Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #1
Kvnfaber
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6695
Default Fox Sports has Browns ahead of Steelers.

Unbelievable.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...Power-Rankings

We beat these scrubs 9 times in a row, and based on offseason moves which are totally unproven, the Brownies get a higher ranking than us.

I know they are good team, but where is the respect for us?

Just more incentive to kick the living tar out of them in week 2. My desk at work is surrounded by 2 Browns fans in an open room, and I hear about it all the time too. Please for Sanity's sake, kill the Browns this year Steelers!!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #2
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: Fox Sports has Browns ahead of Steelers.

cool!

put us at 32 for all I care

by week 10 all this predictions will be laughable. "the browns at 8th!, what were we thinking??"

let them reach the playoffs first, or at the very least beat the steelers once before declaring them better. neither will happen in 2008
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #3
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Maybe alphabetically.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:32 PM   #4
Kvnfaber
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6695

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
cool!

put us at 32 for all I care

by week 10 all this predictions will be laughable. "the browns at 8th!, what were we thinking??"

let them reach the playoffs first, or at the very least beat the steelers once before declaring them better. neither will happen in 2008

The Steelers have always seemed to play better as underdogs (atleast lately), so I don't mind really, its just the respect factor that pisses me off.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:34 PM   #5
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Fine by me. Let the Browns be the pre-season champions.

It really doesn't matter what the experts think.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:51 PM   #6
msafford
Starter

Location: Perrysburg, OH (grew up in Lisbon, OH- 50 miles from Pittsburgh)
Member Number: 2447

Browns '07/'08 = Saints '06/'07

IMHO of course.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:56 PM   #7
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

I think schedule may have something to do with those rankings....We have one of the toughest in the league this year.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:02 PM   #8
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942

ive read a couple guys say our schedule was the toughest ever. I mean that is one ridiculous schedule.

Oh well, it's just some stupid fool's power ranking. SOMEONE had to get clev. a little love. Throw the dogs a bone every once in awhile ... literally.

wait what am I talking about ... browns suck!!!
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #9
RodWoodsonwasprettycool
Team Captain

Member Number: 8551

Sounds like ya'll are scared that the Browns caught up.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #10
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
8 — Cleveland: Everyone's going ga-ga over Cleveland this summer, and with good reason. The Browns, despite missing the postseason, were the surprise of the 2007 season, winning 10 games -- about six more than anyone expected. Over the off-season, they beefed up their defensive line with Shaun Rogers and Corey Williams, and scooped up a first-round talent at linebacker in UNLV's Beau Bell on the draft's second day. Donte Stallworth adds even more big-play ability on an already sizzling offense. The catch? That schedule. It's a nightmare. Anything less than a postseason berth will be a disappointment in Cleveland this season.
In Detroit, Shaun Rogers couldn't pass up a buffet table he didn't like. He couldn't keep focused and took plays off while on the field of play. Nothing at this moment points to him being any more of a major factor in Cleveland than he ever was in Detroit.

Corey Williams however I think was a good pickup.

The thing with these two is that they have never played in a 3-4 system before and neither could end up being a good fit. If they can't work within the system then the trades were pointless and din't help the defense at all.

If Beau Bell was such first round talent, why was he not chosen until round four? A first round talent can slip to the second round (Limas Sweed)...but first round talent doesn't slip to the fourth round.

And as for Donte Stallworth, he's one injury away from missing huge chunks of the season. And when he is healthy, he often seems to dissapear in the really big games. If he was as much of a threat as Browns fans think he is, then the Eagles would have resigned him and the Patriots wouldn't have let him walk.

Also, the last time there were playoff expectations for the Browns (2003 season I think it was), the crumbled under the pressure. This is the first time a majority of the team has true pressure to make the playoffs on them. Last year they surprised everyone...but now everyone has tape on Anderson and the rest of the team. They won't surprise anyone this year.

Anderson couldn't handle the pressure last year, I don't think he handles it this year either. I expect the Brady Quinn era to start around week six.

And their schedule isn't much easier than ours. Lets see them succeed on a second place schedule instead of a last place one.

Quote:
9 — Pittsburgh: Big Ben got big money this off-season, but he also lost his steadiest protector, Alan Faneca. In a seven-week span starting in late October, Pittsburgh takes on the Super Bowl champion Giants, the NFC wild-card qualifying Redskins, the AFC South champion Colts, the AFC West champion Chargers, the rival Bengals, the AFC champion Patriots, and the NFC East champion Cowboys. All in a row. It's the toughest schedule in the league, and arguably the toughest I've ever seen. Pittsburgh's good, but I'm not sure they're good enough to survive that slate. They'll battle Cleveland for the AFC North title this season. It won't be easy.
Alan Faneca was on the decline, a large reason why he was allowed to walk away. The Steelers know what they are doing when they let veterans walk away. With someone who won't be buggywhipped at the center position on the offensive line, we should be able to protect Ben Roethlisberger better.

Giants: How well will Manning be playing? How will that defense be doing with the free agent losses they sustained? Will Boss be the playmaker that Shockey was?

Redskins: They went on a tear after the unfortanate death of Sean Taylor. But they didn't look all that great in their playoff loss. Who will be playing QB for them? Will they feel the effects of no longer having Taylor in the backfield? Will Jason Taylor still be a pash-rushing force?

Colts: Pressure Manning. 'Nuff said. We've beaten this team when they were overall better than they are now. Harrison is on his last leg (no pun intended) not to mention legal troubles over his gun being used in a shooting outside his own bar. Their two best defensive players will miss all of TC, and may not be 100% for the season opener. And Manning isn't even 100% healthy and will probally miss a lot of TC.

Chargers: Very good team, not really any questions. Just how will the injured knees of LT and Rivers hold up and will Gates be able to get back to normal after toe surgery.

Bengals: They don't scare me. No defense and a very one-dimensional offense. Chad Johnson never shows up for the Steelers, so as long as we can keep TJ from doing anything big it's an easy win.

Patriots: The Giants wrote the book on stopping their offense, pressure Brady...he ain't that good when he's consitantly got someone in his face and the refs aren't coddling him like a 6 month old baby. They lost both starting CB's from last year and that defense isn't getting much younger with the exeption of Mayo.

Cowboys: Will Jones be reinstated...and if so will be be suspended again by this game? The Cowboys are a regular season juggernaut...but they don't scare me. Late in the season Romo starts to make more mistakes...this might be the start of those mistakes he gets prone to making.

We could go anywhere from 0-7 in this stretch to 7-0. Every team they listed has at least one question mark.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote