Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 11-21-2005, 12:51 PM   #11
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: Has Maddox sealed his fate for next year?

With all the QB troubles teams are having this year, I wouldnt be surprised to see him picked up by another team as a 3rd stringer. But he better not be with the Steelers!
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 12:54 PM   #12
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I don't see him wearing a Pittsburgh Steelers uniform next year. His accuracy isn't very good and he has been making poor decisions. He very well could go play on another team, but not as a starter.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:04 PM   #13
Randle el#82
Water Boy

Member Number: 813
Thumbs down Re: Has Maddox sealed his fate for next year?

why did we let Maddox throw the ball 36 times?we dont do it with ben...i understand that they wanted to stop the run but we only let Parker run the ball 3 times in the 1st half and in the 2nd half we gave him 15 carries? i dont see why we stop doin what we do best and thats running the ball to let Maddox throw the game away for us
Randle el #82
Randle el#82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 01:39 PM   #14
Grey
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randle el#82
why did we let Maddox throw the ball 36 times?we dont do it with ben...i understand that they wanted to stop the run but we only let Parker run the ball 3 times in the 1st half and in the 2nd half we gave him 15 carries? i dont see why we stop doin what we do best and thats running the ball to let Maddox throw the game away for us
It's the curse of playing TommY Maddox. All of the sudden, the whole dynamic of the offense needs to change to accomodate his poor playing style. The defense STACKS UP against the run, forcing us to pass, then they rush straight to the middle of the pocket, because they know he'll be there standing like a scared idiot waiting to take the sack. It's a bad, bad cycle.

Thankfully, you will NEVER see Tommy Maddox on the football field again (please stay healthy Ben, please?) No one, will pick him up, he is a proven loser . . . no heart, no drive, waning skills.

Here we go.
Grey
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 04:18 PM   #15
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

I hope all you Tommy Bum supporters are done now.

That game reminded me so much of 2003. The only thing he ever did was save us from Kordell...
Old 11-21-2005, 05:09 PM   #16
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
Steelers can cut Maddox after this year without taking a major salary cap hit on the signing bonus he received several years ago and no team will pick him up since he can no longer play.

Assuming Ben comes back next week, Batch will heal up after Indy and Tommy Gun has taken his last snap in teh NFL.
Exactly, he has a very friendly cap arrangement which was another benefit to keep him this long..

He was decent if not serviceable after the titans game..but ever since Ben took his job, even coming in, in spot duty has been asking too much.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:11 PM   #17
theclanc
Water Boy

Member Number: 829

YUCK !!!! Even saying Kordell makes me puke.

Let's face it guys. Between Terry and Ben our luck with quarterbacks have benn so/so at best. One of my worst memories is the Superbowl surrounded by a bunch of Dallas fans and watching Neil throw such horrible interceptions you swear he went color blind and couldn't figure out who his teammates were.
theclanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:15 PM   #18
theclanc
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randle el#82

Baltimore can the stop the Steelers running game cold for some reason. To score anything Tommy had to throw. When we played them the first time this year Ben threw alot in that game also.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:16 PM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,188 Posts

If they are playing a 4-4 with an aggressive pass rush, everyone is in single coverage. With a competent passer, you pass because you have lots of wide open shots, like the 30 yard completion to Ward that would have been a TD if the ball had not been so badly underthrown or the 4th and 1 fiasco where 2 receivers were not covered.

With Tommy Gun you get a QB who does not anticipate a rush when it does come and falls down in anticipation of a rush that does not come. Throwing the passes was an arrogant refusal by Cowher and Wiesenhunt to admit Maddox can no longer play - should have run the ball more and hoped Parker might break a few.

Only reasons the game was not a blowout were that the Ravens were offside on Tommy Gun's 3rd Q fumble that was run back to the 1 yard line and that Kyle Boeller is a 25 year old version of Maddox.

At least we know Maddox is gone; imagine being a Ravens fan and watching your team invest a #1 draft choice and several lost seasons on Boeller.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:20 PM   #20
theclanc
Water Boy

Good point there Atlanta Dan. I only got to watch highlights on the game on ESPN. Not much of a game anyway.

WE"LL GET THE COLTS ON MONDAY ANYWAYS!!!