Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-06-2008, 10:39 AM   #21
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228
Default Re: No wonder Palin has such a high approval rating.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
It wasn't shifted. I said Palin is to be commended on her decision and I support her decision to say " I was wrong and I will do what is in the best interest of the people I serve."

I was making a comparison to another candidate.......which is what you are supposed to do when when choosing who you vote for.
Here's what THE PEOPLE she serves have to say..... "People are learning that she pandered to us by saying, I'm for this' ... and then when she found it was politically advantageous for her nationally, abruptly she starts using the very term that she said was insulting."

How is what she did any different then what any other politican does? She appeased a popular idea, and when it shifted, she dropped it like a hot potato. Somehow I guess she does it better?
Old 09-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #22
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
I really dont get it....after looking at all the facts she decided that her initial assesment wasnt financially responsible and made the right choice.

The proof is in the facts, but why let that get in the way of a good "spin"
Is that why the 200 million that was earmarked for the project never was returned?
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/22/alaska.bridge.ap/

for me, this isn't about DEM/REPUB spin... i'm just sick of reading how she's different than all the other politicians...
Old 09-06-2008, 10:57 AM   #23
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg View Post
Here's what THE PEOPLE she serves have to say..... "People are learning that she pandered to us by saying, I'm for this' ... and then when she found it was politically advantageous for her nationally, abruptly she starts using the very term that she said was insulting."

How is what she did any different then what any other politican does? She appeased a popular idea, and when it shifted, she dropped it like a hot potato. Somehow I guess she does it better?
Wow..for someone who is accusing others of a "shift"....

...that seems to be a pretty significant "shift" in facts.

Palin enjoyed the highest approval rating of any governer in the Unites States....With rates that got as high as 93%...and are still to this day in the mid 80% range

So....the question to you would be...is that REALLY what the "People" she serves have to say?....are would the facts dictate that this is what one of the very small (very possibly democratic?) MINORITY had to say.

Let me answer that for you....Based on REAL numbers...you picked a quote from the minority.

nuff said
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:07 AM   #24
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Is that why the 200 million that was earmarked for the project never was returned?

for me, this isn't about DEM/REPUB spin... i'm just sick of reading how she's different than all the other politicians...
Probably needed to read your own link...

Quote:
On Friday, Leo von Scheben, commissioner of the state Department of Transportation, said the bridge money could be used to build roads in Alaska.

"There is no question we desperately need to construct new roads in this state, including in southeast Alaska, where skyrocketing costs for the Alaska Marine Highway System present an impediment to the state's budget and the region's economy," von Scheben said in a statement.
Taking money from an irresponsible project and putting it towards much needed projects seems financially responsible....

As a resident of Illinois..I can say that I wish our Governer made such wise decisions...and wish that Obama's record while a State senator reflected that type of wisdom.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #25
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,631 Posts

Quote:

funny how the right keeps patting her on the back for shooting down and earmark that congress was already shooting down, and how the left is accused of not researching her accomplishments".

they dont wannt atalk about the $200,000,000 she stole, i mean put in alaskas, pockets, i mean kept, i mean used for a better project.

yep. shes a maverick alright. a modern day robin hood. steal from the poor and give to the rich. but her keeping that money is ok as long as she does good with it, right LLT?

sorry, but that type of deceit in washington is exactly what we need to change. alaska already asks for more federal govt money than any other state per capita. all roads in all states need work. but i guess serving the 600,000 people there is more important than the 299,400,000 other people in the rest of the union.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:56 PM   #26
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
funny how the right keeps patting her on the back for shooting down and earmark that congress was already shooting down, and how the left is accused of not researching her accomplishments".

they dont wannt atalk about the $200,000,000 she stole, i mean put in alaskas, pockets, i mean kept, i mean used for a better project.

yep. shes a maverick alright. a modern day robin hood. steal from the poor and give to the rich. but her keeping that money is ok as long as she does good with it, right LLT?

sorry, but that type of deceit in washington is exactly what we need to change. alaska already asks for more federal govt money than any other state per capita. all roads in all states need work. but i guess serving the 600,000 people there is more important than the 299,400,000 other people in the rest of the union.
Might want to read the whole article there Tony.

Quote:
Under mounting political pressure over pork projects, Congress stripped the earmark -- or stipulation -- that the money be used for the airport, but still sent the money to the state for any use it deemed appropriate.
Since you made the remark that she "STOLE" the money...please explain your facts to back it up.

..and as usual we should all cover our eyes and ears and pretend being the #2 Pork Barrell abuser in the whole congress isnt stealing from the poor and giving to the rich.

With that type of hypocricy...I think we better pinch our noses also...

Obama would be such a better candidate if we didnt all tripped up with those silly....facts.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:14 PM   #27
tony hipchest

Quote:
Might want to read the whole article there Tony.

Since you made the remark that she "STOLE" the money...please explain your facts to back it up.

..and as usual we should all cover our eyes and ears and pretend being the #2 Pork Barrell abuser in the whole congress isnt stealing from the poor and giving to the rich.

With that type of hypocricy...I think we better pinch our noses also...

Obama would be such a better candidate if we didnt all tripped up with those silly....facts.
i meant using it for a "better project". or did that not come across in my post.

i read this/these articles before they were brought to this board, just like i read the articles of her "bringing big oil to its knees, and it being God's will to build a $200,000,000 natural gas pipeline, and her affiliation with the AIP.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:21 PM   #28
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
i meant using it for a "better project". or did that not come across in my post.

i read this/these articles before they were brought to this board, just like i read the articles of her "bringing big oil to its knees, and it being God's will to build a $200,000,000 natural gas pipeline, and her affiliation with the AIP.
I wont go so far as to say its "Gods will" to most things political...but on a personal note I do think it interesting how Palin's decision to have a downs syndrome child...and her daughters choice to have a baby at a young age...has put a face on the abortion issue.

One of my co-workers (Obama supporter) told a group of us..."I'm not touching the abortion issue this year...with her baby on the stage beside her, I'm not ABOUT to be the one accused of saying that baby should have been aborted"

That made me think how interesting it is that the whole abortion issue has taken a back seat and I asked myself if his mindset might be typical of a national thought process??? I dont know...but its interesting.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:45 PM   #29
tony hipchest

Quote:
I wont go so far as to say its "Gods will" to most things political...but on a personal note I do think it interesting how Palin's decision to have a downs syndrome child...and her daughters choice to have a baby at a young age...has put a face on the abortion issue.

One of my co-workers (Obama supporter) told a group of us..."I'm not touching the abortion issue this year...with her baby on the stage beside her, I'm not ABOUT to be the one accused of saying that baby should have been aborted"

That made me think how interesting it is that the whole abortion issue has taken a back seat and I asked myself if his mindset might be typical of a national thought process??? I dont know...but its interesting.
i am so sick of hearing about palins retarded child. well not really that, but her being given sainthood like she is mother teresa or something.

she is NOT the first person to ever carry a down syndrome child to term and it insinuates that ALL democrats would abort.

there are plenty of Down syndrome and handicapped babies born to democratic families. it knows no social class or party affiliation. (although poor families are more prone to have unhealthy children).

for the right to keep on acting like they have a monopoly on carrying these children to term is downright disgusting and sleazy. i feel for palins poor child being used as a political pawn. and i know, understand, and respect that those against abortion feel that it, in itself, is disgusting and sleazy. but so is rape and incest.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #30
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
i am so sick of hearing about palins retarded child. well not really that, but her being given sainthood like she is mother teresa or something.
C'mon tony...that was over the line....

Hey ....We have all been complaining about the sleazy press...good to hear that you are feeling our pain...unless you are somehow insinuating that its Palin that has made statements about her child for political purpose..and in that case would ask for the link.

Quote:
she is NOT the first person to ever carry a down syndrome child to term and it insinuates that ALL democrats would abort.
How so...why is the Republican base having an opinion about ker keeping the child an indictment against anyone..Democrat or Republican? Republicans are traditionally anti-abortion...why does that surprise you?

Quote:
i feel for palins poor child being used as a political pawn.
so much so as to call him retarted?

let me make sure I understand...Obama not only putting his kids on the stage but also putting his kids on 60 minutes is okay...but Palin having her baby on stage is political pandering...interesting take.

Quote:
and i know, understand, and respect that those against abortion feel that it, in itself, is disgusting and sleazy. but so is rape and incest
agreed...rape and incest are disgusting...but alot of conservatives, like me, dont think that its a baby that should be killed for it.