Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 07-07-2008, 01:33 PM   #11
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435
Default Re: Rowdy Busch does it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Gotta agree about Petty. He was really good, brings a ton of fresh experience, and nice and smooth as well.
they need to get rid of bill webber though. he is the most annoying man in the booth.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,933 Times in 3,399 Posts

so revs, this thread may just need to be a running thread. perhaps a sticky.

it was nice to see someone take that race from jj last night.

personally im one who believes you maintain "caution flag" speed under the yellow, and when the green waves, green means go.

ive never been a fan of sandbagging on restarts, and it was pretty cool to see busch push the car in front of him and be able to pass on the outside.

now by no means, am i a kyle fan (although my soon to be 5 year old daughter has claimed him cause of his cool geeen car, m&ms, and the fact that he is the brother of kurt). but it is very hard not to appreciate what he is doing.

kudos to jimmie for owning his mistake and not acting like a litte piss ant in post race interviews. for a while during last nights broadcast, i thought the defending champion wasnt even gonna bother with the media.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:25 PM   #13
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

A) JJ can drive the wheels off a car...he just needs more discipline
B) Shrub may be the most talented driver in the World...only time and more races will tell. LOADED with talent...but see A
C) These new guys are all spoiled because they WERE handed the keys without really earning it (Irony alert: Most JG haters made that same very wrong assumption).
D) Toyota pick wisely? It seems so now, don't it?
Old 07-13-2008, 09:20 PM   #14
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
A) JJ can drive the wheels off a car...he just needs more discipline
B) Shrub may be the most talented driver in the World...only time and more races will tell. LOADED with talent...but see A
C) These new guys are all spoiled because they WERE handed the keys without really earning it (Irony alert: Most JG haters made that same very wrong assumption).
D) Toyota pick wisely? It seems so now, don't it?
A) so can 42 other cup drivers. they just need better equipment, discipline, etc. sometimes its the intangibles that make a good driver great.

B) kyle doesnt do what he does w/o talent. jj yeley is the perfect example. he woulda failed as a hendrick driver, just like casey mears has. kyle has talent the likes of casey atwood and kerry earnhardt can only dream of.

C) the same can be said about nfl rookies getting $20 mil. + signing bonuses w/o playing a snap in the nfl. i guess thats just the modern day economics of the sport.

hendrick was a true pioneer putting the young, mustached, jeff gordon into a ride. everybody is trying to emmulate him now. hell, even richard petty had to wait to secure a ride from his dad. its a different story nowadays thanks to jeff and rick.

D) i hope all the haters of a "foreign make" in NASCAR get over it. the difference between pontiac or toyota means nothing to me. all those who oppose toyota better be prepared to stop shopping at wal-mart.

camrys are nice cars.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #15
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Well, the only thing I might disagree with is that Jeff certainly earned his ride. His family paid their dues, and he raced from a young age. He had success in the sport early because he had the talent to succeed. Now they seem to be shoving any good looking kid who can speak well into a car, and the results are about what you'd expect. Not every talented driver has the chops to cut it at 20...most need seasoning, just like prospects in baseball working through the minor leagues.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:38 AM   #16
tony hipchest

oh, i definitely believe jeff earned (and deserved) his ride. the proof is in the pudding. he most definitely wasnt handed the keys because of good looks or because he would immediately appeal to the then strong southern fanbase and have them rush out and purchase the products he endorsed or was sponsored by.

he didnt take over a champions ride or an established team, and at the time, i would even say it was almost a faux pas to put a driver that young into the situation he was given. hendrick proved to be ahead of the curve in those regards. now everybody is trying to emmulate him and catch lightning in a bottle.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #17
tony hipchest

so kyle wins another busch race.

being in the same equipment that has won the brickyard 2 of the last 3 years, how does anyone bet against him tomorrow?

zzzzzzzz. i hope the 400 isnt a snoozefest.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:23 PM   #18
revefsreleets
Living Legend

I still have Stewart and Gordon as my faves...Toyota got some HP knocked off their engines this week (TRD cheating and outspending and over-developing? Say it ain't so, Joe! : ))

I made two predictions of note. TRD would try to outspend and Kyle would definitely be the better driver over Junior. Two for two, ababy!