Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-16-2008, 07:30 AM   #1
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Day of Harrassment

So yesterday (July 15) I'm driving home in my lovely truck just minding my own business. And all of a sudden out my driver's side door is this idiot in some beat up car showing me his warn down unkept cowboys hat talking about how if it wasn't for Smith in the endzone, the cowboys would have won at least one of those Super Bowls in the 70's. I calmly and rationly explained to him that if it wasn't for Neil O'Donnell they would have lost the third one and that Smith did drop the pass so get over it.
Finally after hearing him proclaim that the cowboys were going to win it all this year, I reminded him that he has TO who does great during the regular season but squat during the playoffs and oh, the cowboys have Romo at QB.

So, after ridding myself of that disaster, I'm about 5 miles from home stopped at a light when this guy in a jimmy-splint cast puts his hand out the window with his thumb down - his wife, who is driving, pulls up far enough for me to see that he's a clowns fan. So I had to reiterate that browns fans are all the same, it's great before the season and everything its going to be their year until week 8 and then it's wait until next year. However, I was able to find out that his wife, WAS NOT A browns fan (she wasn't a Steelers fan) and really didn't encourage his habits. Matter of fact I think she was praying the light green the moment she pulled up next to the truck.

Oh the tests the Lord puts me through on some days

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:25 AM   #2
Kittyfish
Bench Warmer

Location: A couple of hours north of Pgh - so close and yet so far...
Member Number: 5212
Default Re: Day of Harrassment

So, you're in Florida and get harassed by Cowboys fans and Browns fans. Aren't there any Dolphins or Jaguar fans down there to harass you? Where is the loyalty?

I think I would be frightened if people got in my face when I was displaying any Steeler memorabilia, but then I'm just a girl. Heh. Some people take their sports and their fandoms too seriously, ifyouknowwaddamean. In any case, good on you for standing your ground and trying to talk some sense into that Cowboys fella who can't let something go after 30 years.

Love your truck, by the way. Tres cool.
Kittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #3
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,707 Times in 2,123 Posts

Its that green monster of jealousy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,148 Times in 427 Posts

Eh, harmless smack - at least they didn't throw something at your truck or key it when you weren't around. As Kittyfish stated, there are some real tools out there who take the fandom thing way too seriously.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:40 PM   #5
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

You got to take your loyalty with a large dose of humor...

We have neighbors who are a split baseball household...the wife is a St Louis Cardinal fan and the husband is a Chicago Cub fan....They have two flag pole holders on the front of their house..one over the other.

You can always tell who won the last game they played against eash other by which team flag is on top ....Its great!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:51 PM   #6
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,148 Times in 427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
We have neighbors who are a split baseball household...the wife is a St Louis Cardinal fan and the husband is a Chicago Cub fan....They have two flag pole holders on the front of their house..one over the other.

You can always tell who won the last game they played against eash other by which team flag is on top ....Its great!!!
That IS great!
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #7
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I don't mind the conversation and I know it's harmless - but why two in a row in one day. It's like realizing you have a zit, then coming to grips with the fact that it's on your arse!!!

There are some dolphins fans around, mostly bucs fans (since Dungy came to town). And occassionally I'll see a jagsoff fan. Other than that, this place is a hotbed for Steelers Nation. There are 3 bars in the Tampa area that are sold out to Steelers fans.

And I have been run to the side of the road by a bucs fan. But no one has keyed my truck - God help them if they do and I can get to them!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:57 PM   #8
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
So, after ridding myself of that disaster, I'm about 5 miles from home stopped at a light when this guy in a jimmy-splint cast puts his hand out the window with his thumb down - his wife, who is driving, pulls up far enough for me to see that he's a clowns fan. So I had to reiterate that browns fans are all the same, it's great before the season and everything its going to be their year until week 8 and then it's wait until next year. However, I was able to find out that his wife, WAS NOT A browns fan (she wasn't a Steelers fan) and really didn't encourage his habits. Matter of fact I think she was praying the light green the moment she pulled up next to the truck.

Oh the tests the Lord puts me through on some days
uhh..last year during week 8..if anything..there was more hope. ;). Things can change my man.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:58 PM   #9
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
You got to take your loyalty with a large dose of humor...

That's awesome! That's sports at its best.

I can appreciate ANY sports fan with a good sense of humor about their team. Even Pats* and Brownie fans.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:05 PM   #10
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelman16 View Post
That's awesome! That's sports at its best.

I can appreciate ANY sports fan with a good sense of humor about their team. Even Pats* and Brownie fans.
My wife is a Colts fan ..and I tried to make the same arraigment for her and I. Winner gets to be on top.

....and thats when the fight began.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote