Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #11
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568
Default Re: Scouts Inc: Ranking the Top QB's

there is a big drop-off when u ta;k about the top 10.. i guess thats y the top 5/6 teams mostly always make it to the playoffs when they have there qb's.. (except 4 NO which are 1-1 w/ brees).

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:22 PM   #12
steelymcmatt
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8255

What's great about our current situation is that we've got the 3rd (and I could make an argument for 2nd over Brady and the Cheatriots) best starting QB and the 2nd best backup quarterback (behind Warner) in the NFL!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #13
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelman16 View Post
Nice read on the backups - that's something you don't hear about every day.

Nice to see Ben #3 too, he'll be number 1 before the season is over.

On another note, Tony Romo will never be a "top QB" for me until he actually proves he can win a playoff game. Until then, he'll be looking in from the outside. He doesn't belong in this group yet.
Same could be said for Carson Palmer. How long til he's considered a Bust? The guy hasn't won crap in the league.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #14
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Same could be said for Carson Palmer. How long til he's considered a Bust? The guy hasn't won crap in the league.
A bust? Are you serious? Just because his team has sucked? Take off the black and gold glasses.

I guess Marino was a "bust" too.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #15
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
A bust? Are you serious? Just because his team has sucked? Take off the black and gold glasses.

I guess Marino was a "bust" too.
Marino won playoff games and actually got there more than one time in his carreer. When Palmer gets to sniff numbers like Marino has in his career, then talk to me, until then, deal with the fact, he isn't a great leader of that team. And being the Leader is one of the most important factors of being the QB at the NFL Level.

Sure hope you have a new head coach lined up for the 09 season. Cause that joke of a Who Dey coach you got now is out the door after another pathetic season this year.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:13 PM   #16
CantStop85
Living Legend

Quote:
Marino won playoff games and actually got there more than one time in his carreer. When Palmer gets to sniff numbers like Marino has in his career, then talk to me, until then, deal with the fact, he isn't a great leader of that team. And being the Leader is one of the most important factors of being the QB at the NFL Level.

Sure hope you have a new head coach lined up for the 09 season. Cause that joke of a Who Dey coach you got now is out the door after another pathetic season this year.
Let's look at this a little closer...in Marino's first 7 years as a starter, his team won more than 8 games only twice. Palmer has been the starter for 4 years thus far and has one season over with more than 8 wins. If Palmer can manage just one more winning season in the next 3 years, he'll be right on Marino's pace as far as team success goes.

But the point is, calling Palmer a bust is one of the more idiotic statements I've seen on this board in the 3+ years I've been here, and trust me, there have been some pretty dumb things said.

Palmer's 4 years as a starter: 90.1 QB rating, 64.1 completion %, 14,899 yards, 244.2 ypg, 7.3 y/a, 104 TD's, 63 INT's, 34 wins, 1 playoff appearance

Roethlisberger's 4 years as a starter: 92.5 QB rating, 63.2 completion %, 11,673 yards, 208.4 ypg, 8.1 y/a, 84 TD's, 54 INT's, 44 wins, 3 playoff appearances

The main difference? Roethlisberger doesn't play for a team that's sucked since the 80's.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:27 PM   #17
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Ben played in 7 Playoff games, that's a little bit better than just throwing 1 playoff pass. And Ben has a ring. Marino was the starter in 83, 12-4, 84, 14-2, 85, 12-4. Then the team fell off and he had 4 average seasons only to go 12-4 again in 90. Palmer will never see 3 years like that in his entire career. Take it to the bank.

I didn't call Palmer a Bust now, I said how much longer until his Not Winning has him considered a Bust. Go 8-8 Carson and tell me how great you are again.

Comparing Palmer in anyway to Marino is what's idiotic. We'll see how "great" Palmer is this year with his disgruntled and depleted receiving corp.

Clap, Clap, Clap.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:45 PM   #18
CantStop85
Living Legend

Quote:
Ben played in 7 Playoff games, that's a little bit better than just throwing 1 playoff pass.
1 playoff pass for a measly 66 yards. It's all Palmer's fault that he got injured in that game as well...couldn't have been Eric Steinbach's fault for pushing Kimo directly into his league. Nah, it's obviously Carson's fault. A real QB would have had stronger ligaments.

It's definitely Carson's fault that the Bengals defense has been in the bottom 5 all 4 years he's been playing. If he were a real leader, he'd inspire that defense to go out and play like the Steel Curtain of the 70's. Shit man, if he were a real football player, he'd go out there and play defense as well...what a wimp.

It's totally Carson's fault that the Bengals are such a miserable franchise. Nevermind the fact that he's accounted for the only non-losing seasons in the Bengals' last 18 years...nah, it's all just a fluke. The only reason the Bengals win any games is because of Chad Johnson and Marvin Lewis's incredible coaching...duh

Quote:
We'll see how "great" Palmer is this year with his disgruntled and depleted receiving corp.
Yeah man, let's see how Carson responds to the team being even worse (is that possible?), then we'll get an accurate measure of how good of a QB he is.

Shoo man, if Big Ben were the Bengals QB, we'd already have 3 Super Bowl trophies...you know, because he could single-handedly carry a team without a defense or running game. He's that damn good I hear. Enough of this Carson loser.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:37 PM   #19
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Good, I'm glad you agree that Carson hasn't lived up to his hype and isn't the "great QB" he was billed to be. He hasn't saved the franchise and only brought them one winning season in his tenure and looking at that roster and coaching staff...I don't think he brings them another winning season anytime soon.

Hey, if the QB gets credit for the winning seasons...he also gets credit for the losing ones. So if "he's accounted for the only non-losing seasons in the Bengals' last 18 years" is true, then the other 3 non winning mediocre 500 seasons are on his head as well.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:49 PM   #20
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

i wouldnt call palmer a bust either or later dopwn the road.. he is better than most of the starting qb's... he is a good qb w/ a good arm... it's not his fault that he plays w/ the bengals but he does give them a chance to win evry game.. and thats all u can ask 4 from a qb to give u a chance to win evry game

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote