Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-15-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,143 Times in 3,096 Posts
Default ben listed as questionable

just start maddox and only play ben in the 4th quarter if down by 10-14 points because of qb play. let ben run the hurry up offense from the shotgun. it would give him some good practice at the comeback for a potential shootout the following week. otherwise let him rest and maddox manage the game.
after all its the ravens. they should be up for the game but they dont deal with pressure in a positive way. they are more concerned with losing (their coach, their jobs) than winning.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 06:49 PM   #2
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: ben listed as questionable

Ben might be a game time decision, right up until kick off... try to keep the ratbirds off guard.

If we get up on them, we'll break their will..
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:05 PM   #3
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I think Ben being questionable is a good sign that he'll play this week.Maybe not the whole game,but at least some.The original targeted date was this game...so maybe Cowher's just trying to keep Billick and the rest of his felons on thier toes.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 07:05 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,143 Times in 3,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Ben might be a game time decision, right up until kick off... try to keep the ratbirds off guard.

If we get up on them, we'll break their will..
you know i dont think cowher plays those stupid, belichick, jedi mind trick, games and hes really candid and forthright when addressing injuries in his press conferences. anyways all teams prepare as if theyre gonna face roethlisberger anyways cause none of the other back ups bring anything that ben cant.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:40 PM   #5
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I think Ben IS questionable right now...there's no doubt HE wants to play. It depends on how well Ben can move around. Cowher and Wisenhut know Tommy=loss.

We need Ben. If he can play without irritating his knee too much, play him...we need this win, and we need him sharp and ready to beat the overrated Colts.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:05 PM   #6
rgleason
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 784

I don't think Cowher/Whisenut "know" that "Tommy=Loss." Remember, Tommy played as bad as you can, along with a lot of other guys, and we still almost beat a Playoff team.
No doubt Cowher is weary of where Tommy is right now, and if got to start Tommy, then the offense will be limited in play calling. Remember though, we are the Steelers, and it all starts with the Running Game. We could go get Ambridge's JV Qb to handoff the ball. You cant place all the blame on Tommy when our line is getting beat and we're not establishing any kind of run. I think Tommy is good enough that if he can play mistake free and hit a couple of throws early, he will gain confidence and play better.

I dont buy into the idea that Ben needs to play this week to be ready for Indy. He's a pro and should be able to to step in at any time and perform. Of course, unless you're with the team or in the "know," we have no idea where his knee is at, but I would prefer more rest, especially if we can get away with it against the Ravens
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:41 PM   #7
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason
I don't think Cowher/Whisenut "know" that "Tommy=Loss." Remember, Tommy played as bad as you can, along with a lot of other guys, and we still almost beat a Playoff team.
No doubt Cowher is weary of where Tommy is right now, and if got to start Tommy, then the offense will be limited in play calling. Remember though, we are the Steelers, and it all starts with the Running Game. We could go get Ambridge's JV Qb to handoff the ball. You cant place all the blame on Tommy when our line is getting beat and we're not establishing any kind of run. I think Tommy is good enough that if he can play mistake free and hit a couple of throws early, he will gain confidence and play better.

I dont buy into the idea that Ben needs to play this week to be ready for Indy. He's a pro and should be able to to step in at any time and perform. Of course, unless you're with the team or in the "know," we have no idea where his knee is at, but I would prefer more rest, especially if we can get away with it against the Ravens
Hi, new guy. I disagree with almost everything you say. But, whatever...

Prove me wrong. That's the same challenge I utter to Tommy. Prove me wrong.

His arm is almost dead. I watched the game where Chad Pennington tried to throw the ball downfield, and it looked remarkably like Tommy trying to complete a 15 yard out. Chad's was a pick, and Tommy's went out of bounds.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 10:19 PM   #8
bangpow
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Hi, new guy. I disagree with almost everything you say. But, whatever...

Prove me wrong. That's the same challenge I utter to Tommy. Prove me wrong.

His arm is almost dead. I watched the game where Chad Pennington tried to throw the ball downfield, and it looked remarkably like Tommy trying to complete a 15 yard out. Chad's was a pick, and Tommy's went out of bounds.
Not to mention, Tommy's confidence is probably shot right now.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:08 AM   #9
BigSteelThrill
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 818

Firstly, Ben must be given a chance to fully recuperate.
Thats the long term mission.

If he can play with no risk beyond the normal risk of stepping onto the football field, so be it.

Secondly, Tommy can get thrown to the wolves. If it helps Ben, then it helps the team. Hopefully he has enough in him to play a few more games and not be a total embarrassment. (I know, asking for alot on this one). He simply plays his way right out of town if he cant at least be somewhat serviceable.

I would like to see another QB on the roster is Ben can't start. If Ben isnt able to start, then he shouldnt play at all. If El is being prepared for the possibilty, then thats cool. But I dont want to just give the game away. If Maddox is just diing out there, anyone with some experience might be able to help obtain a win.
BigSteelThrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 09:18 AM   #10
bangpow
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 792

Kordell Stewart is available.