Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #21
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter
 
43Hitman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 5,571
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1251
Thanks: 2,345
Thanked 769 Times in 407 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Mendenhall is signed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
Because it's a free board on the internet, I can pretty much say and do what I want. I'll catch more flak for it being a Browns fan on a Steelers board, but I can still say and do pretty much what I like here.

Maybe you haven't noticed, I don't let a little thing like the title of the board or the fan base typing on it keep me from voicing my opinions, telling my jokes or conversing in any other fashion.

I like to keep it interesting.
Oh I've noticed, how could you not notice the same old dribble year after year. It's funny how you think it's interesting, like your the first to ever type it or think it. Quite arrogant actually. You bore me.
__________________


"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:51 PM   #22
redst3
Starter
Supporter
 
redst3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Disputed Zone Al-Habib Waterway
Posts: 545
Gender: Male
Member Number: 480
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall is signed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
Because it's a free board on the internet, I can pretty much say and do what I want. I'll catch more flak for it being a Browns fan on a Steelers board, but I can still say and do pretty much what I like here.

I like to keep it interesting.
Yup, within rules set by the admin and as far as I can see you meet those. and it doesn make for ineteresting conversation.

I see you over there on the Browns board and I tend to think you are a civil guy....

but this is a Steelers board and I am really pumped about getting Mendenhall signed. I have been excited about this kid since i saw the Big 10 special on him last week. I am really looking forward to seeing the first pre-season game (against the Eagles I think).

Here we go Steelers Here we go!#34 huh, that was Verron, Walter Abercrombie and Tim Lester's numbers, I believe.
__________________
__ My View is "One Sided"_____________
redst3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:51 PM   #23
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,242
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 359
Thanked 2,255 Times in 1,106 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall is signed!!!

Sweed Signed too.

Steelers sign top picks Mendenhall and Sweed
Friday, July 25, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette


http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08207/899545-66.stm
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:54 PM   #24
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall is signed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
Oh I've noticed, how could you not notice the same old dribble year after year. It's funny how you think it's interesting, like your the first to ever type it or think it. Quite arrogant actually. You bore me.
Same old dribble? What dribble do I put out? I made one (bad) joke about Mendenhall signing. For a Browns fan, any delay in a player joining your organization is a good thing for us. Would you rather I wish an injury to your players? I'd much rather they just hold out and lose valuable time in TC.

I don't recall saying (or even indicating) that I was the only one to think or type it. Like a few others on this site, you automatically assume the worst of me because I'm a Browns fan. I'm not arrogant in the least. I know what I know and admit what I don't. If I've made a mistake (or think I have) I openly admit it.

If I bore you so much, then why are you so interested in what I say? Move on to more interesting posters. I don't think I bore you as much as you would like others on this site to believe (possibly even yourself.)

But that's really your problem, not mine.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:55 PM   #25
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter
 
43Hitman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 5,571
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1251
Thanks: 2,345
Thanked 769 Times in 407 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Mendenhall is signed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Sweed Signed too.

Steelers sign top picks Mendenhall and Sweed
Friday, July 25, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette


http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08207/899545-66.stm

Sweet again. I have to re-iterate what I said previously. LETS GET TO WORK BOYS! WE HAVE SOME BUTTS TO KICK!

__________________


"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #26
xfl2001fan
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus OH
Posts: 3,641
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8741
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall is signed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redst3 View Post
Yup, within rules set by the admin and as far as I can see you meet those. and it doesn make for ineteresting conversation.

I see you over there on the Browns board and I tend to think you are a civil guy....

but this is a Steelers board and I am really pumped about getting Mendenhall signed. I have been excited about this kid since i saw the Big 10 special on him last week. I am really looking forward to seeing the first pre-season game (against the Eagles I think).

Here we go Steelers Here we go!#34 huh, that was Verron, Walter Abercrombie and Tim Lester's numbers, I believe.
I try not to be a total jack@$$. You're a pretty good guy over there as well. You're every bit as respected a Steeler fan as Steel is over there.

I would expect for Steelers fans to be excited about signing draft picks. I have no issue with that. Of the names you mention, I think I like Tim Lester the least. LOL
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #27
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,242
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 359
Thanked 2,255 Times in 1,106 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall is signed!!!

#34......I love to say Abercrmbie!! Remember when he rushed for crazy yardage in the Hula bowl his Sr. year, just to be drafted and be a bust.

Weggie Thompson is another all-name Steelers.

Mendenhall is gonna be special in a year or two.

As for XFL2001fan....he's OK in my book. Not ignorant or condescending...just a browns fan. I can't degrade a guy for that....its an affliction he was born with ;)
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #28
DACEB
Banned
 
DACEB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,480
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall is signed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
34 for Mendenhall, nice!

he's the new Walter Payton
The best ever IMO, please make it so Lord.
DACEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:29 PM   #29
Hypocycloid
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 285
Member Number: 8450
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 8 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall is signed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
what numbers are Mendenhall, Sweed and Davis???
Right now they are:
Davis 53
Mendenhal 34
Sweed 14
Hypocycloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:31 PM   #30
OneForTheToe
Living Legend
 
OneForTheToe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Steeler Nation
Posts: 3,360
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Mendenhall is signed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
#34......I love to say Abercrmbie!! Remember when he rushed for crazy yardage in the Hula bowl his Sr. year, just to be drafted and be a bust.

Weggie Thompson is another all-name Steelers.

Mendenhall is gonna be special in a year or two.

As for XFL2001fan....he's OK in my book. Not ignorant or condescending...just a browns fan. I can't degrade a guy for that....its an affliction he was born with ;)

I like how Frank Gifford used to call him AbercrAmbie.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts