Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 08-16-2008, 09:41 AM   #11
steelersfanman92
Starter

Member Number: 3372
Default Re: High School Football reports.

I had a scrimmigae last night, I play for Camel H.S. in Indiana we are ranked #22 in the nation, defending state champs and are going to be playing live on espn saturday the 23!
steelersfanman92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #12
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Member Number: 6220

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfanman92 View Post
I had a scrimmigae last night, I play for Camel H.S. in Indiana we are ranked #22 in the nation, defending state champs and are going to be playing live on espn saturday the 23!
AWESOME! Make sure when the time gets closer you post a reminder to watch the game!
Old 08-16-2008, 12:31 PM   #13
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Default Re: Shamokin Area Indians Football 2008!

Sat 08/16/08 Scrimmage - Susquehanna Township

Didnt know it, but this one became a Tri-Scrimmage, with Susquehanna Twp. and Cenral Mountain.

Impressions

Overall, the Indians looked a lot better than a lot of us were expecting! Again, a pre-season scrimmage is a tough predictor of success in the regular season.

Offense: Each of the first posessions against each defense was and overall success. The ground game ripped off 4 - 5 yards a carry, highlighted by a 25 yard run by future Big 33 and DI prospect, junior Brent Forbes. The halfback position is up in the air right now. Junior Tyler DiRenzo, who has been slightly ill since last season sat out today. He would truly be the lightning from the backfiled this season and is figuring to be ready to go! Lets hope! Sophomore Jared Montgomery played admirably today as starting tailback. A few decent runs, I think with some more time in this offense he could really blossom.

The passing game was very solid with new starting Quarteback Eric Taylor (replacing a 4-year starter) completing the better part of the passes he threw; mostly short, but 3 or 4 nice looks downfield. On the opening posession he threw a TD pass and on the second posession had a tipped pass intercepted on the goal line.

Defense: No team will run on this Shamokin line. Each offense opened with first downs on runs on first and second down. After the feeling out was done, the runs were stuffed. Impressive especially vs. Townships high speed option attack. Forbes and Josh Krah played well from the DE spots, Krah was especially a surprise... he seemed in on every play with 3 tackles for losses and a sack.

Not too analytical... these scrimmages become a big community BS session to follow too closely... its a nice atmosphere. Beautiful day to cheer on the boys and see some friends and shoot the crap! Overall, they looked a lot better than I thought they would be.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #14
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Shamokin Area Indians Football 2008!

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwalldavey View Post
Anything to pass on that can share about them? I know its a scrimmage, but the coaches need practice too!

Shame I hafta miss that one... I have plans and although I'd normally break them, thats about a 1.5, 2 hour haul for me.
They've got a few guys who are scrappers and also they can be balanced. However it may end up changing. They changed coaches last year. I don't know if he wants to toy things around a bit. Very easily they could be in title contention with us this year.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #15
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Default Hollidaysburg Golden Tigers Football

Since I know some people would like to know how we are doing, I guess I'll update through this thread. I also play for them

Hollidaysburg Golden Tigers
Conference:Mountain Athletic Football Conference-Seven Mountains Division
Class:AAA
Last Year: 9-3 and Lost in the District 6 AAA Final 7-0 against Indian Valley

2008 Season Schedule(All Games start at 7:00 unless otherwise noted)
August 16th Altoona (Scrimmage Completed) 10:00 am
August 22nd @ Huntingdon (Scrimmage) 6:00 pm
August 29th State College
September 5th South Western
September 12th H.D. Woodson(DC)
September 19th @ Bellefonte
September 26th Indian Valley
October 3rd @ Central Mountain
October 10th @ Woodrow Wilson(DC)
October 17th Cedar Cliff
October 24th Williamsport
October 31st @ DuBois

Recap of our Scrimmage vs. Altoona:
Offense: We did pretty well. There were occasions that the Line could have done better, but again it's a good thing we still have time left to go before game 1. Our skill guys had a great day. Overall though, we still have work left

Defense: Pretty Solid. We still need to be stronger with breaking through holes. Line did what they should have done and so did our skill guys. Our Rookies also tried to make a good name for themselves today as well.

I still have to get a better look at the film though.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:46 PM   #16
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Default Re: Hollidaysburg Golden Tigers Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
October 3rd @ Central Mountain
This was part of our tri-scrimmage today. Never saw them before... are they a decent team?

Nice to hear that your scrimmage went well! Break down that film!
Old 08-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #17
steelersfanman92
Starter

Quote:
AWESOME! Make sure when the time gets closer you post a reminder to watch the game!
Ok will do
Old 08-16-2008, 11:43 PM   #18
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Quote:
This was part of our tri-scrimmage today. Never saw them before... are they a decent team?

Nice to hear that your scrimmage went well! Break down that film!
They like to play dirty. Occasionally you'll see them take a lot of cheap shots, etc. They haven't had a really good team since they started playing us, took a break, and played us again. Since 2000 when we started playing them we have had 4-2 record against them and won last year 31-10. However, during the 2007 season they just missed making the District Playoffs by a few points. They'll have a better shot making the post-season with all of the changes happening in the PIAA Playoffs this season.

Old 08-17-2008, 10:56 AM   #19
millwalldavey
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
They like to play dirty. Occasionally you'll see them take a lot of cheap shots, etc. They haven't had a really good team since they started playing us, took a break, and played us again. Since 2000 when we started playing them we have had 4-2 record against them and won last year 31-10. However, during the 2007 season they just missed making the District Playoffs by a few points. They'll have a better shot making the post-season with all of the changes happening in the PIAA Playoffs this season.
Thanx! I had never even heard of them. Some have told me they have a decent basketball team. I couldn't beleive the amount of players on that team. It looked like abouit 70 - 80. We actually have 50 this year and thats a good number for us... down from the 90's when we would have 65 or so.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:07 AM   #20
steelersfanman92
Starter

Quote:
Thanx! I had never even heard of them. Some have told me they have a decent basketball team. I couldn't beleive the amount of players on that team. It looked like abouit 70 - 80. We actually have 50 this year and thats a good number for us... down from the 90's when we would have 65 or so.
Wow, my team has 120+ players and that isnt much more than many of the schools we play