Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-09-2008, 11:24 AM   #11
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Congress' Approval Rating at a Whopping 9%

I find it funny, from the media and the left wing that Bush gets all the blame for everything wrong in the world and zero credit for anything positive, and yet Clinton gets all the credit for the "great times" in the 90s and none of the blame for anything that went wrong or was bad.

Bush, went to war on Terror which includes battlefields in Irag and Afghanistan. There hasn't been a terror attack on our soil since 911 because of this tactic, moving the battle field. The best defense is a great offense.

Clinton, goes to war with the Serbians, bombs former WWII allies while siding with the terrorists in Albania, has an affair while serving in the oval office, gutted the military, had a Dot. com bust that was worse than the housing mess we are now in, WACO, OKC Bombing, WTC Bombing 1, 2 Embassy Bombings in Africa, Cole Bombing, gave technology to the North Koreans that allowed them to take their Nuclear Weapons development to the next level. Failed miserably in his Mid East Peace Initiative that lead to the Intifada in Israel under Arafat, did nothing for health care while in office, started the Don't Ask Don't Tell Policy in the Military which tricked the homosexuals into voting for him and turns out is worse for them than the old policy, he was Disbarred, and is still trying to figure out the definition of the word "IS".

But yeah, the woes of the world are all Bush's and the GOP's fault.

And before anyone replies. I am 100% in favor of torturing any suspected Islamic terrorist to prevent any further attacks on my country. Jack Bauer style. If they believe that it is their place in the world to get me to convert to Islam or kill me, I see nothing wrong in imprissioning them and getting whatever information we possibly can from them by any means necessary. And in fact, we take it too easy on them and they see that as a sign of weakness. I have NO MERCY for anyone that wants me to Submit. None.

excuse me now while I go clutch to my religion and guns.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:57 PM   #12
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Don't forget about suitcases of cash for China, Whitewater, Travelgate, Paula Jones and Gennifer Flowers, etc, etc...

The moral (cough cough) of the story? There are shady guys on both sides of the aisle. I don't actually think either McCain or Obama are shady. They may both flip-flop, but they are both decent enough guys (for politicians).
Old 07-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #13
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

You may want to think about Obama a little more. The Guy is campaigning out of Chicago...that in itself is Shady. Nothing good every happens Politically out of Chicago.

Do Dead People still vote up there? I wonder.

Oh, and if Obama is raising all this cash online, is anyone checking to make sure that none of that online cash is coming from say...somewhere Not in America? Just wondering...I'm curious. Is there going to be a release of every name of people that donated to his campaign online? Cause legally, you can't put money into the pot if you aren't a citizen. But he's from Chicago, so we should trust his finances are in order. Especially since Rezko is now out of the picture.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #14
revefsreleets
Living Legend

I think him and McCain are both honorable men, but honorable in very different ways. I'm staying out of personal attacks on either, since I think neither deserve it. Just my perspective...
Old 07-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #15
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
Yeah considering your Empreror vetoes everything.. And it isn't like the Dem controlled Congress has a majority by much. TYypical Rep. Blame it on the other side, none of there own fault. And your boys Presidency ratings seem to be pretty low also.
No, you're not extreme at all.

Of course, you wanted to blame the GOP controlled congress for all the bad in 2001-- even though the Dems controlled the senate.

Nope, you're mainline.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:12 PM   #16
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Questioning his finances or where he's getting the money isn't a personal attack. Just to clarify.

I think he's a great "figure head" that the Dems have rallied behind that has no real idea on any issue and talks in platitudes and speaks of "hope" yet really...has no idea what the heck he's doing and is seriously over his head. But Tom Daschelle has his back and so do the Kennedy's so he's now in a position of power to become their "man" in the white house.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:56 PM   #17
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Oh, he's definitely in over his head. He's about to get chewed up by the "monster" (Nixon's perfectly apropos description) that is the political system of the most powerful country in the world. McCain has been seasoned and has the battle scars to show it (and I'm not talking about being a POW).

It's already very evident. The guy is changing positions on almost a daily basis, and is pandering to so many internal party interests that his platform may look more like Ronald Reagan's than Jimmy Carter's by time the Democratic Convention hits. I get what he's doing, but I don't have to like it.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #18
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 4,649 Times in 2,350 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

wishful thinking. obama is something new.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:37 PM   #19
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
wishful thinking. obama is something new.
He was. But other than his internet campaign funding, he's pretty much becoming just more of the same. He's pandering and not holding true to his principals, which was the whole appeal of being "change".
Old 07-10-2008, 11:13 AM   #20
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

They didnt ask my my approval... it may have magically skewerd those numbers down to negatives!