Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-15-2008, 09:35 AM   #41
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: 5 Most Underrated QB's Ever

This IS Buckeye Dan, I knew it!

And I LOVE the last little bit of ignorance, flying in here form nowhere and busting on me for not being a real Steelers fan?

You're a real piece of work, kid...
Old 07-15-2008, 10:20 AM   #42
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

This is not Buckeye Dan. I've always only used XFL2001FAN.

As for saying you're not a real Steelers fan, that statement was a conditional statement. If you don't think your QB needs to improve, then you're an idiot, not a fan. I can guarantee you that Braylon Edwards could learn some stuff from former Steelers WRs who played a different brand of football than he does. I can guarantee you that DA and BQ could learn stuff from Terry Bradshaw, even if he wasn't the greatest (statistical) QB of his own era.

If someone has a skill to offer, you'd be dumb not to take them up on it, even if you were superior to them in every other way possible. That's why guys like Bill Gates and Albert Einstein are such household names. They took a little of this and a little of that from people who knew things they didn't and put it all together.

All I was suggesting was that Ben do the same. I'd suggest that of any player from any team. Find someone who knows something you don't, can help you polish your skills from a different perspective and improve your game. It's sound advice.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:35 AM   #43
revefsreleets
Living Legend

I never said that Ben doesn't have room to improve. But WTF does a confused and drunk Bernie Kosar bring to the table that he's not going to get from a sober Kenny Anderson? You DO know that Ben has a QB coach, right?

Don't bash then backpeddle, and don't try to cherrypick out of my responses. You sure know how to win friends and infuence people, and it took you all of 20 posts.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #44
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I never said that Ben doesn't have room to improve. But WTF does a confused and drunk Bernie Kosar bring to the table that he's not going to get from a sober Kenny Anderson? You DO know that Ben has a QB coach, right?

Don't bash then backpeddle, and don't try to cherrypick out of my responses. You sure know how to win friends and infuence people, and it took you all of 20 posts.
So because Bernie's not the most eloquent speakers, he's confused and drunk? I didn't realize that eloquence was necessary. Ever watch him run commentary for games. He still has good insight and film breakdown skills.

You've been cherrypicking my responses the whole time. It seems like you read what you want to read and in a manner with which you choose to read for the sole purpose of bashing anything I say.

I've actually gotten a few PMs from people who see what my intent was and agree with my assessment. People who aren't trying to read too far into what I've said. I'd respond back to them, but it takes a 50 post minimum to reply to PMs. I'll thank them later.

You are basically the only person who has been upset by anything I've said. One other guy has, but he didn't even attempt an intelligent comeback. At least you have shown to have knowledge of the situation, even if you and I can't seem to get on the same wavelength with that information.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:45 PM   #45
revefsreleets
Living Legend

I'm very happy that you have fans on this site. Hooray for you!

Stop diverting attention from the FACTS. Ben has a QB coach. A good one. It's ridiculous to try and assert that Bernie is going to teach Ben anything. They are different style QB's, playing in different era's, under different systems. You have systematically ignored everything I've told you that you clearly didn't know.

You spewed some shit and you got caught. It's all good, but stop trying to salvage something from it. It's done. Let's move on.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:13 AM   #46
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
I'm very happy that you have fans on this site. Hooray for you!

Stop diverting attention from the FACTS. Ben has a QB coach. A good one. It's ridiculous to try and assert that Bernie is going to teach Ben anything. They are different style QB's, playing in different era's, under different systems. You have systematically ignored everything I've told you that you clearly didn't know.

You spewed some shit and you got caught. It's all good, but stop trying to salvage something from it. It's done. Let's move on.
I understand that Ben has a QB coach. My explanation was that Kosar could teach him stuff. Yes, they are different styles of QBs, but there are still some things that are constant across the board.

Ben could learn from mistakes that Kosar made. He can learn from some good things Kosar did. Could, not should or would, but could. As in, it is a possibility. You make it seem like there's nothing there to learn, but Ben is still a very young QB. Hell, he could learn from guys like Testaverde, Bledsow, Montana, even guys like Ken Dorsey (who doesn't exactly have a great track record as a starting QB) could offer insight.

I'm not questioning Ben's QB coach, his style of coaching, I'm merely pointing out that there are other possibilities. I also concede that it's very unlikely that Kosar would be Ben's QB coach if the option were available. If Kosar wanted to be a QB coach, he likely would be. His non-NFL football life is directed in other venues.

You just choose to discount it based on your facts. Life is about more than just cold hard facts. If you ignore all possibilites for your facts, you ignore opportunities. It's a fact that Ben has a QB coach. It's also a fact that Bernie Kosar was a very intelligent QB who could out-gameplan his own OC. Do you ignore those facts too just because Ben has a QB coach? What if the QB coach gets a better job offer and takes it next year? Then what? I know, it's a what if game, which is a pointless exercise, but let's say the job opening occurs. If Kosar was an option, do you completely discount a guy who knows football and knows the QB position?

How much NFL QB experience does the current QB coach have? How successful was he in the NFL? What style of player was he when/if he played? What "era" did he play in? I admit that I don't know your entire coaching staff, nor do I know their experiences. But I somehow doubt your QB coach was half as successful a QB as Ben is. If that's true, then how is he teaching Ben anything?

I mean if it's rediculous that Bernie could teach Ben anything based on different play styles and eras, then it's rediculous that any non-scrambling QB who hasn't played in the last 5-10 years could teach Ben anything. It would also (by your supposed logic) that anybody who did not play the QB position could team Ben anything about the position, because they wouldn't have any experience. Seems a bit odd how you ask me to quit diverting from the facts when your logic (which is supposed to be fact based) is so flawed.

I'm just saying.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:25 AM   #47
revefsreleets
Living Legend

His name is Kenny Anderson. Played a few years in Cincy...had a little success I think. Passed for almost 33,000 yards in his career. Has a few years coaching experience, a few years as an OC.

There's an old adage about thinking before you speak. It's also applicable to posting on message boards. But keep it up...this is fun watching you continually inserting your foot and digging deeper holes.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:36 AM   #48
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post

How much NFL QB experience does the current QB coach have? How successful was he in the NFL? What style of player was he when/if he played? What "era" did he play in? I admit that I don't know your entire coaching staff, nor do I know their experiences. But I somehow doubt your QB coach was half as successful a QB as Ben is. If that's true, then how is he teaching Ben anything?

bens qb coach is listed as the most underrated qb ever. you can read up on him in the 1st post in this thread.

#1- Ken Anderson (he was known to be pretty good)
Old 07-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #49
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
bens qb coach is listed as the most underrated qb ever. you can read up on him in the 1st post in this thread.

#1- Ken Anderson (he was known to be pretty good)
Thank you for your response.

Personally, I'll learn from anyone who will teach.

If you're a Steeler fan, then it's a good thing for Ben that he's got such a gifted guy teaching him. I'm sure he's learned a lot from a guy who played a different style of football and in a different era.