Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-03-2008, 08:34 AM   #1
justinofdoom
Water Boy

Member Number: 9125
Default Good Luck this week Steelers

Hello. I was just stopping by to wish you guys the best of luck this week. I am probably the biggest Houston fan in Ohio (there aren't many). I could probably rival most Houston fans in Houston. Anyways, I am heading to the game with my Aunt and Uncle who are Steelers season ticket holders. They make the drive from southern Ohio every home game. I am very excited to see our two teams in action. I have no smack talk. I root for the Steelers unless they are playing with the Texans. I just wanted to wish you good luck and for a close, injury free game.

If anyone has any questions I would honestly answer them. I always like to chat before the big game :D

Justin
justinofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default Re: Good Luck this week Steelers

good luck and welcome.

so whats the texans plan for moving the ball on the ground this weekend? why havent they gone after s. alexander or somebody for insurance?

i didnt realize it but dayne averaged more than 4ypc last season. kinda suprised hes a FA.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:57 AM   #3
justinofdoom
Water Boy

You have to realize that when Dayne falls forward, he gains an extra two yards because of his size lol. But seriously, Kubiak is "happy" with Chris Taylor and Steve Slaton. Ahman Green is "healthy" and will "start" but I am guessing he will be injured by pregame warmups. I look for Ahman to get about 70% of the carries in the first half depending if it is a close game or not. In the second half, if the game is still close look for Chris Taylor to get a lot of carries and Slaton to play on third down.

I am looking forward to seeing Slaton catch a screen pass or two.

The first two preseason games the running game looked bad until Slaton came in. His speed helps him hit the holes a lot better. The Dallas game is where I thought the running game was coming together a lot better. I know it takes time for Alex Gibbs to get his guys in position to run his system well, so I wouldn't worry about the running game too much.

A few Steeler bloggers seem to think that the Texans have a weak offense and good defense. I think the Texans have a better chance of winning the game with their offense. They move the ball really well and Matt doesn't make too many mistakes. Our #2 Kevin Walter (you probably remember him from the Cincy Pitt playoff game when he played for Cincy) has really stepped up and I expect him to catch a good amount of balls. We have a good athletic tight end that helps out a lot on first down, and of course you all know about Andre Johnson.

I do expect the Big Ben to have a good game if we cannot get pressure. Mario can't do it all by himself. Also, look for Santonio Holmes to be covered by the below average Jacques Reeves. Could be a career day for Santonio.

The upcoming tough texans defense you hear about is nothing but a fluke, at the moment. We really need Dunta Robinson back for our secondary to play well. And no matter how good Demeco Ryans is, I expect Willie Parker to have a big day.

I love my team, but I am a realist and this is how I see the game playing out.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:02 AM   #4
justinofdoom
Water Boy

I would say it could be a high scoring game, but I have too much respect for the Steelers defense.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:02 AM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

hows jacoby jones doing? i havent heard nothing of him other than a dui or something in the offseason. he still scrapping for that #3 position?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:08 AM   #6
justinofdoom
Water Boy

Lol. Jacoby got a DUI? I never heard about that!

I think Kubiak had a lot of high hopes for Jacoby. Jacoby fumbled I think three times in preseason and didn't catch a number of important passes. He seems to be handling the punt returns still. So the Steelers can expect a turnover off of that too.

I don't think he has a chance at the #3 spot until he gets it together. Andre Davis of all people is our number three and he actually looks.....dare I say......good. He made a lot of big plays for us last year.

I almost expect Jacoby to be demoted to our #5 receiver if scrappy young David Anderson keeps playing like he has.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #7
BurghZ0n3
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7054

...not many Texan fans in Ohio? Well, I used to live in Plano - Dallas, TX and I couldn't believe there're so many Steelers fans down there... been routing for B&G since I was in Iowa (no team over there!). Good luck with your team too this weekend...
Old 09-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #8
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Thanks! Nice to get a little info from the other camp. Good luck this weekend, too!
Old 09-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #9
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinofdoom View Post

I do expect the Big Ben to have a good game if we cannot get pressure. Mario can't do it all by himself. Also, look for Santonio Holmes to be covered by the below average Jacques Reeves. Could be a career day for Santonio to have a big day.
Is that the Reeves from the Cowboys? I lived in Texas last year, so I unfortunately had to watch a lot of their games, and Reeves got burned twice a game on average. The Giants pwned him several times, and even the Bills got some off of him. I can imagine Santonio beating the crap out of him. Maybe Santo will put up 2 TD's this week!
Old 09-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #10
warddj86
Starter

Member Number: 4235

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghZ0n3 View Post
...not many Texan fans in Ohio? Well, I used to live in Plano - Dallas, TX and I couldn't believe there're so many Steelers fans down there... been routing for B&G since I was in Iowa (no team over there!). Good luck with your team too this weekend...
there's a lot of steeler fans everywhere, i live near cleveland and its about 50% Percent Steelers 50% Browns fans where I live.
warddj86 is offline   Reply With Quote