Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-31-2008, 08:15 AM   #1
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Top 6 Reasons the Browns won’t win the division or make the playoffs in ‘08

6. SOS. True, the schedule the Browns face isn’t as tough as the one facing the Steelers, but they will definitely be facing better competition from week to week than last year.

5. Derek Anderson. I’ve typed enough about this guy already, but he’s a “one and done” career back-up who had his moment in the sun. He’s Kelly Holcomb all over again. He was exposed towards the end of the year, and was so out of his depth at the Pro Bowl as to be laughable. But this leads to another problem for the Browns, namely…

4. Brady Quinn. He’ll grab the starters job probably sooner rather then later, and I think he’ll be a fine NFL QB at some point, but he’s going to struggle at times in his first year, despite the good supporting cast and talented skill players, namely because the Browns will be playing from behind a lot due to…

3. A mediocre defense. Yes, they made improvements along the front, but that secondary has more holes than Swiss cheese. It’s like having a baseball team with great hitting and no pitching. Patching one of two holes on a boat only slows the flooding, but the boat is still gonna sink.

2. Not sneaking up on anybody this year. They play a tough schedule, a lot of big prime-time games, the media is hyping them, and teams are not going to take them lightly. They aren’t an automatic win for anybody (their owners, the Steelers, being the exception to that), so they will be in some dogfights this year, and will lose some games they probably should win.

1. Finally, the one thing no stat or fact or figure can overcome: this team is CURSED! It doesn’t matter what kid of product this team puts on the field, they are never going to win a big Championship game. They could be up by 40 points in the AFCCG and al Qaeda would blow up the stadium. There will always be “The Drive” or “The Fumble” or something…it’s just never going to happen for them.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:35 AM   #2
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Top 6 Reasons the Browns won’t win the division or make the playoffs in ‘08

You can add the Aging runningback that has been accused of not running yard the last few years he was in Baltimore.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Default Re: Top 6 Reasons the Browns won’t win the division or make the playoffs in ‘08

Actually, Lewis showed up to camp at his College weight. I think he'll have a good year if he doesn't get injured. If he DOES go dow, the Browns are effed...they have no depth at RB at all...
Old 07-31-2008, 09:54 AM   #4
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
You can add the Aging runningback that has been accused of not running yard the last few years he was in Baltimore.
I would rather look at how he ran for the Browns last year than how he ran for some other team 2+ years ago.

Let's face it, we've got a better offensive line than what he had to deal with his last two years in Baltimore.

We also have more (and better) pass catching skill players available to keep defenses honest and stretch the field.

He's also 2 months younger than LT, and roughly 1500 yards behind him in total yardage. Not too shabby.

He didn't play in 2001, so they've both had an equal number of playing years in the NFL.

I wouldn't completely discount Lewis just yet. If he stays healthy, we're in pretty damn good shape.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:06 AM   #5
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

If Lewis was in the AFC East or West playing against those non run defense teams, I'd give him a chance. But having to play the Steeler twice and his old team twice a year, plus the NFC East this season, I don't see him having a fantastic season. But that's just me.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:17 AM   #6
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
I wouldn't completely discount Lewis just yet. If he stays healthy, we're in pretty damn good shape.
and if he isn't? jerome harrison is a good backup, but I highly doubt he's a starter
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:09 PM   #7
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Browns need to worry about their first game. If they lose that and then have to play the Steelers, they could be in for a long season starting at 0-2.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:28 PM   #8
revefsreleets
Living Legend

I wouldn't mind if they beat the "girls"...it's a lessor of two evils kind of thing, and will make our beatdown of them in week 2 taste all the more bitter, especially since it will be on their turf, and you KNOW the fans will be all up in our mix if they are 1-0...

How many games has Ben lost in Ohio again?
Old 07-31-2008, 12:46 PM   #9
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
They could be up by 40 points in the AFCCG and al Qaeda would blow up the stadium.
Maybe, but in all honesty, if al Qaeda was going to blow up the stadium, I'd rather they not waste it on the Browns. Please, for everyone's sake, do it during the Colts-Patriots game so people would shut up about them.

Although I'm sure that for several months, all we'd still hear about would be how Tom Brady and Peyton Manning were the best QBs in the league at dying.
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:42 PM   #10
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Maybe, but in all honesty, if al Qaeda was going to blow up the stadium, I'd rather they not waste it on the Browns. Please, for everyone's sake, do it during the Colts-Patriots game so people would shut up about them.

Although I'm sure that for several months, all we'd still hear about would be how Tom Brady and Peyton Manning were the best QBs in the league at dying.
Are you kidding? I'm sure those two would "Batman up," singlehandedly foil the plot and bring the perps to justice! They're both really crimefighting superheroes when they aren't throwing TD passes by the bushel.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote