Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Mark Madden is a Hater.

First here is his prediction before the game:

Quote:
PREDICTION: Pittsburgh is tough at home (7-1 last year), but there are upsets just about every week in the NFL. Why not here?

Texans 24, Steelers 21.
NOW (When he should be eating crow) he tries to feed us this heaping plate of

Quote:
Madden: A good win, but don't get too excited
By Mark Madden, Times Sports Correspondent
Published: Monday, September 8, 2008 12:08 AM EDT

The victory was nothing beyond the destruction of an inferior visitor, but will doubtless ignite the masses into predicting a 16-0 record on local talk shows. The Texans stink — or, at best, are a heck of a lot worse than the Steelers. That’s mostly what was proven en route to 38-17.
Get ready nonetheless for raised expectations. Even the national TV announcers were stoking that fire, scoffing at the perception (reality?) that the Steelers have one of the NFL’s toughest schedules and fearing for the Steelers’ future opponents, not the Steelers.

But the win was crucial. If the Steelers are to conquer the difficulty of their docket and win the AFC North, starting 2-0 and then holding serve is likely their best bet. Beating Houston seemed a given; next Sunday night’s trek to Cleveland seems a very early make-or-break. Forget old bromides like “it’s a long season.” In a division likely to be decided by a game (or tiebreaker), this tilt means oodles.

Ben Roethlisberger suffered what appeared to be a knee injury late in the first half, but managed to play another quarter before allowing Byron Leftwich the indignity of clanging a dart off the metallic hands of small-college butterfingers Nate Washington, now inexplicably in his fourth NFL season.

Ben came out of the opener with a QB rating hovering somewhere in the neighborhood of Rene Descartes’ IQ. Let’s hope a slight limp is just a slight limp, because the Steelers are toast without No. 7.

The offensive line didn’t reek. All things considered, that’s high praise. Houston has a phalanx of pass rushers led by Mario Williams.

But Roethlisberger manufactured a little breathing room early via short drops, play-action and his marvelous elusiveness, and the Steelers’ line appeared to feed off that by turning in some creditable work. Marvel Smith and Chris Kemoeatu did particularly well on the left side. Kemoeatu won’t make anyone forget Alan Faneca just yet, but anything shy of disaster will do for now.

Rookie running back Rashard Mendenhall had just 28 yards, but his intangible influence was evident in the performance of Willie Parker. Perhaps feeling pushed by Mendenhall — and if he isn’t, he should — Parker had 138 yards and three touchdowns.

The Texans offense was so inept that it’s hard to judge the Steelers’ defense, but a few things were evident. James Harrison and Lamar Woodley consistently pressured the quarterback from the outside. Harrison made life miserable for rookie Duane Brown, the left tackle the Texans took from Virginia Tech in the first round. Maybe the Steelers did the right thing selecting a running back.

It’s obvious that the Steelers’ defense is better with safety Ryan Clark healthy and playing, and all too obvious that Steve Slaton goes down just as easy in the pros as he did at West Virginia. (Then again, Parker looked like Franco Harris when he cavalierly jogged out of bounds to avoid a hit, and I don’t mean that in a good way.) Lawrence Timmons continues to develop into a playmaker.

Football is king across America, but things like the season opener pack an even bigger gravitas in Pittsburgh. That feeling carries over into the Steelers’ locker room, so it’s little wonder that the Steelers have now won five straight lid-lifters, the longest such streak in the NFL.

The Steelers won a 34-7 slaughter at Cleveland last season. As usual, their biggest weapons Sunday will be that they’re the Steelers and the Browns are the Browns.

Cleveland dug itself an emotional hole when it got whipped by visiting Dallas Sunday as the Browns’ vaunted offense performed minimally. If the Steelers can further deflate the Browns en route to 2-0, their chances at capturing a second straight division crown become realistic, not just optimistic.
Thats pretty negative for a guy who predicted a loss...what an asshat!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:09 PM   #2
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Mark Madden is a Hater.

Ok, isn't Mark Madden that same jackhole who said very negative things about our team last season? Isn't he the same Jackhole that I told, specifically to go back and Call Wrastling Matches and leave the Football to true football writers, players and real fans. The guy wouldn't know a forward pass from a lateral to save his life.

People, STOP giving this guy a thread in our Forum, he's a piece of garbage that says controversial things for the sake of being controversial.

Didn't he get fired in 2006 and blame Rooney?
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06325/740029-194.stm

Forget this guy. He needs to go lick Rick Flair's butt hairs clean and never speak of MY STEELERS again.

I don't want his praise, I don't want his admiration, I want him to keep his big fat disgusting mouth shut and stop using his Hatred of the Steelers as a Career Booster.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Ok, isn't Mark Madden that same jackhole who said very negative things about our team last season? Isn't he the same Jackhole that I told, specifically to go back and Call Wrastling Matches and leave the Football to true football writers, players and real fans. The guy wouldn't know a forward pass from a lateral to save his life.

People, STOP giving this guy a thread in our Forum, he's a piece of garbage that says controversial things for the sake of being controversial.

Didn't he get fired in 2006 and blame Rooney?
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06325/740029-194.stm

Forget this guy. He needs to go lick Rick Flair's butt hairs clean and never speak of MY STEELERS again.

I don't want his praise, I don't want his admiration, I want him to keep his big fat disgusting mouth shut and stop using his Hatred of the Steelers as a Career Booster.

sorry Dino.....just couldnt pass up another opportunity to show what a classless hypocrite this worthless piece of shiiite is!!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Tubby Tuba. The only thing you're an expert at is eating dozens of Krispy Kremes at a sitting.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #5
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I'm trying to figure out what makes this fool an expert...he's into wrestling...great that's fantastic...I'm so happy he's into Wrestling and has been fired from the WCW in 2001...great job dork...how do you get fired from the WCW anyway...I see he was fired from ESPN too in 2008...what a winner...really...winner all the way...

Mark Madden needs to shut the ef up and stick his hatred down his own bloated gullet...I don't care what he says, other than he is attempting to promote himself by bashing out team...cause we all know, if you want hits to your website...bash the Steelers...works every single time...
Old 09-08-2008, 12:26 PM   #6
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261

He disses the Steelers because he knows they are the most popular sports team in town. That and he's a Penguins homer. He looks for a rise out of Steeler fans for RATINGS. He wants RATINGS.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #7
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

He could probably get a job in Seattle
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #8
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Why would the paper EVER let a man cover the Steelers who was quoted as saying...

Quote:
"The Steelers are like the Mafia. The Steelers are like Pittsburgh's own version of the Kremlin. Don't even tell me it's run by good people. Don't even tell me the Steelers are run by good guys. Never tell me Mr. Rooney is anything more than another typically greedy control freak again. That's all he is."
Old 09-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #9
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

he is a dousch.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:41 PM   #10
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

It says he's a 'Times correspondent" what paper is that?
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote