Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-11-2008, 01:23 PM   #11
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075
Default Re: Bonus Gate Revealed in Pennsylvania

I used to work for a republican in the PA legislature. Trust me, the "in office" campaigning happens all the time---and it is done by at least 99% of them---regardless of party.
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:50 PM   #12
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counselor View Post
I used to work for a republican in the PA legislature. Trust me, the "in office" campaigning happens all the time---and it is done by at least 99% of them---regardless of party.
Yep - that's very true. I used to work for a top Demo state official and though this type of situation didn't happen in her office, I knew it ran rampant in other offices within the party. This time around, though, it appears that the Demos got caught red-handed. I understand there will be more indictments coming down and I'm sure we'll see a GOP'er or two (or three) nailed right along with them.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:59 PM   #13
Counselor
Starter

Member Number: 5075

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Yep - that's very true. I used to work for a top Demo state official and though this type of situation didn't happen in her office, I knew it ran rampant in other offices within the party. This time around, though, it appears that the Demos got caught red-handed. I understand there will be more indictments coming down and I'm sure we'll see a GOP'er or two (or three) nailed right along with them.
It was definately the bonuses that made the difference. The only other time I've seen someone go down for "in office" campaigning (and other things) was Rep Habay from Fox Chapel/Hampton---he had some ex-employees with a grudge who blew the whistle. But I wonder how far the AG will go in cracking down on the practice. Should be interesting.
Counselor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #14
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
Well, at least they protect us from the evil greedy unethical corporations that are ruining this country.....I can't wait for Pelosi to end this "culture of corruption."

Surely you jest, she is the Queen of the Pork Barrel. Oops am I allowed to say that?

If not, I am not sorry. Wait one sec ... Isn't she doing some of the same things also?

Ooops my bad again.

These politicians are so squeeky cleen none of them would ever do something like that would they?

Someone wake me up I am over medicated.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #15
TroysBadDawg
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 6617

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
I think that title would have to go to Mississippi. We have the most public officials in jail per capita.
Naaa, Look in Northeastern Ohio ... Youngstown area, There are more judges and politicians from there in federal prison than anywhere else. Coruption abounds. One baliff was cought stealling oney from the courts, he was tried convicted and sentensed. The sentence was then waived and the conviction expunged all in the same stroke of the pen, although the average citizen has to wait one or more years for the record to be expunged.

the court then aloowed him to retired on full benifits. BTW it was the judge whose court he stole from that did all the other funny business. His Name starts with a M and it sounds like baloney.

Here We Go Brownies Here We Go Woof Woof
Americanos dicen ingl?s, Aprietan dos para Deportaci?
TroysBadDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:01 AM   #16
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroysBadDawg View Post

Surely you jest, she is the Queen of the Pork Barrel. Oops am I allowed to say that?

If not, I am not sorry. Wait one sec ... Isn't she doing some of the same things also?

Ooops my bad again.

These politicians are so squeeky cleen none of them would ever do something like that would they?

Someone wake me up I am over medicated.
Nah, that made sense.

Funny how the minority party in Congress is always against pork, but they're never against it when they're in the majority.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote