Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #71
billybob
Banned

Member Number: 5364
Default Re: Mendenhall is signed!!!

Ok i'm sorry,i just can't imagine going to the site of the cleveland browns and sticking my nose in thier affairs.I go to the site of my favorite team.I know how important the browns are to us.They are so important,that when the originals left cleveland,i kind of felt sorry for them.plus it is two wins every year for us.but me myself,feel comfortable beating the original browns around.Even archie griffin would come out of the closet already.you hang here for a reason.....cause ya love the "STEELERS" nuff said.

Last edited by billybob; 07-26-2008 at 09:56 AM. Reason: "look at the arms on speed"
billybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:41 AM   #72
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,452 Times in 1,631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybob View Post
Ok i'm sorry,i just can't imagine going to the site of the cleveland browns and sticking my nose in thier affairs.I go to the site of my favorite team.I know how important the browns are to us.They are so important,that when the originals left cleveland,i kind of felt sorry for them.plus it is two wins every year for us.but me myself,feel comfortable beating the original browns around.Even archie griffin would come out of the closet already.you hang here for a reason.....cause ya love the "STEELERS" nuff said.
Yeah, personally I have never looked at a Browns forum to see what they are saying. I've found some Browns info on the leader-dispatch?? when googling to see whats the deal with staph infections at the mistake on the lake.

Maybe the Browns forums suck and some non steeler fans like to participate here. Either way, I got no problem as long as they arent trolls. I'm curious to see Mendenhall for the next 5 seasons...think its gonna be great.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:13 PM   #73
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Ladies and Gents, I think our season is gonna be a great one myself and I think that Mendenhall and parker are gonna make a great team.
Just talk football and " Just Let It Go"
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #74
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Ok i'm sorry,i just can't imagine going to the site of the cleveland browns and sticking my nose in thier affairs.
That's how you do business. That's great. I like to keep an open mind. It's not like this is some secret meeting of the minds of Steelers FO personnel. This is a website for fans. I have as much a right to be here as you do.

Quote:
I go to the site of my favorite team.I know how important the browns are to us.They are so important,that when the originals left cleveland,i kind of felt sorry for them.plus it is two wins every year for us.but me myself,feel comfortable beating the original browns around.
There are Browns sites that I dont go to because everyone there is a Troll (even the Mods.) On some, if you aren't thoroughly convinced that the Brows are going to win the SB this year, your posts are then modified to say things like "I'm gay". Or they change the font color to pink or purple. It's automatic. Why would I go hang out with those arse rags? The only Browns site I do visit, the majority tend to think along the exact same lines. I like debate. It's hard to get a good debate going over there inside the realm of football. I get that here.

Quote:
Even archie griffin would come out of the closet already.you hang here for a reason.....cause ya love the "STEELERS" nuff said.
It doesn't make me less of a fan to say there are question marks on my team. It doesn't make me a Steelers fan because I say good things about the Steelers. I'm a fan of football. I hated watching my team play against the guy, but you guys had one of the greatest DBs of all time in Rod Woodson. It doesn't make me less of a Browns fan because I recognize the talent. I despised Cowher, but he was a good coach. I dont know who your GM has been these last couple of decades, but I despise him and his scouting department. However, they're pretty damn good at their job too.

I don't have to be a Colts fan to say that Peyton Manning is a good QB and that Marvin Harrison is a good route runner. I don't need to be a Patriots fan to say that Randy Moss (when he feels like it) makes a lot of bad throws into spectacular plays because he's such a physically talented WR.

I'm here because it's fun to be here. The debates, the difference in opinions, the jokes. This site is run well by a group of great people who happen to have the one flaw of being Steelers fan. I can live with that.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #75
billybob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
Yeah, personally I have never looked at a Browns forum to see what they are saying. I've found some Browns info on the leader-dispatch?? when googling to see whats the deal with staph infections at the mistake on the lake.

Maybe the Browns forums suck and some non steeler fans like to participate here. Either way, I got no problem as long as they arent trolls. I'm curious to see Mendenhall for the next 5 seasons...think its gonna be great.
I said my apology as best i could,but did not look at it that way.I ask my boss why do Cleveland Browns fans go to a steelers web site?He thought it was a joke.I said no,this is not a joke.Being a Browns fan all his life,and he is actually older than i(54) and i am 47,could not answer that question.Even in the lawyer terms that he uses Mon. thru Fri.But i actually like my boss,he does not tell our fans what our team should do and sticks bye his.......team.He said he has never came to our site too.He was not under oath at the time though.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #76
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
I said my apology as best i could,but did not look at it that way.I ask my boss why do Cleveland Browns fans go to a steelers web site?He thought it was a joke.I said no,this is not a joke.Being a Browns fan all his life,and he is actually older than i(54) and i am 47,could not answer that question.Even in the lawyer terms that he uses Mon. thru Fri.But i actually like my boss,he does not tell our fans what our team should do and sticks bye his.......team.He said he has never came to our site too.He was not under oath at the time though.
Seemed a pretty bad apology. If that's the best you got, I feel sorry for your peers.

I'm not the only Browns fan on this site and some of my family members are amazed that I did do this. However, they don't see anything wrong with it. There's no rule against it.

Did you know that there are Steelers fans on Browns websites? Yup, not just trolls either. There are two of them that I have a great deal of respect for on browns247.com.

Is there anything wrong with them posting over there?

Explain it to me. I'm not a stupid guy.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:16 PM   #77
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

I spent almost a year on a Browns forum.. enjoyed it too. It gave me a different perspective on my team, their team, and other teams in the league.

not a thing wrong with that.

And I talked very little smack as well.

Sure, there were some idiots there... and eventually, I decided to leave because well... I just got tired of a few of the tired same old renditions of the same thing time after time....

But I welcome all who enjoy talking football, and can discuss the Steelers with a different perspective, without being trollish about it. It provides perspective.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:55 PM   #78
billybob
Banned

To each his own.Maybe my lack of mental capacity prevents me from relating to that point of view,but i doubt that very much! Blind in one eye,but i can see out of the other! Inhibiting my point of view is kind of unjust don't you think? I can not use "quotes" to make my point?Threats are of no value to me.Standing up for my beliefs are invaluable to me.If i stand alone,so be it. I always have,and will continue to overcome,and not expect someone to agree with my opinion.If i deserve (30) days,that would just kill me.NOT!!!!!!!! I will still remain loyal to my "chosen" team.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:21 PM   #79
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
That's how you do business. That's great. I like to keep an open mind. It's not like this is some secret meeting of the minds of Steelers FO personnel. This is a website for fans. I have as much a right to be here as you do.

There are Browns sites that I dont go to because everyone there is a Troll (even the Mods.) On some, if you aren't thoroughly convinced that the Brows are going to win the SB this year, your posts are then modified to say things like "I'm gay". Or they change the font color to pink or purple. It's automatic. Why would I go hang out with those arse rags? The only Browns site I do visit, the majority tend to think along the exact same lines. I like debate. It's hard to get a good debate going over there inside the realm of football. I get that here.

It doesn't make me less of a fan to say there are question marks on my team. It doesn't make me a Steelers fan because I say good things about the Steelers. I'm a fan of football. I hated watching my team play against the guy, but you guys had one of the greatest DBs of all time in Rod Woodson. It doesn't make me less of a Browns fan because I recognize the talent. I despised Cowher, but he was a good coach. I dont know who your GM has been these last couple of decades, but I despise him and his scouting department. However, they're pretty damn good at their job too.

I don't have to be a Colts fan to say that Peyton Manning is a good QB and that Marvin Harrison is a good route runner. I don't need to be a Patriots fan to say that Randy Moss (when he feels like it) makes a lot of bad throws into spectacular plays because he's such a physically talented WR.

I'm here because it's fun to be here. The debates, the difference in opinions, the jokes. This site is run well by a group of great people who happen to have the one flaw of being Steelers fan. I can live with that.
I know you're not going to get run off here. Stick around. There are many things more important in this world than petty "color loyalty". That is a luxury for us. In reality, you can never have too many pals, and what team they root for is pretty far down the list when you start to choose them.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote