Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-14-2008, 06:47 AM   #1
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037
Default 2009 nfldraftcountdown update

One of the draft sites that I regularly go to has had its first 2009 update. I know its still preseason but some of you cant resist....just like me.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

As with a lot of sites this early on, the mocksters still cant get over Fanecas departure and see that the steelers must find a Faneca clone.

As the season progresses they may well see that Kemo is a more than adequate replacement. This may see a shift away from guard as the first need.

The first mock predictably has a guard, Duke Robinson from Oklahoma, as the steeler pick at #25

Interestingly they have Fili Moala at #30. I have seen him as high as #1 on some early boards.

Will anyone fall as far as Adarius Bowman did this year from this first list?
Old 08-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323
Default Re: 2009 nfldraftcountdown update

I think Duke Robinson is going to be an outstanding player, but right now I'm sticking with the OT Alex Boone.
Aussie, you can bet that someone that we all think will go high will slide deep into the draft. It happens every year.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:01 AM   #3
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Unless something tragic happens to Michael Crabtree this season, there is NO way he drops that far!!

Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:36 PM   #4
Brandon
Water Boy

Member Number: 9009

Alex Boone or Andre Smith would look great on this team. Problem is, I'm worried all the good tackles will be gone by our pick. Take this for examples, a guy like Sam Baker went I believe 21st overall, a complete laugher of a pick, but the Falcons had to make a move or a team would have taken him.

Franchise tackles are a dime a dozen, and if you can get one, you're set at that position for 10-15 years.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #5
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Alex Boone or Andre Smith would look great on this team. Problem is, I'm worried all the good tackles will be gone by our pick. Take this for examples, a guy like Sam Baker went I believe 21st overall, a complete laugher of a pick, but the Falcons had to make a move or a team would have taken him.

Franchise tackles are a dime a dozen, and if you can get one, you're set at that position for 10-15 years.
Smith will be the best or 2nd best OT in the draft if he comes out, and will be gone long before we pick. Boone on the other hand has a good chance of making it to us, but if he doesn't, like I've been saying I think this is a very deep draft for OTs.

Simply, The Chief.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:51 PM   #6
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

The Steelers have to spend 4-5 picks to address the lines on both sides of the ball....Plus we should receive another pick for the loss of Faneca......Possibly another 3rd.....

In the first we have to to look at OT or DE......Plus maybe even a NT......A center has to be drafted on the first day of the draft.....I really like the kid from Arkansas or Unger from Oregon......Coach Tomlin stresses position flexibility and Unger played OT before and is now a center......
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 08:39 PM   #7
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
The Steelers have to spend 4-5 picks to address the lines on both sides of the ball....Plus we should receive another pick for the loss of Faneca......Possibly another 3rd.....

In the first we have to to look at OT or DE......Plus maybe even a NT......A center has to be drafted on the first day of the draft.....I really like the kid from Arkansas or Unger from Oregon......Coach Tomlin stresses position flexibility and Unger played OT before and is now a center......
I think this is going to be a good year to get this done. I already have a DE and NT in mind and intend to watch as much of them as I can. Personally there are several OTs that I like and honestly think we will get a very good one. There are only 2 C that I really care for, but LLT put a bee in head about a third and will be keeping a close eye on him.
I completely agree with you that we probable should draft 4 linemen, 2 D-linemen, and 2 O-linemen.
I also think that we should have 4 picks in the 1st 3 rounds, but I am hoping that they spend 1 on a CB, again I have to on me wish list that I intend to watch this year.

Simply, The Chief.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:33 AM   #8
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts

All the guard nonsense is hilarious. Just like last season everybody was about Albert, Rachal or Scheuing going to the Steelers.....didnt happen then, not gonna happen now with Kemo, Simmons, Mahan, Stapleton, Essex able to play guard.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #9
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
The Steelers have to spend 4-5 picks to address the lines on both sides of the ball

All you guys keep saying the same thing.....we need to draft O-line and D-line.
Its getting pretty repetitive and some of us have a problem with this same old song you keep singing
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 03:25 PM   #10
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
All you guys keep saying the same thing.....we need to draft O-line and D-line.
Its getting pretty repetitive and some of us have a problem with this same old song you keep singing
Then turn down the radio.

Simply, The Chief.