Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 07-03-2008, 12:48 PM   #21
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Re: Favre's possible return

yeah its all a rumor until he shows up at TC...lol...

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #22
PAMillerGrrl83
Starter

Member Number: 3274

^^^^LoL thats funny, it'd be hilarious to see. I like Bret Favre but its time to give it up.

~*Heath Miller: Honakers Finest*~
PAMillerGrrl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #23
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

Brett should stay retired but, he maid up his mind too soon after the playoff lost to the giants. I'm tired of this Brett talk every year around this time. He was one of the best and, had a great career. I the rodgers might say Brett enough is enough. Or maybe Dude! You had your time in the sun and, now it is finally my time.
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:29 PM   #24
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Blame the media. They're the ones driving this....Brett told the Sun-Herald (local newspaper) that it was just rumors and that's good enough for me.

I saw his mom today, but I didn't ask her about it. (I never talk to her about Brett...I figure too many people do that as it is).
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 05:43 AM   #25
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

IMO Brett Favre has the right to play if he so chooses. Why is everyone saying that he should stay retired? My God people, the man can still play better than 80% of the league's starting quarterbacks. And in case you missed it, there is no love affair with Rogers, from a fan's perspective. When Rogers was asked about connecting with fans the way Favre did, he responded with I don’t feel I need to sell myself to the fans,” Rodgers responded “They need to get on board now or keep their mouths shut.” One hell of a way to endear yourself to an organization and their fans as a starting QB. I can't wait for Rogers to turn out to be the flop that he is. Just another example of why Favre is so great!!

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91

Last edited by LambertIsGod58; 07-06-2008 at 05:44 AM. Reason: mistype
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:48 AM   #26
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58 View Post
IMO Brett Favre has the right to play if he so chooses. Why is everyone saying that he should stay retired? My God people, the man can still play better than 80% of the league's starting quarterbacks. And in case you missed it, there is no love affair with Rogers, from a fan's perspective. When Rogers was asked about connecting with fans the way Favre did, he responded with I don’t feel I need to sell myself to the fans,” Rodgers responded “They need to get on board now or keep their mouths shut.” One hell of a way to endear yourself to an organization and their fans as a starting QB. I can't wait for Rogers to turn out to be the flop that he is. Just another example of why Favre is so great!!
No one's questioning Favre's ability to play. It's simply the fact that he can't make up his mind whether he wants to play or not and is holding the franchise hostage at his will.

There may be no love affair with Rodgers and the fans, but the team has already committed to Aaron Rodgers being their quarterback this season and taken the necessary steps for him to run the offense.

The Packers are trying to move on; if Brett still wanted to play, he shouldn't have retired in the first place.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:13 AM   #27
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,411 Times in 1,439 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I think he should stay retired if he comes back and have a couple of reall bad years then he wouldnt be looked at the same as he was when he was on top.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:31 AM   #28
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

Regardless of whether or not Favre's indecisiveness is a distraction, the Packers made the NFC Championship with him. And IMO give them the best chance to win this year. And I believe that's the measure of every team isn't it? Winning championships? And another point is that a still playing Favre puts asses in the seats. I don't think anyone is going to a Packers road game to see Aaron Rogers play.....

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #29
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Regardless of whether or not Favre's indecisiveness is a distraction, the Packers made the NFC Championship with him. And IMO give them the best chance to win this year. And I believe that's the measure of every team isn't it? Winning championships? And another point is that a still playing Favre puts asses in the seats. I don't think anyone is going to a Packers road game to see Aaron Rogers play.....
That all depends on how well Rogers plays. If he plays well, then there will be butts in the seats. If he doesn't then there will be chants for Brett to come out of retirement.

If Favre really wanted to squash these "rumors", he could do two things:

1. File the official paperwork for retirement from the National Football League.

2. Say that he's not coming back, he's retired for good.

However, he doesn't do either.

The Packers need to tell him you are either with us right now or you are retired, we want an answer from you right now before we hang up the phone.

Favre is one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game, if not the greatest. But that greatness doesn't give him the right to hold the Green Bay Packers hostage like he has the past many years and like he is now in "retirement". The Packers have every right to move on from the Brett Favre era.

However, they cannot do this with the "rumors" of Favre wanting to come back. Maybe he did contact the Packers about it, maybe his agent did. Maybe he told a local newspaper reporter that he had the "itch" and all this got blown out of proportion.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:23 AM   #30
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
I don't think the Packers are worried about putting "asses in the seats." Packer fans are as loyal as they come, right up there with Steelers fans. How long is the waiting list to get season tickets now? 5 years?

Yeah, the Packers would probably be a better team with him, but that's not the issue. The issue is Favre can't make up his mind. So what do the Packers do in the meantime? Make plans for him to be the starting quarterback and hope that he does come back? What if he doesn't? That leaves them in an even worse position.

The Packers did their best to try and persuade him to come back after the season had ended, but he decided to retire. The Packers offered him the opportunity, but Brett said he was ready to move on, so the Packers were forced to as well. They can't just put everything on the back-burner every offseason with the hopes that Brett Favre will return.

If Favre really wants to come back, the Packers should trade or release him. Aaron Rodgers is their guy for the future...the longer Brett keeps coming back, the longer they're just prolonging the inevitable.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote