Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-06-2008, 08:52 AM   #11
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618
Default Re: No wonder Palin has such a high approval rating.......

i admit.......that right now......i know nothing about her....(just began student teaching, havent had time to learn much about her)...I apologize for being ignorant for the moment.....
However:
I really believe though that many people support a party not the person.....and i think thats wrong...... if Palin was on the democratic ticket then you would be able to list several things that you dont like and would have a difficult time finding something you do like.......(not attacking you.......so i will say most people)
however........with your knowledge about Palin it is suprising that there was not one issue that you disagreed with....... She must be the perfect VP for the Reps?
Old 09-06-2008, 08:55 AM   #12
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
i admit.......that right now......i know nothing about her....(student teaching, havent had time to learn much about her).

I really believe though that many people support a party not the person.....and i think thats wrong...... if Palin was on the democratic ticket then you would be able to list several things that you dont like and would have a difficult time finding something you do like.......(not attacking you.......so i will say most people)
however........with your knowledge about Palin it is suprising that there was not one issue that you disagreed with....... She must be the perfect VP for the Reps?
I don't strongly support either party. I am simply very conservative. Her beliefs and actions are closely aligned with mine. That's all.

btw, good luck with your student teaching.

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:27 AM   #13
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
Sure.

I love the fact that they did not choose to abort their fifth child. ABORTION

I love the fact she did not take the Govt bridge to nowhere money - Anti Pork Barrel

She doesn't like her daughter getting pregnant, but she still unconditionally loves and supports her - love the sinner, hate the sin.

She went after corruption in her own party - non-partisan, do the right thing

She cut real estate taxes - pro economy

She believes in lower taxes for the middle class - pro working class

She believes in the government being accountable and living within its means, as its citizens are forced to.

She has strong convictions and doesn't test the political wind before every statement.

These are just a few....

Can't think of anything off hand I don't like. Can you think of anything BBFW?
Excellent.

Now find someone on the street that can actually tell you why they like Obama besides the fact that he's not George Bush. Ask them to tell you what he has done for his constituents and what legislation he has had passed. Most of them can only quote bumper stickers. Because that's all he has and that's all most of them know.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:50 AM   #14
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
I don't strongly support either party. I am simply very conservative. Her beliefs and actions are closely aligned with mine. That's all.

btw, good luck with your student teaching.
That was a class exchange on both sides . Nice going.

GB Mel There is something good happening here. Here we go Mcaine / Palin here we go".

I hope you live in PA. as you can enlighten people and help bring in those electoral votes from people other than those who cling to their religion and guns.

I am sorry I probably should not have said that but I live pretty close to Marin County
in Sacramento and I should be able to get away such a statement.
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 09:54 AM   #15
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
i admit.......that right now......i know nothing about her....(just began student teaching, havent had time to learn much about her)...I apologize for being ignorant for the moment.....
However:
I totally agree with you on that...

Here's a case in point, Palin was FOR the "bridge to nowhere" before she was against it. Actually saying she was insulted by the term "bridge to nowhere" when she was running for govenor in 2006.
http://www.reuters.com/article/polit...25537020080901

Asked why she supported the bridge, Palin's communications director Bill McAlister said, "It was never at the top of her priority list, and in fact the project isn't necessarily dead there's still the potential for improved ferry service or even a bridge of a less costly design."

She changed her mind, he said, when "she saw that Alaska was being perceived as taking from the country and not giving, and that impression bothered her and she wants to change it. I think that Sarah Palin is someone who has the courage to reevaluate situations as they developed."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...n-bridge_N.htm

It wasn't one of her top priorities, but it made it in her nationally televised speech? She's no different than the rest of these politicians.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #16
stillers4me
Living Legend

Quote:
I think that Sarah Palin is someone who has the courage to reevaluate situations as they developed."
I think that is just one of the things that DOES make her different. Obama says now that the surge worked, but he still can't admit that he was wrong. Palin, by vetoing the bill, admitted that she was wrong in her intial assessment and did the right thing for Alaska and Americans. Obama has basically done the equivalent of voteing "present" on the surge after the fact.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
Old 09-06-2008, 10:09 AM   #17
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
I think that is just one of the things that DOES make her different. Obama says now that the surge worked, but he still can't admit that he was wrong. Palin, by vetoing the bill, admitted that she was wrong in her intial assessment and did the right thing for Alaska and the Americans. Obama has basically done the equivalent of voteing "present" on the surge after the fact.

This is why I avoid these threads...

Yep, shift it to the other guy.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:15 AM   #18
stillers4me
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg View Post

This is why I avoid these threads...

Yep, shift it to the other guy.
It wasn't shifted. I said Palin is to be commended on her decision and I support her decision to say " I was wrong and I will do what is in the best interest of the people I serve."

I was making a comparison to another candidate.......which is what you are supposed to do when when choosing who you vote for.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #19
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,624 Times in 813 Posts

Quote:
I really believe though that many people support a party not the person
Yeah, my coworker is very active in politics and sometimes working on campaigns of who he supports. He told me that studies have shown the heirarchy of allegiance for the majority of voters is 1.Party, 2.Leader, 3. local candidate.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #20
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg View Post
I totally agree with you on that...

Here's a case in point, Palin was FOR the "bridge to nowhere" before she was against it. Actually saying she was insulted by the term "bridge to nowhere" when she was running for govenor in 2006.
http://www.reuters.com/article/polit...25537020080901

Asked why she supported the bridge, Palin's communications director Bill McAlister said, "It was never at the top of her priority list, and in fact the project isn't necessarily dead there's still the potential for improved ferry service or even a bridge of a less costly design."

She changed her mind, he said, when "she saw that Alaska was being perceived as taking from the country and not giving, and that impression bothered her and she wants to change it. I think that Sarah Palin is someone who has the courage to reevaluate situations as they developed."
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...n-bridge_N.htm

It wasn't one of her top priorities, but it made it in her nationally televised speech? She's no different than the rest of these politicians.
I really dont get it....after looking at all the facts she decided that her initial assesment wasnt financially responsible and made the right choice.

If Obama and Biden had that kind of record...I could be persuaded that they have my best interests in mind.

Just more of the "same old" that drives the democratic party crazy this year...No matter what they try and come up with, turns into a mirror that shows them their own dirty faces.

Experience?...Obama has less that his own VP..and both the Rebulican Forerunner and his VP

Change? Both McCain & Palin have shown the ability and the history of going against the party line...and working with Dems. Obama #1 in liberal voting & Biden is exactly the "inside the beltway old school" polititcian that Obama keeps saying we dont need.

Ethics? McCain has the least amount of Pork barrel spending of anyone in congress & Palin refuses taxpayer funds to build a bridge ...First term Senator OBama comes in as #2 overall in pork barrel spending and is a product of the corrupt Chicago Democratic Machine...refusing to vote in the state senate for any bill that might hurt his chances in politics, thereby cowardly voting "present 128 times.

The proof is in the facts, but why let that get in the way of a good "spin"
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote