Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #1
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default Kemoeatu returns

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08218/901922-66.stm

SNIP
Kemoeatu practiced wearing a protective brace on his left triceps and said his arm felt fine after a 90-minute afternoon practice.

"It was good," Kemoeatu said. "I'm glad practice was short [because] I still got to get in some cardio and get in shape. Other than that, I felt good. I felt out of whack from not being out there, but give it a couple days."

Okay. This is disturbing. You are NOT a starter. Never been a starter in the NFL. You are replacing one of the finest footbal players in the game.

If you are using CAMP to get in shape then you are already LOSING. What don't THEY UNDERSTAND?

Mike Tomlin. Is this what we can expect in future camps? Granted the blubbering is still from the end of the Cowher Era.

This shows an utter lack of respect...to who I'm not quite sure yet.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #2
Lord Stiller
Banned

Member Number: 7087
Default Re: Kemoeatu returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt View Post
Okay. This is disturbing. You are NOT a starter. Never been a starter in the NFL. You are replacing one of the finest footbal players in the game.

If you are using CAMP to get in shape then you are already LOSING. What don't THEY UNDERSTAND?

Mike Tomlin. Is this what we can expect in future camps? Granted the blubbering is still from the end of the Cowher Era.

stop whining. he's just a little rusty. I heard he looked good out there excpet for a couple instances

Kemo is going to be a big upgrade over Faneca as a pass-blocker (that's right, i said it!)
Lord Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:35 PM   #3
CanadianSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 6555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post
stop whining. he's just a little rusty. I heard he looked good out there excpet for a couple instances

Kemo is going to be a big upgrade over Faneca as a pass-blocker (that's right, i said it!)
I believe you need to pass more to win in the NFL nowdays, more than before anyhow. Still need to run the ball and solid "D" as well don't get me wrong but I think the Oline may be better suited to the offence this year. Not an experts but it appears from what I have read that we are changing from a power run team to more of a zone blocking type scheme whick may benefit the Oline.
Here's hoping anyhow........
CanadianSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #4
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiller View Post

definitely. his strength is what pretty much defines this guy, so he won't get pushed around like the linemen last season....

Quote:
Kemoeatu back

As I told you would happen yesterday, Chris Kemoeatu returned to practice today when he was activated from the PUP list.

I got a good chance to watch Kemoeatu in the one-on-one drills and you see why the team likes him so much. He's just a big, powerful guy with a nasty streak.

He did about 10 reps in the pass protection drill and dominated eight of them, with only Ryan McBean and Kyle Clement getting the best of him on one rep each. And that's a rusty Kemoeatu.

The only question with him over the years has been his ability to pick up the playbook. It's not that he's not bright, but he does have some language issues that seem to hold him back a little.
and that's after coming back from being in the PUP. just wait till he catches up with everyone

can't wait to see him on friday, my eye will be on him more than anyone else in the agme
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #5
wootawnee
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4530

He is huge...I can't wait to see him truck the big dudes in the middle of the d lines .....He will move them.....Here is how I would try our line....I would put Big WIllie at center....He is shorter and is a vocal dude and I think would be a great one..

Smith LT........ Kemoeatu RG................Colon C.............Simmons RG..........Starksy RT

Also, Tre Essex Did well in the playoff game last year...He was in Cowher's dog house and had some trouble getting out......Cowher did that to alot of guy's.( James Harrison being one of them).For some unknown reason......

Let me tell you this about Max Starks.....He is the best down field Run blocker we got....In Superbowl Xl on WIllie parkers 75 yard jaunt, Faneca made the huge hit pulling...But Starks took out the back side pursuit big time.....He dominates linebackers this way....He is a huge reason Parker had big runs in 05-06 ,more in 06-07,....But dropped in 07-08..When starks was out of the line up.....Look at the tape of most of the long runs Willie ever had to the right and you'lle see Starks gobbling up a linebacker or 2......He knows how to sneak right in there....
Old 08-05-2008, 01:10 PM   #6
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

I think that he'll do A better job thAn faneca. Bc of the fact alan had the contract issues in the back of his mind

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:05 PM   #7
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,179 Times in 1,077 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootawnee View Post

Let me tell you this about Max Starks.....He is the best down field Run blocker we got....In Superbowl Xl on WIllie parkers 75 yard jaunt, Faneca made the huge hit pulling...But Starks took out the back side pursuit big time.....He dominates linebackers this way....He is a huge reason Parker had big runs in 05-06 ,more in 06-07,....But dropped in 07-08..When starks was out of the line up.....Look at the tape of most of the long runs Willie ever had to the right and you'lle see Starks gobbling up a linebacker or 2......He knows how to sneak right in there....
Please take another look at the tape you suggest "Faneca made the huge hit" and Starks took out the back side pursuit big time"

Faneca got a weak side shot on Michael Boulware, a SS that he outweighed by some 60 LBS I guess. Starks also did a good job of getting in the way of Lofa Tatupu, again a guy he outweighed by at least 80lbs.

The major problem with your assertion that Starks is "the best downfield run blocker we got" is that ITS NOT TRUE. Faneca, Simmons, Mahan were the best downfield blockers last season.

You dont want your OT downfield blocking, you want him to handle the DE to get the edge or keep the DE from sacking your QB. The reason it looks as if Starks is getting downfield blocking is because he missed his first block and is just looking for somebody in the wrong colour jersey.

As 10 year NFL veteran O lineman Jamie Dukes says ..." if an O-lineman is running 40 yards downfield in a game, its because he missed his block at the line of scrimmage.....its not a good thing."
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:33 PM   #8
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

I always thought Hines Ward was your best downfield run blocker.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:41 PM   #9
Blitzburgh_Fever
Starter

Member Number: 7228

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
I always thought Hines Ward was your best downfield run blocker.
True that, but Dan Kreider pwns too...oh wait
Blitzburgh_Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 09:50 PM   #10
Hammer Of The GODS
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt View Post
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08218/901922-66.stm

SNIP
Kemoeatu practiced wearing a protective brace on his left triceps and said his arm felt fine after a 90-minute afternoon practice.

"It was good," Kemoeatu said. "I'm glad practice was short [because] I still got to get in some cardio and get in shape. Other than that, I felt good. I felt out of whack from not being out there, but give it a couple days."

No offense dude but ........chill out.

This is an arguement over semantics.

You are taking something this guy said at the end of a day full of sweat and exertion and making a big deal of it.

Maybe I'm missing something..... has it been reported that he showed up out of shape?

Is the season here yet?