Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-21-2005, 07:25 PM   #1
stand undefeated
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 507
Unhappy Ravens loss really hurts Steelers IMO

We're now 7-3... Thinking past week 13...

What if we can't beat the Colts on Monday night and the Bengals at home the following week???

The Colts would have a 3-4 game advantage on us, easily clinching home field.
Denver would have a 2-3 game advantage on us, shooting for the bye.
Cincy would have a 2 game adavantage on us, also shooting for the bye.
New England could very weel be tied with us or a game up, owning the tie breaker.
Jacksonville as well too could be tied or a game up with owning the tie breaker.
San Diego could be on our heels too, luckly we beat them.

To put it simple, we would be in some SERIOUS SHIT. Even if we beat CHI, CLE, MIN, DET.

Anyone been thinking about this too?

Scary. Yeah, scary.
stand undefeated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 07:41 PM   #2
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545
Default Re: Ravens loss really hurts Steelers IMO

I too have though about the same thing. Lets just hope Ben is back. We need to take it one game at a time. At this point we still control our own destiny. That lose was huge, but there's still 6 more games that every team must play, and you just never know. Where would Indy be without Peyton, or the Patsy's without Tom etc.....
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 07:49 PM   #3
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I think we can win out.With Ben back the offense will once again be effective.Farrior should be back,so that will solidify our defense which hasn't been that horrible without him.

We can win out,and I know we'll beat the Bungles.If they can't beat is in the Queen City of Ohio,I know they can't beat us in The Burgh.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 08:42 PM   #4
Grey
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 727

Quote:
Originally Posted by stand undefeated
We're now 7-3... Thinking past week 13...

What if we can't beat the Colts on Monday night and the Bengals at home the following week???

Anyone been thinking about this too?

Scary. Yeah, scary.
Yeah, I've thought about it.

If we lose to the Colts and then Cinci with Ben back after this loss to the Ravens, then we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. Seriously.

I have a lot of faith, though, that we are about to play our best football here at the end of the season. Ben back, Farrior back, hopefully Marvel back, 4 healthy running backs, and pissed because of the Ravens loss . . .?? . . BRING IT.

Here we go.
Grey
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:32 PM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,422 Times in 3,310 Posts

If the Steelers lose to the Bengals at home they are actually no better than a wildcard team and deserve to lose a wildcard slot to the Chargers or make an early exit in the playoffs.

It comes back to the fact this team is so much better with a healthy Ben - it obviously helps the offense and lets the D know it does not have to be perfect in order for the Steelers to win.

While Colts-Bengals was more entertaining than Steelers-Bengals, the Steelers IMO put more of a whuppin' on the Bengals than the Colts did.

Steelers' fans are depressed today, but the Bengals have been healthy for their 3 tests of the season (Jax on road, Steelers & Colts at home) and have failed all three - hard to be upbeat if you are a Cincy fan.

For what it is worth, Steelers are 2-1 in their 3 major tests (Pats, Chargers, Bengals) with Ben in the game.

Cannot overemphasize how important the Bengals game is in 2 weeks - lose it and there will be no home playoff game.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 09:53 PM   #6
stand undefeated
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 507

Man, i'm gettin sick of this undefeated talk.

NFL Live, they were asking eachother if the Colts would bench their starters week 17 against the Cardinals if they were 15-0. If I were the coach, I'd bench them... that would show class.... plus Dungy would look BAD if Edge, Marv, or Peyton got seriously hurt that game.
stand undefeated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:12 PM   #7
SteelrsRck
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 698

do not get me wrong i LOVE ben as the next steeler fan does and i know he makes a world of difference being in the line up but to concentrate on one player against an undefeated colts team.....our defense is going to have to come out and play like they never have before stopping james and manning is not going to be easy

we know what happens when ben comes back.......pass the ball 20 or so times then run run run its not going to be as easy as what it sounds.....yea we did it last year eagles and patriots but this is a different team,different lines,injured players etc etc

the game film is going to be vital and we need to use what the colts do against other teams aginst them otherwise my friends i think we may be looking at 7-4

SteelrsRck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:35 PM   #8
theclanc
Water Boy

Member Number: 829

I realize evryone is still upset over yesterday's game but evryone snap out of it.
This is a great team and when BIG BEN steps out on the field again, we will all see our Steelers back. The team that WILL go to the superbowl. Don't talk yourselves in a boohoo corner. Stay positive and get ready to beat the Colts!!!!!!
theclanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 10:58 PM   #9
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Nobody said it was gonna be easy...other teams have made it to the big dance by going on the road for a game or two..and we have a better road record than most teams. New england will falter at the end, they just dont have the horses to make a strong playoff run, San Diego is good but inconsistent and we proved we can beat them. We have cincy in our house for a rematch to pull ahead in the AFCN, Denver is tough and so is the colts.. but its doable.. no team is perfect not even the colts. They can be beat and we are just the team to do it.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 11:08 PM   #10
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter

Member Number: 376

After next week they will be talking about how we stopped New England and Philly's unbeaten streak and then the Colt's streak. Now I just don't want it biting us in the ass come playoff time and feeling over confident like every other year and we meet up again and get our asses spanked.