it in the past and never saw anything earth-shattering... The results are temporary and it is apparently not good for your stoach after a while.

Protein! I'm a vegetarian, so sometimes its tough... but I like Clif Builder bars and I have a vegan protein supplement. So think about those options.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:36 PM   #6
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Did you up your workout routine or keep it the same since you've been using creatine?
I have been doing the P90X routine designed by Tony Horton for about 1.5 years now. It's a pretty intense workout 6 days a week. I wanted to take creatine not to get bigger, but to help with recovery time because my workouts just exhaust me. I have been taking only 5 gm per day in the AM right after working out. I'm really not wanting to get bigger. I just heard that creatine helps with recovery, so I wanted to give it a try.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #7
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
I started using it last week and my knee's are aching. I am drinking a lot of water as the directions state (about 1 gallon per day). I didn't have this knee pain prior to taking Creating, but since I began, it started.

Have any of you guys that have taken this stuff had this type of reaction? What kind of success did those of you who have tried it have?

Yes, I used it for many years and got excellent results. I stopped lifting 12 years ago and just started back. I just finished my loading phase (20 grams) and just went to 10 grams a day for the next 5 weeks. I am aIready getting very good pumps. I have never had any problems with joint pain that I could contribute to anything more than increasing weight and sets and old injuries, wear and tear. Also, you may want to see if there is a particular exercise you are doing, squats, leg presses, etc. or anything else you've changed in your workout or diet. Another thing you can do is go to www.bodybuilding.com and post a thread about it. There are thousands of articles and informational resources on the site as well. Good luck.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #8
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
I have been doing the P90X routine designed by Tony Horton for about 1.5 years now. It's a pretty intense workout 6 days a week. I wanted to take creatine not to get bigger, but to help with recovery time because my workouts just exhaust me. I have been taking only 5 gm per day in the AM right after working out. I'm really not wanting to get bigger. I just heard that creatine helps with recovery, so I wanted to give it a try.
I have considered taking creatine to help with recovery, but decided against it since I have altered my workout routine around Tang Soo Do. I only go to the gym 2 days per week now, no longer lift heavy and don't do any workouts with my legs to maintain flexibility during karate, so I doubt creatine would help me. So I stick with my protein supplement, multis and an assload of water every day, and a caffeinated energy drink whenever I'm taking karate.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:32 PM   #9
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I have considered taking creatine to help with recovery, but decided against it since I have altered my workout routine around Tang Soo Do. I no longer lift heavy and don't do any workouts with my legs to maintain flexibility during karate, so I doubt creatine would help me. So I stick with my protein supplement, multis and an assload of water every day, and a caffeinated energy drink whenever I'm taking karate.
I actually started creatine years ago when I was taking Karate and my instructor remarked how about my power increased even though he didn't know I was taking it. I had asked him about it before I started cycling it and he said he didn't think it would help. I was lifting at the time as well so I can't honestly say I was only taking karate. Also, there are probably alot of strength exercises you can do that won't affect your flexibility that much. Perhaps you are already doing some.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:02 PM   #10
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I take as few supps as possible. I drink a whey protein shake every morning and before I go to bed, take a multi-vite, 3 Vite C's and 3 EFA's every day and rely mostly on working the bod as hard as I can 3-4 days per week. I thought about supp'ing with Creatine last year but the more I read about it, the more I decided it just wasn't for me, as I have MVP and don't need or want the extra heart palps.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote