Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 08-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #431
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,315 Times in 477 Posts
Default Re: Steelers vs. Bills Gameday Thread 8/14/08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
But I think we have given Reed plenty of time.
Agreed - Reid needs to go. He tripped over his own feet at least twice tonight. I'll be surprised if he makes the opening day roster.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:33 PM   #432
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

See, I even spelled his name wrong.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:39 PM   #433
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts

on dixons td run-

a designed or busted play? was he fast as hell or was it just that open.? any jukes or a straight line run?

so much for him being put on ir for the year to heal up that knee.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:47 PM   #434
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Leftwich has only practiced with them for 4 days. Dixon has practiced at least a week......
Leftwich is a veteran, Dixon is not. It's important that we have Leftwich as a backup. If Leftwich had touch, he wouldn't be a backup.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:51 PM   #435
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,251 Times in 610 Posts

Man if our starting DL/LBs play like that next week.......Peterson might have over 100 in just two series

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:54 PM   #436
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 3,175 Times in 1,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post

Once again, we lose another game that could've been negated by taking away that punt return TD. Bob Ligashevsky is a moron.
I still havent seen the game yet, so will reserve judgement until then.

I said after the draft that while I like how Ligashesky coaches....his teams have not been successful in the past. He was a ST assistant with the Jags, then ST coach with the Rams (where their ST sucked!!) and his first season with the Steelers wasnt impressive.

He is starting to make former ST coach Jay Hayes look good. I got a bad feeling that the Special Teams will be a weakness again and Ligs will not be around in '09.
El-Gonzo Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:54 PM   #437
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

I find it funny that some people totally over react during pre-season...I'm all for fans being negative at times...Since I can be at times also...But never during pre-season....lol

Really who cares what the out come is....I just care about no injuries...Looks like the Steelers accomplished that....

I agree the defense looked spotty in their tackling....But hey when the bullets fly for real then I'm sure we will see better performance out of this unit....Only concerns is Ryan Clark since he did have a serious condition last year...He looked weak tonight....I'm not knocking since he could have died last year...But I just wonder if he will ever be the same player...He was a good football player.....Plus I'm sure that was vanilla defense out there...

The starting offense looked fine...Except for the penalties...But hey thats what pre-season is for.......Ben was sharp....9/11 for over 140 yards with a TD and tipped INT....Big Ben2Holmes=6 all season.....I'm calling it now Ben throws 40 TD passes this year.....I called 30 last year....lol

Timmons had a solid night.....His strengths are blitzing, coverage and playing in space...He still needs to improve in shedding blocks...If not then he will struggle in run defense...
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #438
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Agreed - Reid needs to go. He tripped over his own feet at least twice tonight. I'll be surprised if he makes the opening day roster.
I'm thirding that.

He's a bust as a returner, and he's a bust as a reciever too. The Steelers will have to go with Baker as the 5th reciever. He's definately shown more in the recieving department.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:08 PM   #439
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
I find it funny that some people totally over react during pre-season...I'm all for fans being negative at times...Since I can be at times also...But never during pre-season....lol

Really who cares what the out come is....I just care about no injuries...Looks like the Steelers accomplished that....

I agree the defense looked spotty in their tackling....But hey when the bullets fly for real then I'm sure we will see better performance out of this unit....Only concerns is Ryan Clark since he did have a serious condition last year...He looked weak tonight....I'm not knocking since he could have died last year...But I just wonder if he will ever be the same player...He was a good football player.....Plus I'm sure that was vanilla defense out there...

The starting offense looked fine...Except for the penalties...But hey thats what pre-season is for.......Ben was sharp....9/11 for over 140 yards with a TD and tipped INT....Big Ben2Holmes=6 all season.....I'm calling it now Ben throws 40 TD passes this year.....I called 30 last year....lol

Timmons had a solid night.....His strengths are blitzing, coverage and playing in space...He still needs to improve in shedding blocks...If not then he will struggle in run defense...
If you remember the tackling went to hell the last few games last year. With what I saw tonight I am a little concerned, not worried, but concerned.
A agree that there were a few bright spots in this game. Timmons, Dixon, and yes I though Baker just to name 3, but Willy Reid was in no way one of them, even if he did catch 2 balls.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:10 PM   #440
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,251 Times in 610 Posts

The Run D is probably the thing Im worried about the most(Never thought Id have to say that about the Steelers)

Since the Jets game of last year...they've looked about the same in that regard....i..e.

It looks like we are playing Fred Taylor every game.....where Our DL/LBs get moving one way and the Backs just cutback for huge yardage.....Thats the hardest thing for me to watch coming from the Steelers....

Its the one thing that teams shouldn't be able to do to us.

Im not pressing the panic button, but I'll definitely be looking at it if AD embarrasses next week...and he will if they give him those cutback lanes

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote