Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

View Poll Results: How much falls on Cowher
All of it, he's the head coach 7 26.92%
Some of it, the players werent playing well either 10 38.46%
None of it 2 7.69%
Alittle of both, players didnt play well..Game plan sucked 7 26.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2005, 01:34 AM   #11
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: How much of this falls on Cowher?

Batch would have faired much better..he's more mobile and could have escaped some of that pressure.

I hate to admit it, but ambridge seems to hit the nail on the head. I hate to bash cowher cuz I think he's a great coach and a good fit for us..but damn, its pretty pretty obvious that this was a hope we win the game by just doing enough to not lose. With Tommy at QB though, its hard to do much of anything consistently except to be inconsistent.

If you're gonna play that style, then punt it away on 4th and 1 when u dont have the Bus in there and the game is still close and ur defense is playing well..

I swear, games like this burn me up becuz Bill will always second guess himself on the Tuesday press conference..
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:42 AM   #12
rgleason
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 784

Really was an ugly game to watch. Tommy played bad, but he didnt throw any interceptions (although that int was costly). However, I have a tought time trying to hand out a player of the game ball. Special Teams was giving up field position, O line never got a run game going. D generally played alright, only giving up 13 points (3 being off a fumbel and another on the best catch of the game). I usually hate would've, could've, should'ves, but when we got Ben, we are a different team. So before we are ready to can the season, lets step back

- We got Big Ben coming back, and hopefully at 100 percent. If he gets hurt, we will have Batch.
- We are 7-3, and still in first place in the division. Indy has got home field all the way through locked. Broncos dont look like they are going to fall off either. Lets just worry bout winning the division. best way to that - beat the cats.
- We need to improve in a lot of areas though. But its a long season guys. Lets go out Mon. night and beat Indy w/ Ben at the helm. Indy aint going 16-0, and there is no better team than us to give them a loss.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:10 AM   #13
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

On that 4th and one, that was a beautiful call, and, had we had a QB who could execute, probably would have scored a TD. The defense was caught completely off guard, and there were 2 wide open receivers on that play. Instead of throwing the football, Tommy just stood there, like a deer in the headlights, and took the sack. I was pretty sure at that point that if Tommy couldn't hit wide open receivers he was staring at with time to throw, that we were doomed to lose that game.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:57 AM   #14
SteelersGirlTN7
Starter

Member Number: 71

I said some blame

You can't blame it ALL on Tommy - I mean, yes he played terrible .. HOWEVER, if Cowher would have pulled him, we wouldn't be able to know how he'd play ...

and, with anyone else, we really couldn't really do any worse.
SteelersGirlTN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:25 AM   #15
24seven
Starter

Member Number: 525

All I know is I was about ready to get chest pains.. Games like that can kill a man and therefore Cower should take all the blame for playing through misery and not doin a damn thing about it!
24seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:01 AM   #16
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKoopa
well then nfl gametracker lied to me cause it said we was on the 35, and lookin at it on the play by play right now it says 35 too. so i guess i'll go with what it says here.
Your right, I was looking at the other 4th down attempt. Although from teh 35....Skippy hasn't made on that long yet. Have you guys noticed that anything over 49 this year his kicks are coming off super low? He's had what..2-3 tipped or blocked.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:33 PM   #17
Grey
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 727

Not Cowher's fault IMHO.

I think if he had any other reasonable choice, then he would have taken it. The fact is that he was down to his #3 quarterback, and the guy was playing a better game than in his last start (though still terrible, terrible, terrible). It was one score game and I think it's reasonable to think that Maddox gave us the best chance to win. I mean, if you actually put Randle El in there to take a series of snaps, you are really gambling with the game. The guy trains as a receiver --- he doesn't study defenses, and isn't practicing under center all week. If the game had become a 2 score deficite, I think we would have seen a serious change in strategy,with more Randle El.

Instead, Maddox did it again ...... did just enough to keep it close and provide some hope in him, then underperformed in crunch time. He sucks. But I can't blame the coaches.

Here we go.

Grey
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:40 PM   #18
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

My vote was a little of both.

The play calling sucked...but you know if all you do is run the ball,they're gonna stack em up on the LOS and stop the run.

But also,Tommy sucked,once again.He's less immobile than an damn pinata.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:40 PM   #19
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I think Tommy was afraid! If the defense was within 4 feet of him he panicked! He ducked , fell down, he was terrible!

One drive your bad, or two so what but drive after drive, Cowher knew we wouldnt be able to run, unless Tommy proved to Balt, that he could throw to beat them.

Tommy on fourth and one takes a 8 yard sack, come on you teach seventh graders to throw no matter what. An interception twenty yards downfield is better than an eight yard sack.

Third and sixteen, Tommy panics, keeps the ball and runs for eight, give me a break, who is he Vick?? Throw the football. He had two interceptions called back thanks to defensive penalties. We were lucky to make it to O.T.

Tommy has to go!
Old 11-21-2005, 09:00 PM   #20
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
I think Tommy was afraid! If the defense was within 4 feet of him he panicked! He ducked , fell down, he was terrible!

One drive your bad, or two so what but drive after drive, Cowher knew we wouldnt be able to run, unless Tommy proved to Balt, that he could throw to beat them.

Tommy on fourth and one takes a 8 yard sack, come on you teach seventh graders to throw no matter what. An interception twenty yards downfield is better than an eight yard sack.

Third and sixteen, Tommy panics, keeps the ball and runs for eight, give me a break, who is he Vick?? Throw the football. He had two interceptions called back thanks to defensive penalties. We were lucky to make it to O.T.

Tommy has to go!
He looked like a deer caught in head lights. He just looked and didn't move.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote