Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-30-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
HereWeGoSteelers219
Starter

Member Number: 9324
Default Despite injuries, we'll be fine.

The Mendenhall loss will only be costly for one week against Jacksonville, and if Willie gets hurt again. We're 3-1 without him anyway.

Kendall Simmons was probably our worst offensive lineman. The offense was much better after he left too.

After the Bye Week, Willie, Carey Davis, and Casey will be back, and Keisel will be back a few weeks after.

People need to chill about these injuries, including the media. They're already counting the Steelers out. And will someone tell ESPN that we beat Baltimore without 2/3 of our defensive line, one of which is a pro bowler? Not to mention an All-Pro running back missing. Oh yeah, we were playing with desperation backs in the 2nd half.

If we find a way to go down there and beat Jacksonville, we're 4-1 going into the bye, which is coming at a PERFECT time.
HereWeGoSteelers219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
Hapa
Banned

Member Number: 8230
Default Re: Despite injuries, we'll be fine.

ESPN can lick my nuts.
Hapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
HereWeGoSteelers219
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa View Post
ESPN can lick my nuts.
I agree. Can someone please tell Jaworski and all of the other Flacco worshipers that he is ranked 27th in the league with a 65.9 Passer Rating? Thats freaking TERRIBLE. Oh yeah, 30th in the league in yards, and 27th in completion percentage. Not to mention that impressive 2:1 INTERCEPTION to TOUCHDOWN Ratio!

Old 09-30-2008, 05:01 PM   #4
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGoSteelers219 View Post
I agree. Can someone please tell Jaworski and all of the other Flacco worshipers that he is ranked 27th in the league with a 65.9 Passer Rating? Thats freaking TERRIBLE. Oh yeah, 30th in the league in yards, and 27th in completion percentage. Not to mention that impressive 2:1 INTERCEPTION to TOUCHDOWN Ratio!

They are infatuated with a strong arm. Remember how much love Palmer used to get before he went from unproved to down right shittty. I am sure they love Tavaris and Jemarcus as well. I do think Flacco will be somewhat better than the two I just mentioned, but the Ravens will find a way to ruin him.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
iloveben7
Team Captain

Member Number: 3165

Exactly. Moore looked great last night and so did Stapleton and our defensive line was outstanding.

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
iloveben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:23 PM   #6
Potsie
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 9600

I know that we have signed Davenport again, but I really like what I saw from Moore last night. I am hoping that he gets the nod at Jacksonville.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:25 PM   #7
HereWeGoSteelers219
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potsie View Post
I know that we have signed Davenport again, but I really like what I saw from Moore last night. I am hoping that he gets the nod at Jacksonville.

I agree. Mewelde brings a great reciever out of the backfield, and we should try a lot of screens to him.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:34 PM   #8
hizmi
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8485

I'm not sure about Simmons, but losing Mendenhall, Hampton, and Keisel are big blows. We can win without them, but not for long and certainly not against the elite teams

--Homer
hizmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:44 PM   #9
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGoSteelers219 View Post

They also fail to mention that Flacco was sacked 5 times last night, lost a fumble that was returned for a TD and barely completed 50% of his passes. But they think he's the second-coming of Johnny Unitas. I recall those same BSPN idiots sucking Derek Anderson's schlong too. Look how that's turned out? He's played THREE GAMES, 2 of which were against crappy ass teams. He hasn't done squat yet, other than lose a division game on the road.

Let 'em count the Steelers out. Hell, some of them are already declaring the Rats the division champs, even though the Steelers just, you know, BEAT THEM? That's OK. When the season's over and the Steelers reign supreme in the AFC North once again, we'll have the last laugh.

BSPN
Old 09-30-2008, 05:50 PM   #10
Ozman58
Water Boy

Member Number: 9597

I think Simmons will be felt as soon as the running game stalls and we have to offer Ben consistent protection on 5 and 7 step drops.

The offense bgan doing better in the 2nd half last night due the up tempo of the no-huddle, forcing Baltimore to keep the same general defensive personnel in and the fact that Ben was hitting 3 step drops to slants and in routes.

It was encouraging in the fourth that we did get somewhat better pass protection on longer drops, but it's still not good enough and the loss of Simmons will be felt there. The Offensive line is not as bad as the critics thought, nor as good as we probably all hoped. This does hurt.

Losing Mendenhall is a shame from the fact that he will go almost a full year without a live touch after not doing much since week one. It's costly to his development, but not to the running game this year as long as Willie comes back strong.