Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-08-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding
Default Good Omen from Cleveland.

They've made a "Pittsburgh Sucks" thread. They've done this for years and Pittsburgh continues to stomp them several times over. Call it a vote of confidence, or good karma. And it seems the longest a Pittsburgh sucks thread runs, the worse the beating. BTW, Pittsburgh LEADS the all time series, not tied it. Make sure to inform your misguided buddies of that.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547

That means It's very, VERY likely we'll sweep the turds again this year. Gotta love it, eh, Cleveland?
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #2
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800
Default Re: Good Omen from Cleveland.

lol, that's funny

I understand we having browns suck and bengals suck threads, but at least our team beats them. browns haven't beaten the steelers in years. at least even the bengals won some games

pathetic
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #3
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Oh wow...a Browns thread that has a "Pittsburgh Sucks" thread! In breaking news, Brett Favre is a QB.

Seriously? You make a thread about another thread from another site? Lame bro, seriously lame. What do you expect on a Browns forum? I have no problem with a Browns suck thread on a Steelers forum. I don't go to other's Browns sites discussing what's said in a smack-talk thread on this site.

You've got to be able to do better than this.

The real absurdity here is that you are superstitious enough to believe that the Browns (or Steelers) performance is somehow connected to an event such as the creation of a thread with that particular title.

Does this require the creation on a specific Browns site...or will any old Browns site do? Enquiring minds want to know!

I expect better smack talk from Steelers members here.
xfl2001fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post

I expect better smack talk from Steelers members here.
I guess the overwhelming use of the 2 words "Pittsburgh sucks" in said thread with no back up (since the browns havenít actually beaten Pittsburgh in years) makes for better smack talk?

The continuous use of phrases like "it's 10:45 am and Pittsburgh still sucks" then at 11, 12, 2, so on and so on, is something Steelers fans could not possibly think of, or retort.

Currently there is little need for smack talk on our part, our performance against the browns pretty much speaks for itself.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:11 PM   #5
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Have you seen me talk smack about the Steelers? Go through that entire thread, you'll see that I posted nothing.

Should the Browns win in Week 2, the only thing I'll have to say (outside of actual game commentary) that will resemble smack talk is:

"That's one in a row."

Quote it, pin it, whatever you've got to do. I won't turn into a Browns Troll who will immediately start spouting a "Steelers Suck" mentality. I haven't believed the Steelers were even close to a mediocre team (let alone a shitty one) since Kordell's days as QB.

As I said, I expect better smack talk from Steelers members here. I don't know how many times I've visited that particular site, but I can guarantee you that's the first time I've been over there at all since I joined this site. For that matter, I'm not even sure I'm a member there. I've left other Browns sites when I thought they were just being trolls.

If there truly is little need for smack talk on Steelers part, then why was this thread created?
Old 08-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #6
steelwall
Head Coach

Quote:

If there truly is little need for smack talk on Steelers part, then why was this thread created?
Can't speak for the poster, but seems to be more of a jab at (those) Browns fans in the thread, rather than a jab at the team. However, smack talk is smack talk, I'm not against it.....
Old 08-08-2008, 12:34 PM   #7
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post
Can't speak for the poster, but seems to be more of a jab at (those) Browns fans in the thread, rather than a jab at the team. However, smack talk is smack talk, I'm not against it.....
If this was a site of Trolls, I can see you guys attacking Browns Trolls which (in my limited visit to that site and that thread in particular) is what appears to be over there. I don't deal with Trolls. From any team at any level.

Smack talk is good, but don't stoop to that level. Idiots will beat you with experience every time.

Basing your teams expectations on a Trolls thread is beneath the fans of this site. I don't like your team, but I can respect them. I don't like the fans of your team, but I can respect them. This site has fans worthy of respect, stuping to stoopidity is asinine and I'll pull out the "Stop Stoopid" card fast here! (Yes, that last sentence had three mis-spells on purpose).
Old 08-08-2008, 12:51 PM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,409 Times in 510 Posts

Quote:
This site has fans worthy of respect, stuping to stoopidity is asinine and I'll pull out the "Stop Stoopid" card fast here! (Yes, that last sentence had three mis-spells on purpose).
That was a good one!
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:09 PM   #9
steelwall
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
That was a good one!
yeah I guess we here are above/smart enough to not be lulled into superstitions but not smart enough to figure out intentional misspellings.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:13 PM   #10
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post
yeah I guess we here are above/smart enough to not be lulled into superstitions but not smart enough to figure out intentional misspellings.
I just figured (this being the Blast Furnace and me being a Browns fan) that if I didn't throw out the disclaimer, I'd get blasted hard. Without the dislcaimer, someone says something, I try to defend myself and