Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 09-04-2008, 09:34 AM   #21
justinofdoom
Water Boy

Member Number: 9125
Default Re: Good Luck this week Steelers

Thanks to everyone for the positive responses.

I am very excited to make my second trip to Heinz Field. I think their season tickets are in the 14th row, 40 yard line, so it should be a great experience.

I probably won't be wearing any Texans garb though. I have learned my lesson many times going to games in Indy.
justinofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #22
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Props to the classy Texans fan.

I wish your team luck as well, after this week of course. What really impressed me about the Texans is their continued success over the Jacksonville Jaguars since their expansion year. 7-5 all time. Not bad.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:24 PM   #23
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinofdoom View Post
Thanks to everyone for the positive responses.

I am very excited to make my second trip to Heinz Field. I think their season tickets are in the 14th row, 40 yard line, so it should be a great experience.

I probably won't be wearing any Texans garb though. I have learned my lesson many times going to games in Indy.
Hello and welcome to the board Justin... always good to have a considerate opponents fan come in and carry on a good conversation without being rude ya know. I really think that the Texans are gonna have a great passing day against our defense if they dont get alot more pressure on your QB than we did late last year and throughout our preseason. Schaub has proven when healthy to be very accurate and a pretty good leader.
Good luck to ya and may God Bless You and Yours
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:08 AM   #24
Havik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8843

Texans fan in Ohio? That's an oddity. Well at least your a fan of a team with some hope of eventually making the playoffs, unlike the 2 in-state teams who both suck. I don't blame you for being a fan of an out of state team given we live in the worst pro football state in the nation. Have fun at the game.
Havik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:00 AM   #25
justinofdoom
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havik View Post
Texans fan in Ohio? That's an oddity. Well at least your a fan of a team with some hope of eventually making the playoffs, unlike the 2 in-state teams who both suck. I don't blame you for being a fan of an out of state team given we live in the worst pro football state in the nation. Have fun at the game.
Ahhhh I love this post. People always ask me why I like the Texans and instead of explaining I simply tell them it is because there are no real pro teams in Ohio. None worth any respect anyways. I probably hate the Bengals/Browns just as much as you Steelers fans simply because I have to deal with their fans. Or I should say "fans".
Old 09-05-2008, 08:03 AM   #26
justinofdoom
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
Hello and welcome to the board Justin... always good to have a considerate opponents fan come in and carry on a good conversation without being rude ya know. I really think that the Texans are gonna have a great passing day against our defense if they dont get alot more pressure on your QB than we did late last year and throughout our preseason. Schaub has proven when healthy to be very accurate and a pretty good leader.
Good luck to ya and may God Bless You and Yours
A lot of "experts" have Schaub having a very bad day against the Steelers. The pass protection has looked good in preseason, even against Dallas who blitzed like crazy IN PRESEASON! But, that is preseason and this game counts. I see Schaub having a decent day, but The Texans struggle in the red zone, and without a strong run game field goals just won't win this one. The only problem with Schaub is he takes too many hits. He has an excellent release and gets the ball out fast, but a lot of the time he was that extra half second and releases right before he gets hit.

Thanks for the classy response and I wish you the best this season.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:38 PM   #27
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
People always ask me why I like the Texans and instead of explaining I simply tell them it is because there are no real pro teams in Ohio. None worth any respect anyways. I probably hate the Bengals/Browns just as much as you Steelers fans simply because I have to deal with their fans. Or I should say "fans".

lol, I like you already

good luck to the texans too, hopefully they make they playoffs. they should easily finish above the titans if they stay healthy

just remember, don't feel bad if they lose against the steelers, you're at the presence of greatness
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:05 PM   #28
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Justin...

welcome.

Thanks for the good post.

Stay around, this is a good site.

I am looking forward to Sunday. Hope to see you around afterwards, either way the game goes.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:11 PM   #29
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

Oh man, we gotta win now. Mike Silver just pronounced that the Texans would ride a big day from Andre Johnson to an upset of the Steelers.

Doesn't that mean Schaub has to have a good day too?

----

If I didn't welcome you to the forums before, welcome to the forums Justin!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:31 AM   #30
9-5
Banned

Member Number: 8674

Quote:
I simply tell them it is because there are no real pro teams in Ohio. None worth any respect anyways.
The Browns are real enough to beat your Texans. Have fun coming to the Pound and losing this year, its what you guys do, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havik View Post
Well at least your a fan of a team with some hope of eventually making the playoffs, unlike the 2 in-state teams who both suck. I don't blame you for being a fan of an out of state team given we live in the worst pro football state in the nation.
A tiebreaker kept us out of the playoffs last year, dude. The Bungles, yeah, but its the Bungles. What do you expect? And how exactly can the Texans get to the playoffs in a division with Indy, Jacksonville, and Tennessee?

We aren't the worst pro football state in the nation. How many states don't have a pro team, let alone 2?
9-5 is offline   Reply With Quote