Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-13-2008, 05:52 AM   #1
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037
Default ESPN - 5 questions with Aaron Smith

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/...ron-Smith.html

Quote:
Five questions with ... Aaron Smith
August 11, 2008 4:30 PM Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

Recently we caught up with Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end Aaron Smith to discuss, among other things, his alma mater and what a biceps tear feels like.

1. As a 10-year veteran, how hard is it to make it through a decade in this league?

Aaron Smith: It's hard at first just trying to learn the game. Then once you figure out the game, it's hard to get your body right to play the game. It is difficult. I'd say it takes four years to figure out how to play. That's around the time you realize that you belong in the league.

2. Do you feel age concerns with the defensive line are legit or overrated?

AS: I think it's overrated. Like I tell everybody else, 30 is the new 20, you know (laughs). But we have a lot of depth as opposed to a lot of teams, and it's a lot of mature depth. So we don't have to take 80 snaps a game. We can rotate and bring guys in and out.

3. What is your college, the University of Northern Colorado, best known for?

AS: What is it known for? That's an interesting question. Well, I would probably say it's a good teaching school. It's a small Division II school, and it's not really a whole lot more to say about it, other than it's a good teaching school.

4. Who is your favorite NFL player to watch that's not on your team?

AS: Bryant Young. He was my favorite player. He just retired, but I liked his motor. He played hard and had good technique day in and day out.

5. You tore your biceps last season. Describe what that feels like.

AS: It feels like getting shot with a gun. It's a burning, painful sensation. Every time I tried to use my arm, it felt like someone was digging a knife in my arm. It curled up to here (points to upper arm). I have a picture of it from the game. I tore it in the first quarter and played the rest of the game on it. I have a picture of me running and you can see it's all curled up.
Smith has a pretty good motor and not bad techique as well.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717
Default Re: ESPN - 5 questions with Aaron Smith

That is the thing i love about Smith, he never quits.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,656 Times in 2,888 Posts

nasty! i wanna see that picture of his bicep coiled up like a snake!

nice interview, but its obvious aaron is out of touch and dumb as a box of rocks. dont he listen to the fans and pundints? steelers d-line has no depth whatsoever, and theres no way it should take anybody more than a year to learn the game, let alone 4.

(great insightful answers to 4 and 5)
Old 08-13-2008, 11:35 AM   #4
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Now if only the other A.Smith gets his act together.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
wootawnee
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4530

Hey Tony Hipchest........How long you think it took Bradshaw to figure it out(5Years).......What about Bill Cowher....Longer Than 4 years.......

Ya see in the workin man's world(blue collar), for example an iron worker,you usually are an apprentice for 4 years......There is alot of things going on that you cannot learn right away.....Cause you gotta learn through the experience........And when I say the experience, I mean the actual act of doing it.........This take alot of time cause not only does someone have to show you the way, ...you have to learn the way by doing it with their supervision, and this may happen several times until you are competent to do it yourself........After years of learning all the in's and out's you can go out and work without questioning yourself or anything you do............This my friend is when you become a... "JOURNEYMAN"......

The Pittsburgh Steelers always was and hopefully always be a workingman's team......This is what makes them so tough.......They were tough when they lost all those years.....And the Steelers are still tough now....

If you wanna stand by those comments about being "out of touch" and "dumb as a box of rocks", go be a Cowboys fan......Cause it sounds just like what Hollywood Henderson said back in the 70's about Bradshaw "not being able to spell cat if you spotted him the c and t"......

Now we all know whose nose got bloodied after that........So stop puttin down the workinman.......Cause without us you wouldn't eat.....You wouldn't drive on a paved road.......You wouldn't have all those bridges to cross......You wouldn''t have a house to sleep in........And you wouldn't have the Steelers to watch........
Old 08-13-2008, 04:02 PM   #6
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Smith may not have to line up for every play, but he better be in there for most of them.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #7
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

as long as he destroys his opp. when he is in there i'm fine w/ it..

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:50 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,656 Times in 2,888 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootawnee View Post
Hey Tony Hipchest........How long you think it took Bradshaw to figure it out(5Years).......What about Bill Cowher....Longer Than 4 years.......

Ya see in the workin man's world(blue collar), for example an iron worker,you usually are an apprentice for 4 years......There is alot of things going on that you cannot learn right away.....Cause you gotta learn through the experience........And when I say the experience, I mean the actual act of doing it.........This take alot of time cause not only does someone have to show you the way, ...you have to learn the way by doing it with their supervision, and this may happen several times until you are competent to do it yourself........After years of learning all the in's and out's you can go out and work without questioning yourself or anything you do............This my friend is when you become a... "JOURNEYMAN"......

The Pittsburgh Steelers always was and hopefully always be a workingman's team......This is what makes them so tough.......They were tough when they lost all those years.....And the Steelers are still tough now....

If you wanna stand by those comments about being "out of touch" and "dumb as a box of rocks", go be a Cowboys fan......Cause it sounds just like what Hollywood Henderson said back in the 70's about Bradshaw "not being able to spell cat if you spotted him the c and t"......

Now we all know whose nose got bloodied after that........So stop puttin down the workinman.......Cause without us you wouldn't eat.....You wouldn't drive on a paved road.......You wouldn't have all those bridges to cross......You wouldn''t have a house to sleep in........And you wouldn't have the Steelers to watch........
obvious blatant sarcasm - 1

wootawnee - 0

gotcha!
Old 08-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #9
Hapa
Banned

Member Number: 8230

How does he know what it feels like to get shot by a gun?

They got the wrong Smith. HE's the thug, not anthony
Hapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #10
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa View Post
How does he know what it feels like to get shot by a gun?

They got the wrong Smith. HE's the thug, not anthony
Thats exactly what i was thinking lol