Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-01-2008, 08:54 AM   #1
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Rich Rodriguez was "very distraught" in private meeting the night before he resigned

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (AP) - West Virginia University President Mike Garrison said in a deposition that former football coach Rich Rodriguez was "very distraught" in a private meeting the night before he resigned and accepted the top job at Michigan, complaining about harsh public reaction to a lost shot at a national championship.

As part of the $4 million lawsuit the university has filed over a buyout clause in the coach's contract, Garrison testified the two had a tense final meeting Dec. 15 — one in which the president admits he may have raised his voice and one in which Rodriguez allegedly put his head in his hands and complained about how difficult his choice was.

A transcript of Garrison's deposition was released late Monday, along with testimony by chief of staff Craig Walker, assistant athletic director Mike Parsons and two members of the WVU Board of Governors.
Garrison also denied in the June proceeding he had misled Rodriguez into signing the contract that was in effect when he quit, disputing assertions he told the coach he didn't believe in and wouldn't enforce buyouts.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/8...fore-resigning

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:17 AM   #2
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552
Default Re: Rich Rodriguez was "very distraught" in private meeting the night before he resig

Pay the 4 million and get on with everyones lives. You lost to Pitt and then quit. WAAAAAAAA
Old 07-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Rich Rodriguez was "very distraught" in private meeting the night before he resig

Rich Rod didn't take the PITT game seriously and neither did his kids. His first day at Michigan he didn't indicate that the OSU game was a big deal.

Tressel's first year at OSU he stated clearly his intention to beat Michigan. Rich Rod doesn't take Rivalry games seriously, and that is his major flaw. In college, the Rivalry game is THE game you have to win. Rich doesn't get it at all.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #4
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Rich Rod didn't take the PITT game seriously and neither did his kids. His first day at Michigan he didn't indicate that the OSU game was a big deal.

Tressel's first year at OSU he stated clearly his intention to beat Michigan. Rich Rod doesn't take Rivalry games seriously, and that is his major flaw. In college, the Rivalry game is THE game you have to win. Rich doesn't get it at all.
Ding ding ding! I don't care how good your team is, if you don't take the rivalry game seriously you'll lose the game and you will be shown the door. Look at John Cooper: Dude had the best team in the Country at least twice, didn't get his kids up for the Michigan game (Hell, they blew it against MSU one year) and fell flat on his face. In fact, it's surprising he lasted as long as he did in Columbus.

If he doesn't take the Buckeyes game seriously, especially this year, the Buckeyes will beat the piss out of the Wolverines...which won't bother me one bit, of course, but hardly does anything to rekindle the increasingly one-sided affair OSU-Michigan is fast becoming.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:59 PM   #5
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

As a Wolverines fan, he better take everything seriously. I really think they may lose about 6-7 games this year with the depleted talent. PSU may actually be able to beat them this year.

I just do not like this guy.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #6
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

if rich cant beat OSU, dont worry the Michigan alumni and boosters will run him out of ann arbor.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
Old 07-01-2008, 02:14 PM   #7
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
if rich cant beat OSU, dont worry the Michigan alumni and boosters will run him out of ann arbor.
By the end of this year.

If Rich does once again not take a rivalry game seriously, I know 2 losses on Michigan's schedule already. (Penn State and Ohio State). Penn State has been very close to beating Michigan in the recent battles Since the 2002 game leading up to the last 2 year break and resumption in 2005 by losing by a combined 17 points. Penn State hasn't had there behinds kicked around truely by Michigan since the 2001 game. Penn State I bet you will be up for this game if they continue to prepare like they have had for Michigan or even better. Sure Penn State has no returning QB, but neither does Michigan. Penn State's big difference is that 18 out of 22 starters from the 2007 season are back this year.

I do expect Michigan to attempt to give PSU a game, but if Rich Rod does not throw everything including the kitchen sink at Penn State, pretty good shot Michigan fans will be reliving 1996 again.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:21 PM   #8
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

penn state sucks.. we all know that

Old 07-01-2008, 02:22 PM   #9
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
and how many chances will he get? OSU is gonna put a serious ass whoopin on michican this year. infact, i see michigan takin a lot of ass whoopins this year. hiring rodriques set thier program back years. just look how many players left because he was hired.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:34 PM   #10
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

i agree. i didnt want him hired. i wanted english.