Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 07-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Houston Texans

So I've been browsing the Texans news sights and football talk looking for information on our enemy.

Found this very interesting.

http://blogs.chron.com/stevecampbell..._its_goin.html

July 12, 2008
Game-by-game prediction for the Texans season
Texans training camp begins in less than two weeks. This a wonderful development for all of us who are having a harder and harder time bearing the sight of the Astros.
The real beauty of it is, the Texans are the ones who have to do all the dirty work all the blocking, tackling, sweating and rehab. The rest of us can sit back in air-conditioned comfort, if we wish, in eager anticipation of another season.

Is this the season the Texans finally become a winning team? Could this, pray tell, be the year the Texans actually get into the playoffs. Will the Texans be healthy enough, for a welcome change, to show just how good they can be? Can they weather an early-season schedule that's tougher than prison meat?

Until further notice or injuries to Andre Johnson or Matt Schaub of Mario Williams or Amobi Okoye, here's how I see the 2008 season unfolding for the Texans:

Sept. 7 at Pittsburgh The Steelers haven't lost a season opener since 2002, when they were facing defending Super Bowl champion New England. We've seen the Texans, and they're not the Patriots. The Texans fall to 0-1.

Sept. 14 vs. Baltimore Brian Billick is out as the Ravens coach, and the quarterback situation is a perpetual mess, and this should be a home-opening victory on a silver platter. The Texans win to go 1-1.

Sept. 21 at Tennessee The early-season schedule looks brutal for the Texans, who are going to get buried in the standings early if they don't figure out a way to win a game they shouldn't. This is the one, putting the Texans at 2-1. Vince Young undoubtedly will be valiant and heroic, though, so all of Houston wins.

Sept. 28 at Jacksonville The Texans like to think they kind of have the Jaguars' number. The Jaguars want to perish that thought, and they do, dropping the Texans to 2-2.

Oct. 5 vs. Indianapolis The Texans are good enough to play the Colts tough. The Texans aren't good enough to win when the Colts are at full attention, which they will be this early in the season. The Texans fall to 2-3.

Oct. 12 vs. Miami Just about every team has that one game that it absolutely, positively, should not lose and loses anyway. This isn't that game, though it just may be tougher than Texans fans might expect. The Texans improve to 3-3.

Oct. 19 vs. Detroit Two words: Matt Millen. A Matt Millen-built team has about as much NFL cred as a Michael Bolton-sung song. The Texans are 4-3 and heading into their bye week.

Nov. 2 at Minnesota Last season, the Texans used the bye week well, defeating New Orleans, 23-10, and starting a four-game home winning streak. The Texans will be on the road this time, and it will be their undoing. The Texans fall to 4-4.

Nov. 9 vs. Cincinnati Make-or-break week for the Texans. If they win this one, they have a chance to get into the playoff picture. If they lose, coach Gary Kubiak will have quite a challenge keeping the team together down the stretch. Hope lives a little longer: The Texans win to get to 5-4.

Nov. 16 at Indianapolis The Texans aren't quite ready to win a big game on the road against the ilk of the Colts. Few teams are. The Texans fall to 5-5.

Nov. 23 at Cleveland When the Texans ventured to Cleveland last season, the Browns were simply too much. With a game against the Colts looming the next week, the Browns neglect to properly focus on the task at hand. The Texans steal an unexpected victory to get to 6-5.

Dec. 1 vs. Jacksonville Reliant Stadium will be hopping like at no time in franchise history with the Texans playing their first Monday night game. The Texans feed off their fans to pull out a victory against a tough Jaguars team to get to 7-5.

Dec. 7 at Green Bay Pffft. After two emotional and draining victories, the Texans come up flat on the road and fall to 7-6.

Dec. 14 vs. Tennessee It's time for the playoff push. Three victories to close the season, and the Texans are almost certainly in the post season. One down, two to go, putting the Texans at 8-6.

Dec. 21 at Oakland Remember that dreaded game that you absolutely, positively, cannot see your team losing and then it does? This is the one for the Texans. They have one of those inexplicable days and go home to a miserable Christmas with an 8-7 record.

Dec. 28 vs. Chicago The Texans regroup to win their season finale and get to 9-7. Is that good enough to get them into the backdoor of the playoffs?
Old 07-25-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Houston Texans

Funny, he has his team beating 3 of the 4 AFC North teams.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #3
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

[IOct. 19 vs. Detroit — Two words: Matt Millen. A Matt Millen-built team has about as much NFL cred as a Michael Bolton-sung song. The Texans are 4-3 and heading into their bye week][/I]

Now that was funny!! A Michael Bolton sung song.....LMFAO!!

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 05:53 PM   #4
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Even with this dude drinking the kool aid he can barely bring himself to get them to 9-7?

It's stuff like this that make me glad that I am and always have been a Steelers fan. Even in years when we knew we were going to be "off" a bit, we still expect to at least make the playoffs.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:28 PM   #5
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

If they are healthy, IF, the Texans will beat Indy at least once this season! Write it down.....
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

It wouldn't surprise me if they came in and beat us. What kind of teams give us trouble...those with a DL that can put pressure on the passer...which is what they can do.

We better come with our A game on Opening Day. They very well could come in and ruin our party.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:13 PM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if they came in and beat us. What kind of teams give us trouble...those with a DL that can put pressure on the passer...which is what they can do.

We better come with our A game on Opening Day. They very well could come in and ruin our party.
You're right about that, Edman. It's the teams most of us take lightly that give us the hardest time and the Texans could very well be one of those teams. I'm not saying the Steelers won't win the opener, but as you said - we'd damned well better come out onto that field with our A game plan and execute!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:14 PM   #8
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

I think that is a pretty good prediction for the 2008 texans.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:18 AM   #9
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

The Texans' DL will be a quick test of our O-line play for the upcoming year. Hopefully they don't fail it.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:30 AM   #10
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post

Think about games we have lost to them before.

Cowher ran teams played to their opponent. If it was a good team coming in, they would play up to that team... and win a lot of the time.

If it was a bad team, they would play down, and lose a lot of the time.

Last year, we lost to Denver, the Cards, and the Jets.

This game will be a dangerous game. You all are right... we need to set things straight in a hurry.

Go up by 21... then crush them.

Then the second quarter comes!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote