Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 07-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #1
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517
Default Obama not legally qualified to be U.S. President?

I saw this reported by a columnist, so I checked it out myself. This is only one of six parts published by the Israel Insider magazine.

http://web.israelinsider.com/Article...tics/12993.htm

Quote:
Document forensics expert: Obama "birth certificate" a "horrible forgery"
By Israel Insider staff July 20, 2008

The purported Certification of Live Birth published by the Daily Kos left wing blog and claimed as genuine by the Obama campaign features a security border that differs dramatically from security borders on COLB documents before and after the one supposedly printed out for Obama in 2007.

Barack Obama may be on a world tour surrounded by a fawning media, but Sunday an expert in electronic document forensics released a detailed report on the purported birth certificate -- actually a "Certification of Live Birth" or COLB -- claimed as genuine by his campaign. The expert concludes with 100% certainty that it is a crudely forged fake: "a horribly forgery," according to the analysis published on the popular right-wing Atlas Shrugs blog.

The purported birth certificate was published by the left wing Daily Kos blog on June 12 in response to unconfirmed reports that Obama was not in fact born in the United States (Canada and Kenya were suggested as the possible locations of his actual birth). Since he would in that case not be a natural born US citizen (his mother was not present in the US sufficiently long as an adult to pass American citizenship on to him automatically), he would not be eligible to be president. Israel Insider has followed the story in five previous articles (the previous one here) and uncovered evidence, most recently, of admitted forgery among Daily Kos bloggers, tolerance of electronic forgeries on the blog site, as well as efforts by a blog administrator to conceal the admission of forgery.

The latest examinaton of the purported documents is by far the most detailed and technically sophisticated to date.

Atlas Shrugs publisher Pamela Geller reports that the expert analyst, who goes by the screen name "Techdude", is "an active member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, American College of Forensic Examiners, The International Society of Forensic Computer Examiners, International Information Systems Forensics Association -- the list goes on. He also a board certified as a forensic computer examiner, a certificated legal investigator, and a licensed private investigator. He has been performing computer-based forensic investigations since 1993 (although back then it did not even have a formal name yet) and he has performed countless investigations since then."

The pseudonym was apparently inadequate to prevent Techdude's identity from being exposed. He reports that last week one or more persons "decided to track me down and vandalize my car and hang a dead mutilated rabbit from my front door in a lame attempt to intimidate me from proceeding with releasing any details of my analysis. They did succeed in delaying the report by a few days but instead of deterring me they just really pissed me off. To their credit, if I had not taken a few days off from the analysis I would have missed the most damning piece of evidence -- the remnants of the previous security border."

Techdude's detailed report, which runs more than 3000 words and 20 pages with extensive magnified illustrations and comparisons, reaches the following conclusion about the documented that was first published on the Daily Kos extreme left-wing blog and subsequently publicly endorsed by the Obama campaign, both in statements by official spokesmen, and featured on its "Fight the Smears" website. Here are some of conclusions:

"The (Daily) KOS image security border pattern does not match any known specimen from any known year. It does not match the pre-2006 nor does it match the post-2006 certificate patterns. The placement of the text in all of the pre-2006 and post-2006 certificates are almost identical pixel location matches while the image?s text placement does not match any known specimen from any known year. The shape and kerning of the fonts used in the 2006 through 2008 certificates are identical while the shape and kerning of the fonts used in the image does not match any known specimen. The KOS image shows clear signs of tampering such as the mismatch in RGB and error levels, visible indications of the previous location of the erased security border, easily detectable patterns of repeating flaws around the new security border, EXIF data that says the image was last saved with Photoshop CS3 for Macintosh, and finally a technician from Hawaii who confirms it just looks wrong."

The evidence, he says, allows for two possible scenarios by which the document was fabricated:

"There are two obvious scenarios used to create the image that can be ascertained from evidence. Either a real COLB was scanned into Photoshop and digitally edited or a real COLB was first scanned to obtain the graphic layout then blanked by soaking the document in solvent to remove the toner. After rescanning the blank page to a separate image the graphics from the previously obtained scan could then be easily applied to the blank scan after some editing and rebuilding. It would also explain why date stamp bleeds through the paper and the various bits of toner located around the image as well as the remnants of the previous location of a security border."

The purported birth certificate was published by the Daily Kos on June 12 in response to unconfirmed reports that Obama was not in fact born in the United States (Canada and Kenya were suggested as the possible locations of his actual birth). Since he would in that case not be a natural born US citizen (his mother was not present in the US sufficiently long as an adult to pass American citizenship on to him automatically), he would not be eligible to be president.

After more than a month of controversy and demands that the Obama campaign produce a paper birth certificate for analysis, this damning new evidence raises the stakes for the democratic party and its front-runner.

Will Obama and his people continue to stonewall in the facing of the mounting evidence of forgery, and provide paper proof of an authentic, original birth certificate or even a genuine secondary Certificate of Live Birth? And will the mass media and mainstream pundits -- which so far have hesitated to touch the hot potato -- finally address the loaded issue of his possible unfitness to meet the basic Constitutional requirement for a President?

Perhaps the outspoken Israeli press corps will be able to do what their fawning American counterparts have failed to do so far. Obama's visit this week to Israel will be an opportunity to begin asking the tough questions -- however unpolitically correct -- about his apparently forged birth certificate and what that means for his citizenship status and Constitutional fitness to be the next leader of the free world.

This is the sixth of a series on the purported Obama birth certificate. Here's where you can find Part 1, 2, 3 4, and 5.

Other articles about Barack Obama are linked on the upper left of this article.
I'm kinda curious as to what y'alls opinions are on this. It seems like to me that someone is trying very hard to keep this under wraps - the man was threatened, his car vandalized, and a dead mutilated rabbit hung on his door.

Something to chew on, if nothing else.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547
Default Re: Obama not legally qualified to be U.S. President?

This issue is as silly as the claim that McCain was ineligible because he was born in the Canal Zone. There are two problems with this theory:

1) Hawaii presumably has a record of his birth.

2) His mother is a citizen of the US by birth. This is the first time I've ever heard a suggestion that how long you were in the country as an adult affects that.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 09:59 PM   #3
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
This issue is as silly as the claim that McCain was ineligible because he was born in the Canal Zone. There are two problems with this theory:

1) Hawaii presumably has a record of his birth.

2) His mother is a citizen of the US by birth. This is the first time I've ever heard a suggestion that how long you were in the country as an adult affects that.
1. If they do, then why won't the Obama campaign provide that evidence to shut everyone up? Why won't they address it?

2. I forgot to post this part, by the columnist:

Quote:
She [mother of Obama] was 18 at the time of the birth. According to Jim Geraghty of the National Review, who researched the citizenship requirements of 1962 through Findlaw.com, citizen requirements in force from December 24, 1952 to November 13, 1986, state, "if only one parent is a U.S. citizen at the time of birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least 10 years, five of which had to be after the age of 16." Obama's birth certificate may be a forgery. Obama's mother was not a legitimate U.S. citizen at the time of his birth. And the Obama campaign has refused provide valid proof of his citizenship.
(www.thedailyjot.com)

Again, I haven't jumped on this bandwagon, just trying to sort out the facts. McCain was hit for the same thing, but a Senate ruling decided he was eligble. How come they didn't/won't do that for Obama? At least make it official...

Just some thoughts.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:54 AM   #4
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelman16 View Post
1. If they do, then why won't the Obama campaign provide that evidence to shut everyone up? Why won't they address it?

2. I forgot to post this part, by the columnist:

(www.thedailyjot.com)

Again, I haven't jumped on this bandwagon, just trying to sort out the facts. McCain was hit for the same thing, but a Senate ruling decided he was eligble. How come they didn't/won't do that for Obama? At least make it official...

Just some thoughts.
Because the canal zone was a military posting and ostensibly U.S. territory until turned back over to Panama.

On the merits of the article... it seems like a FAR reach to me.

However, a simple records search should be able to put the whole thing to rest.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:48 AM   #5
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

If only it were true. LMAO
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:02 AM   #6
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,099 Times in 2,383 Posts

This story is horribly unfair

Everyone knows Obama was born in a manger.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:04 AM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

I'm sure Obama would have made it this far in the process if his paperwork didn't check out. Sorry, but the only folks that are DQed after the fact are Olympic gold medal winners, not presidential candidates.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #8
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

Neve believe anything printed by something called "Isreal Insider". They obviously have a slant.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:59 AM   #9
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
I'm sure Obama would have made it this far in the process if his paperwork didn't check out. Sorry, but the only folks that are DQed after the fact are Olympic gold medal winners, not presidential candidates.
Yep...you think the Clintons wouldn't have already jumped on this if there were anything to it???
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #10
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

neither one of these ass wipes are qualified to be president we are IN BIG TROUBLE