Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
BlastFurnace
Living Legend
 
BlastFurnace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 3,778
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6321
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default A Weak Moment....Reversed

Ok...the gas prices, rising grocery costs, and every other way people are getting my money caused me to do something about a month ago that I regretted....I cancelled my NFL Sunday Ticket. I was trying to save money I thought....trying to show my family that Dad could make the hard decisions too...but I was miserable at the thought of not being able to watch my Steelers every week.

Two days ago, after hearing a commercial about the NFL Ticket, I picked up the phone and righted the ship. I confessed to my wife that I couldn't live without the Steelers on TV. My wife...the Saint she is...told me she knew that I would not be able to do it, but that I had lasted longer than she thought I would before I called Direct TV and told them I had changed my mind.

That being said...and its been this way since I first starting viewing the NFL Ticket 7 years ago...other than the money I give to God on Sunday....it's the best $250.00 I spend all year long!

Here's to a winning season!
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:29 PM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,357
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 1,993
Thanked 6,317 Times in 2,895 Posts
Default Re: A Weak Moment....Reversed

Glad to hear you came to your senses

Helpful hint to anyone who is faced with paying the additional $100 Superfan toll to get The Ticket games in HD - tell the customer service rep you have heard other DirecTV Ticket customers are getting Superfan at no additional charge (which is true) and say you want the same deal - that worked for me
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:58 PM   #3
Hammer Of The GODS
Starter
Supporter
 
Hammer Of The GODS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: I LIVE IN REALITY
Posts: 551
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A Weak Moment....Reversed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Glad to hear you came to your senses

Helpful hint to anyone who is faced with paying the additional $100 Superfan toll to get The Ticket games in HD - tell the customer service rep you have heard other DirecTV Ticket customers are getting Superfan at no additional charge (which is true) and say you want the same deal - that worked for me
Are you serious?!? I "upgraded" to the new HDdvr and it took a shit on me. They sent me another one and it went south. Long story short I am on my 4th one and it's not workin right. So I suggested they give me the superfan pack for free for putting up with all the BS and they would not do it! I even talked to a so called supervisor and they wouldn't budge!

I have about 3-4 years before I can move back to my beloved Burgh. I dream of the day I can tell DTV to stick thier service in thier ass and die! I love sunday ticket but I hate DTV! Worst customer service ever! I hate that they have the NFL package monopolized!
__________________
Hammer Of The GODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,357
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 1,993
Thanked 6,317 Times in 2,895 Posts
Default Re: A Weak Moment....Reversed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Of The GODS View Post
Are you serious?!? I "upgraded" to the new HDdvr and it took a shit on me. They sent me another one and it went south. Long story short I am on my 4th one and it's not workin right. So I suggested they give me the superfan pack for free for putting up with all the BS and they would not do it! I even talked to a so called supervisor and they wouldn't budge!

I have about 3-4 years before I can move back to my beloved Burgh. I dream of the day I can tell DTV to stick thier service in thier ass and die! I love sunday ticket but I hate DTV! Worst customer service ever! I hate that they have the NFL package monopolized!
Call again and threaten to cancel The Ticket (or threaten to cancel your DVR service or something else because you need to "save" for Superfan) - DirecTV hates to report churn in its customer base and constantly gives discounts - when they screwed around on getting my HD dish installed on my roof 2 years ago I received all sorts of freebies
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 11:38 PM   #5
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,070
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,588
Thanked 4,745 Times in 1,784 Posts
Default Re: A Weak Moment....Reversed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Call again and threaten to cancel The Ticket (or threaten to cancel your DVR service or something else because you need to "save" for Superfan) - DirecTV hates to report churn in its customer base and constantly gives discounts - when they screwed around on getting my HD dish installed on my roof 2 years ago I received all sorts of freebies

Their not to loose with the freebies anymore. Be careful if you tell that you want to cancel they just might take you up on it with a smile. Their doing what verizon (or whoever) did a few years ago by weeding out customers.

What you might try is playing customer service roulette. Call back every so often till you find one that wants to play ball. Other than that you just might be sh*t outa luck.
Might try looking at DBSTalk forums, theres quite a few threads on the subject of ST, SF and trying to get freebies out of dtv.

http://www.dbstalk.com/index.php
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:25 AM   #6
Hammer Of The GODS
Starter
Supporter
 
Hammer Of The GODS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: I LIVE IN REALITY
Posts: 551
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A Weak Moment....Reversed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Their not to loose with the freebies anymore. Be careful if you tell that you want to cancel they just might take you up on it with a smile. Their doing what verizon (or whoever) did a few years ago by weeding out customers.

What you might try is playing customer service roulette. Call back every so often till you find one that wants to play ball. Other than that you just might be sh*t outa luck.
Might try looking at DBSTalk forums, theres quite a few threads on the subject of ST, SF and trying to get freebies out of dtv.

http://www.dbstalk.com/index.php
Thanks MACH. You're right about the freebies. They aren't given them out like they used to. Even if they are dropping the ball on service!
__________________
Hammer Of The GODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:31 AM   #7
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: A Weak Moment....Reversed

Hey..

Demand a NEW BLACK BOX.. not the silver ones. Tell them that the boards all over the net are saying those are the ones that are working... (they are).

You will ONLY accept one fo those, and will NOT accept anything else. Then, you will ALSO accept a discount for SuperFan... or a rebate on something else you have that is amenable to it.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:41 AM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 14,357
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 1,993
Thanked 6,317 Times in 2,895 Posts
Default Re: A Weak Moment....Reversed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Their not to loose with the freebies anymore.

http://www.dbstalk.com/index.php
I guess i got lucky - I got my free Superfan this week
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #9
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,070
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,588
Thanked 4,745 Times in 1,784 Posts
Default Re: A Weak Moment....Reversed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Hey..

Demand a NEW BLACK BOX.. not the silver ones. Tell them that the boards all over the net are saying those are the ones that are working... (they are).

You will ONLY accept one fo those, and will NOT accept anything else. Then, you will ALSO accept a discount for SuperFan... or a rebate on something else you have that is amenable to it.
I think if you get the "black" box which is a HR21 model. They don't have a built in Over The Air tuner. So if you need to get channels OTA with antenna you need to get DTV's AM21 Tuner to go with it. If you do I would demand getting that free too.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #10
Hammer Of The GODS
Starter
Supporter
 
Hammer Of The GODS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: I LIVE IN REALITY
Posts: 551
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A Weak Moment....Reversed

I have the new "black" one. HR21-700. It is what I've had from the git go. It's a friggin bugs nest! Thing is forever freezing, not recording, or is just peanut butter shit slow! I am just hoping it works better after this new software update.

On a happier note..... it took a few calls to get the right CS putz, but I got my free superfan pack! Ironically, this "freebie" is something I should already get for the extra money I pay for HD service!

Now I'm primed for my Steelers in HD baby!

Thanks fellas!
__________________
Hammer Of The GODS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts