Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-09-2008, 03:05 PM   #21
missedgehead
Starter

Member Number: 8622
Default Re: Scouts Inc: Ranking the Top QB's

I am glad to see that Ben is getting his respect. FINALLY. His ranking third is about right. Now to the Carson issue. Carson gets alot of hype from ESPN and fantasy geeks and all for a QB who has yet to win a playoff game. I do admit that Can't Stop 85 does have a point that he is hampered by the fact that he is on a team that has been terrible, especially (I live in Lexington KY so I am fairly familiar.) on special teams and on defense. Comparing the stats between Ben and Carson, they look fairly similar but Ben does have the ring, etc, but he did happen to land on a pretty decent team also. Ben's situation was almost like Rivers' situation. In 2006, everyone was saying when Rivers took over that Rivers was a top 5 QB etc. Well, DUH.......look at that team he was on. Look at that O Line, and that RB powerhouse, Tomlinson, etc, etc that he had. ANYONE , and I mean almost ANYONE even any of the WWE Superstars that I like to watch if you gave them the playbook could be a Top 5 QB with that Charger Team that Rivers was on. Ben got on a Steelers team that wound up going what, 15-1 and then won the Super Bowl. Carson on the other hand got on a team that has been losing for years. I am not apologizing for Carson but I think it is a bit harsh to say he is a bust though. JMO
missedgehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #22
benavidez
Water Boy

Member Number: 8718

ben has alot left in him peyton and brady are getting older so there proably gonna retire in bout a few years lets hope that ben can keep up the good work and maybe one day become #1 on that list
benavidez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #23
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

What Big Game has Carson Palmer ever won since he's been in the league?

Sure he's a Stats Machine against the Browns and Ravens...but that doesn't make him a Winner.

He's 2-6 against the Steelers. Not counting his one play against them in the Playoffs.

He's 0-3 against the Patriots

He's 0-2 against the Colts

Yeah, way to Step Up in the Big Game. He gets way too much credit and takes none of the blame. I seem to remember that season that the Bengals won the AFC North that their Defense was leading the league in turnovers. But they get no credit for that, it was all Carson wasn't it.

He Does Not Lead his team to Victory. Over Rated
Old 07-10-2008, 08:21 AM   #24
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I wish Ben wouldn't get respect. Heck I wish everyone dissed the Steelers more and more. The team seems to unite behind themselves better if it's that way otherwise they tend to buy into the hype and play down to their competition!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:39 AM   #25
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,118 Posts
My Mood: Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
What Big Game has Carson Palmer ever won since he's been in the league?

Sure he's a Stats Machine against the Browns and Ravens...but that doesn't make him a Winner.

He's 2-6 against the Steelers. Not counting his one play against them in the Playoffs.

He's 0-3 against the Patriots

He's 0-2 against the Colts

Yeah, way to Step Up in the Big Game. He gets way too much credit and takes none of the blame. I seem to remember that season that the Bengals won the AFC North that their Defense was leading the league in turnovers. But they get no credit for that, it was all Carson wasn't it.

He Does Not Lead his team to Victory. Over Rated
It seems so obvious. Palmer doesn't have "it".

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:52 AM   #26
9-5
Banned

Member Number: 8674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
It seems so obvious. Palmer doesn't have "it".
A team that can compete in the playoffs? A defense that doesn't rely on turnovers to be effective? An offensive line?
9-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #27
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

Ben is, IMHO, the best one in the NFL. Arm, mobility, smarts, toughness, leadership. He is the whole package. Some might have a better arm, or grasp of their offense, but none of those ranked higher can beat him on mobility, toughness and leadership.

We'll see how good TommyBoy is when the NFL lets him get knocked around, like he did in the Super Bowl.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #28
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post
We'll see how good TommyBoy is when the NFL lets him get knocked around, like he did in the Super Bowl.
Simple - he gets a cupcake schedule this year. Don't expect the Golden Boy knob-slobbing to stop anytime soon, especially when he's in late in the 4th quarter with Moss running up the score on such powerhouses as Miami and San Fran.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:08 AM   #29
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9-5 View Post
A team that can compete in the playoffs? A defense that doesn't rely on turnovers to be effective? An offensive line?
Like I've stated previously, the QB gets credit for the wins and therefore should be also equally blamed for the losses. Just because he's on a crappy team doesn't mean he shouldn't have a say in the types of players on his team. He's the effing QB. if He knows his receivers are punks, like Henry, he needs to get the front office to make a trade. If he thinks his receivers are taking plays off, Chad, then he needs to address it and motivate the coach to do something about it. Don't just say "woe is me, the guys around me stink" Either do something about it and get a win or STFU about being one of the "best in the league".

For all the knocking of the "team around him" he couldn't put up any good numbers without TJ, Chad, and Henry Catching the ball the last few years since he's been the QB in Cincy. But they don't get any credit for wins, its all Carson, and when they lose, its all the defensive's fault. Ef that. He isn't that great and doesn't have the "IT" that is required to win at the NFL Level. Not win big games anyway. He's a great fantasy and stats guy but isn't going to win games against great teams. Ever. That's my story and I'm sticking to it until he proves me wrong.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #30
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
he needs to get the front office to make a trade. If he thinks his receivers are taking plays off, Chad, then he needs to address it and motivate the coach to do something about it. Don't just say "woe is me, the guys around me stink" Either do something about it and get a win or STFU about being one of the "best in the league".
You never cease to amaze me.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote