Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 07-01-2008, 06:48 PM   #1
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Judge declares mistrial in Henry's assault case

CINCINNATI (AP) - A judge has declared a mistrial in the assault case of former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry.

An eight-person jury in Cincinnati told the judge Tuesday they were unable to agree on a verdict. Hamilton County Municipal Judge Richard Bernat then dismissed the jury and set a hearing for July 8.

Eighteen-year-old Gregory Meyer accused Henry of punching him in the face in March. The 25-year-old Henry said he was acting in self-defense.
The judge earlier dismissed a criminal damaging charge that alleged Henry had broken Meyer's car window with a beer bottle in the altercation.
The Bengals released Henry on April 3 after his fifth arrest since 2005, and last month he was suspended indefinitely by the NFL

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...s-assault-case

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:11 PM   #2
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Judge declares mistrial in Henry's assault case

Hmm, if he gets a new trial and is found not guilty or there is another mistrial, will he get reinstated?

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:22 PM   #3
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

that is a good question? they reinstated pacman i mean adam jones..lol

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
Old 07-02-2008, 06:37 AM   #4
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,315 Times in 1,411 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
that is a good question? they reinstated pacman i mean adam jones..lol
I am glad you cleard that up that is adam jones.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #5
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by galax steeler View Post
I am glad you cleard that up that is adam jones.
sorry he will always be the pacman..lol

Old 07-09-2008, 12:28 AM   #6
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Because I know no one can ever have too much Chris Henry, here's an interview he did last week. He promises that he'll "never get in trouble again," and embraces the idea of getting to play for Cincinnati again. "I hope so, man. I love playing for Cincinnati. I got really tight with a bunch of my teammates in Cincinnati. I would love for that to happen, but you never know." He also says that he's still been in contact with Chad Johnson and that owner Mike Brown "reached out" to him after he was cut.

Very intriguing considering the fact that it appears he's going to end up beating out the charges against him. Several people have said that if he's found guilty, he'll most likely be reinstated. So, it should be interesting to see, if he indeed does get reinstated, what team might take a chance on him...I doubt that the Bengals would want to at this point, but as Henry said, "you never know."
Quote:
Chris Henry hits Dayton’s WONE airwaves
HENRY CLAIMS HE’LL NEVER GET IN TROUBLE AGAIN

Sportstalk 980 host Mark “The Skipper” Schlemmer and in-studio guest Carlos “Big C” Holmes of the Dayton Daily News interviewed Henry.

Here’s a transcript of the Schlemmer-Holmes interview with Henry:

Q. How are you?

A. I’m doing pretty good.

Q. What are you doing these days?

A. Actually, I’m just now starting to get back into (playing shape).

Q. What are you looking to do once all these legal issues are behind you?

A. Just getting back to playing ball, you know, what I love to do. Right now, I’m just planning on going and training for a few weeks until things come together for me.

Q. How can a team trust you when you come back into the league?

A. I’m pretty sure they will look at that. I’m just going to have to prove it to whoever gives me an opportunity and a chance to play with their team. So it’ll be up to me.

Q. What did you learn from this situation?

A. I learned a lot, man. It’s been like that for a while, you know? This little incident that happened a couple months ago, it really was out of my hands. I’m just going to keep doing the same things I’ve been doing since I came back from my suspension last season.

Q. Are you still living in Cincinnati? Will you train there?

A. I’m still in Cincinnati right now. I’m planning on training down in North Carolina.

Q. Talk about some of the regrets you have.

A. It’s been tough, man. It’s been a long three months, not being on a ball club and just being in the house for three months. I’ve just got to try to put it all behind me and hopefully it’ll all come together here soon and I’ll be able to move on with my life.

Q. Is it possible we could see Chris Henry in a Bengals uniform again?

A. I hope so, man. I love playing for Cincinnati. I got really tight with a bunch of my teammates in Cincinnati. I would love for that to happen, but you never know.

Q. How tough of an adjustment was it coming from college to the NFL?

A. It’s different for a lot of people, that changeover from college to the NFL. With me, it was pretty easy for me, actually. I got used to it real quick. I felt real comfortable after my first training camp.

Q. What are the toughest things that Bengals rookie receiver Jerome Simpson will face this season?

A. Just knowing that all the defensive backs in the league are top-notch and everybody’s going to give them a challenge every time you step up to the line. You’ve got to be prepared for that mentally and physically. If he gets past that, he’ll be fine.

Q. What have you learned from this whole situation and what will you do differently?

A. I learned a lot, man. I learned a lot about everything that happened, and everything taught me a lesson. Just about being in the wrong places and hanging out with the wrong people. I just need to handle myself like a professional at all times. That’s pretty much what I need to do to stay in the league and get another shot at this. That’s what I plan on doing.

Q. Have any of the Bengals reached out to you since you were cut by the club?

A. I’ve lost contact with a lot of guys, but there’s a few guys on the team I’ve talked to. I actually talked to Chad (Johnson) this morning. And (team president) Mike Brown reached out to me.

Q. What did Chad have to say?

A. Chad’s good. He’s down in Miami right now just focusing on getting his ankle 100 percent, and he’s just getting ready for the season. Chad is a good guy. He’s always going to be a friend no matter what with me.

Q. Is Chad a positive influence for you?

A. It’s always positive when I talk to Chad. As soon as I came to Cincinnati, he was the first person I talked to on the team. We’ve been tight ever since then. He’s just one of those guys that young guys come into the NFL and look up to. I learned a lot from Chad. He’s a real good guy.

Q. What’s one thing you want fans to know about Chris Henry?

A. That I’m truly and really a good guy, a good person, fun to be around, and just love to play football. It ain’t all what it seems like when they hear all the negative stuff about me and all the stuff I’ve been through. There’s more to me than that.

Q. What are you going to do to keep yourself out of these situations?

A. Like I say, carry myself and handle myself as a professional at all times. By me doing that, it’s pretty much going to take care of everything. That’s all I really need to do.

Q. Will teams have to worry about Chris Henry ever being in trouble again?

A. Definitely not, man. I’m just going to stay away from the wrong people and never put myself in a bad situation, just try to stay positive about everything and just continue to work and think football at all times.

Q. What’s your former coach at West Virginia, Rich Rodriguez, going to do for Michigan?

A. Oh, man, I can definitely say Rodriguez is a great coach and he can really turn a program around once the players start believing in him and just going with the flow. I can just say that it’s going to be a good game (against Ohio State) this year.

Q. Some of his Michigan players have already transferred. One guy even transferred to Ohio State. Does that surprise you?

A. He’s a tough coach to get cool with, but he’s really a good coach and it’s going to be a good game to watch this year. Should be one of the best.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:42 AM   #7
Boomerang
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7503

He has talent but i doubt his ability to stay out of trouble.Time will tell.

"Don't doubt me, because that's when I get stronger.. ..Marvin Hagler
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:28 AM   #8
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Hmmmm..."know a man by the company he keeps" and all that.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,175 Times in 3,487 Posts

i heard on sirius today that henrys lawyer said he is so destitute he cant even afford the court transcripts of his trial.

hell, that means he probably cant even afford a pack of zig zags, a 40, and the latest BRATZ doll to entice his next girlfriend.

i guess that broke ass fool is staying clean. but saying he can keep it up is pure lip service. he is 1 dog buscuit shy of mike vickdom.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #10
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i guess that broke ass fool is staying clean. but saying he can keep it up is pure lip service. he is 1 dog buscuit shy of mike vickdom.
thanks tony, not only did i just spit my drink all over my computer... i laughed loud enough that someone put their head in my office to see what was going on..lol