Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 07-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #11
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Re: Black National Anthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Of The GODS View Post
THAT'S PUTTING IT MILDLY! I just don't know what to say. We have freedom of speech in this counrty, but to step on the national anthem by singing any other song in it's place is grounds for a verbal bashing at least! I can even get on board with the different styles that some singers use. I personally dig Jimi Hendrix's version; what talent!

Now I don't want to get into a racial arguement, but there is something I don't understand. Why do black people who want to be equal with white people always seperate themselves from whites? I mean we are ALL americans so why do you need to sing a song to express how you feel as a black person living in america INSTEAD of the NATIONAL ANTHEM!?!

The same could be said about hispanics who have the cuban or mexican flag flying! You wanted to be here in the US right? Your country wasn't good enough for you so you came here. Why aren't you flying the American flag?

Before it's said or implied...... piss off I am not a bigot! I just call it like I see it! Don't like it? Take off your PC glasses and take a look for yourself.

I just want things to be equal and stop all the petty bickering back and forth and come together as Americans! 911 was a tragedy indeed, but I was proud of how we all came together and united as a counrty. Unfortunately that didn't last long.
excellent post. and by the way hendrix's rocks anyway you look at..lol ..

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:46 PM   #12
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Of The GODS View Post
THAT'S PUTTING IT MILDLY! I just don't know what to say. We have freedom of speech in this counrty, but to step on the national anthem by singing any other song in it's place is grounds for a verbal bashing at least! I can even get on board with the different styles that some singers use. I personally dig Jimi Hendrix's version; what talent!

Now I don't want to get into a racial arguement, but there is something I don't understand. Why do black people who want to be equal with white people always seperate themselves from whites? I mean we are ALL americans so why do you need to sing a song to express how you feel as a black person living in america INSTEAD of the NATIONAL ANTHEM!?!

The same could be said about hispanics who have the cuban or mexican flag flying! You wanted to be here in the US right? Your country wasn't good enough for you so you came here. Why aren't you flying the American flag?

Before it's said or implied...... piss off I am not a bigot! I just call it like I see it! Don't like it? Take off your PC glasses and take a look for yourself.

I just want things to be equal and stop all the petty bickering back and forth and come together as Americans! 911 was a tragedy indeed, but I was proud of how we all came together and united as a counrty. Unfortunately that didn't last long.
Key sentence right there. Men like the "Rev." Al Sharpton fuel this sort of BS. But before we can blame "the blacks" I get equally appalled when the youngsters from Howard Beach, NY or B.F.E., TX lynch a black kid and set us back 100 years all over again.

I agree with you Hammer. Creating black this and black that (history month, anthems, channel, magazines, etc) serves no other purpose than to keep us all divided. Someday.....

BTW - I once had a Devil Dog on November 10th say he celebrates the USMC Birthday on the date of the first black Marines (June 25, 1941?). I called immediate BS on that one., Explaining that we are all green; some light green, some dark green, but green none-the-less and brothers through our bond as Marines. Ultimately he agreed and we got shit-faced. lol.
Old 07-03-2008, 09:08 AM   #13
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The races and cultures who have had the most success in this country bent over backwards to assimilate, not differentiate themselves. It's fine to be proud and celebrate your heritage, but don't alientate others or go overboard in the process. Irish/Polish/Italian/German Americans (just to name a few) are usually the MOST patriotic Americans, and would never DREAM of singing some kind of alternative anthem. It's no coincidence that those cultures are also the one's who have enjoyed the most prosperity in this country...
Old 07-03-2008, 09:13 AM   #14
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I thought the great and powerful Obama was supposed to be unifying us all into one loving nation.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 09:52 AM   #15
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
I thought the great and powerful Obama was supposed to be unifying us all into one loving nation.
It's going to be like giving the keys to the asylum to the lunatics it houses if this guy wins.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:01 AM   #16
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
It's going to be like giving the keys to the asylum to the lunatics it houses if this guy wins.
. that is great.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #17
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Hammer said it best...and when individuals recognize that they are doing themselves, their families, their neighbors, and this country an injustice...then and only then will this type of BS stop!!!

I bet if a "white' person switched the National Anthem for let's say, "Dukes of Hazzard", millions of people would be lining up to cry foul!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #18
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I bet if a "white' person switched the National Anthem for let's say, "Dukes of Hazzard", millions of people would be lining up to cry foul!
Oh Black Betty bam a lam.......

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:14 AM   #19
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

the southern national anthem

O, I wish I was in the land of cotton
Old times there are not forgotten
Look away! Look away!
Look away! Dixie Land.

In Dixie Land where I was born in
Early on one frosty mornin'
Look away! Look away!
Look away! Dixie Land.

Chorus:
O, I wish I was in Dixie!
Hooray! Hooray!
In Dixie Land I'll take my stand
To live and die in Dixie
Away, away,
Away down south in Dixie!

there is another version that was done for the CSA(confederate states of america)

Old 07-03-2008, 11:33 AM   #20
Hammer Of The GODS
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8148

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
Key sentence right there. Men like the "Rev." Al Sharpton fuel this sort of BS. But before we can blame "the blacks" I get equally appalled when the youngsters from Howard Beach, NY or B.F.E., TX lynch a black kid and set us back 100 years all over again.

Agreed...

BTW - I once had a Devil Dog on November 10th say he celebrates the USMC Birthday on the date of the first black Marines (June 25, 1941?). I called immediate BS on that one., Explaining that we are all green; some light green, some dark green, but green none-the-less and brothers through our bond as Marines. Ultimately he agreed and we got shit-faced. lol.
You take ANY soldier regarless of color or religion and ask him if it matters what race or religion the guy in the foxhole next to him is, and they will say it doesn't matter! He's got my back and I got his!

One of the things I miss the most about the service is that all the racial BS was just that....BS! There is something to learn from that mindset. My senior drill instructor was dark green and I have more respect for him than most men I have ever met. Like you said...... someday.........

SEMPER FI WarDen!