Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #11
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: 2008 ALL-TURD TEAM DEFENSE?

Quote:
Albert Haynesworth, DT, Titans: A year of good behavior while trying to get a new contract isnít enough to make us forget that face-shredding of Andre Gurode.
This rotten jagoff should have been arrested on assault charges imho and his mug used to scrub the prison floors.

Birthed from the same loins:

AND

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:29 PM   #12
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,160 Times in 429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58 View Post
so now Ray Lewis is overrated? So does that mean Jack Ham and Jack Lambert were too when they had arguably the greatest defensive line of all time in front of them?
Nope. I recently rewatched SB XIV on YouTube and Lambert was in on a TON of tackles (Ham was injured and didn't play). I've seen too many games where Ray Lewis basically did absolutely nothing (besides run his big yap and jaw at opponents between plays) and I never so much as even heard his name called during the game, but when checking the boxscore of the same game the next day in the paper, lo and behold he was credited for 12-15 solo tackles. He went to another Pro Bowl as a reserve this past season. What the hell for, exactly? The only thing he did last season was call Billick out in the media for his shitty playcalling. Yes, IMO he is overrated. Greatly overrated.

Last edited by fansince'76; 07-17-2008 at 07:51 PM.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:43 PM   #13
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Nope. I recently rewatched SB XIV on YouTube and Lambert was in on a TON of tackles (Ham was injured and didn't play). I've seen too many games where Ray Lewis basically did absolutely nothing (besides run his big yap and jaw at opponents between plays) and I never so much as even heard his name called during the game, but when checking the boxscore of the same game the next day in the paper, lo and behold he was credited for 12-15 solo tackles. He went to another Pro Bowl as a reserve this past season. What the hell for, exactly? The only thing he did last season was call Billick out in the media for his shitty playcalling. Yes, IMO he is overrated. Greatly overrated.
It doesn't really matter. I think if I was a Steelers fan instead of a Browns fan, that question would not have come up. I think some people just want to assume I'm going to be a h8r.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:45 PM   #14
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Ray Lewis can go to hell.

Take a lesser charge, rat out your homies...and still nobody convicted of the murder of the two Akron, Ohio men...one who my cousin knew.

However, in a civil suit Ray Lewis pays out millions to the two families. How the hell do you get found guilty in a civil suit and end up paying a boatload of money to the victim's families...but supposedly they couldn't make charges stick in a criminal trial so they plead you down and make you give guys up...and there's still no conviction?

And as for the "God's Linebacker" garbage. It's convienant that scumbags find God and Jesus when they are sitting in a cell looking at a possible 25 to life scentance. God's got a place for you when you get to those pearly gates....an express elevator with one direction, DOWN.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:18 AM   #15
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
However, in a civil suit Ray Lewis pays out millions to the two families. How the hell do you get found guilty in a civil suit and end up paying a boatload of money to the victim's families...but supposedly they couldn't make charges stick in a criminal trial
Ask Orenthal James for the answer to that. Sad part is money doesn't bring back the families' loved ones and a few million is a drop in the bucket to Stabbit Ray.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #16
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Ask Orenthal James for the answer to that. Sad part is money doesn't bring back the families' loved ones and a few million is a drop in the bucket to Stabbit Ray.
Interstingly, OJ isn't the only Bill to kill his wife, beat the rap in criminal court, and lose a civil verdict. Jim Dunaway has made a number of All-Felon teams for the same thing.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:41 PM   #17
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

For about 5 years Ray was pretty good. Not great, but pretty good. Now if you listened to Joe Theismann and a few other tools, he was the greatest player to ever take the field in any sport ever.

But 76 is exactly right...the dude would run around, pile on after a few plays, talk an incredible amount of smack, jaw with the best players (all more talented than him) from the opposing team, and wind up with 12 tackles and 8 assists. It was ridiculous. The last few years it's been fun to watch Ray get knocked back 6 yards by FB's that he never had to deal with before.