Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #111
atlsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 216
Default Re: The SEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Really nice stuff here. Laugh it up. It all comes around and goes around.
Until Coach W is fired i do not have much hope for pitt football. why does he keep matt cavanaugh on his staff - he let his best coach in paul rhodes leave.
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:52 PM   #112
GoFins11
Starter

Member Number: 5876

Interesting game going on in Columbia, SC.

7-6 Gamecox in the 3rd. I'm sure Georgia will come back and beat them by at least 14 points.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:44 PM   #113
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Really nice stuff here. Laugh it up. It all comes around and goes around.
You got me all wrong Dino, I'm a Burgh guy and I still want to see Pitt do well. B4 I went to school at PS I would always pull for which ever team had the best chance to make a splash by Thansksgiving. I was only trying to suggest they do something to fill the stands, even if it's to let in HS kids in for free, the homeless, whatever. it hurts me as much as you to see that stadium half empty. Nothing personal.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #114
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
You got me all wrong Dino, I'm a Burgh guy and I still want to see Pitt do well. B4 I went to school at PS I would always pull for which ever team had the best chance to make a splash by Thansksgiving. I was only trying to suggest they do something to fill the stands, even if it's to let in HS kids in for free, the homeless, whatever. it hurts me as much as you to see that stadium half empty. Nothing personal.
They Just Need To Win. That'll fill the seats.

How about the SEC This weekend.

Auburn with a 3-2 win over Miss State and Georgia dodging a bullet in South Carolina. Pretty impressive wins there.

South Florida stepped up in the Big East and beat a pretty good Big 12 team. I'd be interested in seeing them play Oklahoma though, a better big 12 team. Sooners are on their way to the title game, I still say no SEC team goes undefeated this year or wins impressive enough to go with 1 loss. USC vs Oklahoma. That's my prediction. I figured the winner of USC/OSU would win out. The Pac 10 is looking pretty lame too, with Cal getting punched in the face by Maryland and UCLA getting kicked in the groin by BYU. Oregon dodged a bullet at Purdue, so it looks like USC should run the table and be in the title game. Oklahoma looks better every week, and unless they choke out inthe Red River Shootout, they should run the table.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:13 AM   #115
atlsteelers
Starter

whats wrong with that south carolina game? its a rivalry game. thats like saying the steelers looked liked sh*t because we only beat cleveland 10-6. Any time you go william brice stadium and come out with a win it is a great saturday for me. last year we did not even score a touchdown agianst south coralina's defense and they had everybody back this year and we were at usc. i loved the game. now we just have to travel west and get a win.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:17 AM   #116
GoFins11
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlsteelers View Post
whats wrong with that south carolina game? its a rivalry game. thats like saying the steelers looked liked sh*t because we only beat cleveland 10-6. Any time you go william brice stadium and come out with a win it is a great saturday for me. last year we did not even score a touchdown agianst south coralina's defense and they had everybody back this year and we were at usc. i loved the game. now we just have to travel west and get a win.
Even the 2006 NC Florida team had trouble against USC and that was at the swamp.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:49 AM   #117
atlsteelers
Starter

i would like to say its the steve spurrier factor but truth be told we have always struggled agianst USC. they give florida fits too. oh well that what makes the conference games so much fun and so stressfull at the same time. So you guys play UT this weekend at knoxville. should be an intresting game. you guys had a bye week going in too (thankfully - becuase we can not beat florida after they come off a bye week).
Old 09-16-2008, 02:15 PM   #118
GoFins11
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlsteelers View Post
i would like to say its the steve spurrier factor but truth be told we have always struggled agianst USC. they give florida fits too. oh well that what makes the conference games so much fun and so stressfull at the same time. So you guys play UT this weekend at knoxville. should be an intresting game. you guys had a bye week going in too (thankfully - becuase we can not beat florida after they come off a bye week).
This year's Florida-Georgia should be a classic. Personally, Moreno scares the crap out of me.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #119
atlsteelers
Starter

moreno is a special running back. its amazing the diffrence make that he is. he was came in last year and out played two seniors in thomas brown and greg lumpkin. lumpkin is now playing with the packers and brown was going to make the falcons team before he tore grion muscle.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:38 PM   #120
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I actually agree that Oklahoma looks like the team to beat this year (along with USC). Don't forget about Missouri, though. They MIGHT be able to outscore Oklahoma with Daniels back there firing away (I also have him as the Heisman front runner now that Wells is down).

As of right now, I don't see any SEC team running the table, and I don't see anybody beating USC (but possibly themselves). OU looks really good now. I'd say OU/USC is the match-up as of this minute, but, Jesus, it's college football, and we all know literally ANYTHING could happen between now and January.