Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
View Poll Results: Who Wins... Ohio State or USC?
U S C 17 77.27%
Ohio State 5 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2008, 11:29 AM   #21
GoFins11
Starter

Member Number: 5876
Default Re: Ohio State -vs- USC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post

Then it's two seasons of the Miami Hurricanes (though not as good now as in they're heyday, still a tough ooc opponent.
Yeah, I wouldn't count out the Hurricanes. They have a good young team.
Given time the Canes will be back to the top of BCS teams.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #22
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Just in time for the Bucks to play them, I'm sure...

KUDO'S to the Cane's, too...they are travelling in that series. Gators said "Hell no!" when offered...
Old 09-11-2008, 02:33 PM   #23
GoFins11
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
KUDO'S to the Cane's, too...they are travelling in that series. Gators said "Hell no!" when offered...
Really? Show me that quote by UF.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #24
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Florida fans always doubt me when I bring this up...funny...

Andy Geiger, former AD at OSU specifically named Florida as a team that, when OSU was putting together future schedules of home/away ooc games, WOULD NOT ACCEPT THE BUCKEYES OFFER.

I'll find you the article, as I have it either here or at home, but just accept this now: It's a fact. OSU asked, and Florida took a pass.

Edit: Look at OSU"s schedule. Do you really think they didn't ask? Fact is, they asked all the big SEC schools, and they all took a pass. We scheduled Texas, Oklahoma, USC, Cal, VT, Miami and a few others who are escaping my recollection now. Why wouldn't we ask SEC schools? OSU fans WANT these big ooc games, and OSU loves to play them. But SEC schools WON'T travel to the Shoe, and the one's who do, we don't want.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:45 PM   #25
GoFins11
Starter

Quote:

Andy Geiger, former AD at OSU specifically named Florida as a team that, when OSU was putting together future schedules of home/away ooc games, WOULD NOT ACCEPT THE BUCKEYES OFFER.

I'll find you the article, as I have it either here or at home, but just accept this now: It's a fact. OSU asked, and Florida took a pass.
It might not be as simple as just a no. Its not that I don't believe that they said no. I would be weary because they play in the SEC. Its arguably the toughest conference. Why add a big time team out of conference when its hard enough to win in your own conference. I wouldn't them playing a team like OSU every once and a while though.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:47 PM   #26
atlsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 216

Quote:

Edit: Look at OSU"s schedule. Do you really think they didn't ask? Fact is, they asked all the big SEC schools, and they all took a pass. We scheduled Texas, Oklahoma, USC, Cal, VT, Miami and a few others who are escaping my recollection now. Why wouldn't we ask SEC schools? OSU fans WANT these big ooc games, and OSU loves to play them. But SEC schools WON'T travel to the Shoe, and the one's who do, we don't want.
Ohio State, Tennessee will play football series in 2018 and 2019
Posted by From staff reports March 27, 2008 11:03AM
Mark your calendar: Tennessee will begin a two-game football series in 2018, the schools announced today.

The first game of the series will take place Sept. 1, 2018, in Knoxville in the season opener for both teams that year. It will be followed by a Sept. 7, 2019, game at Columbus.

"Tennessee-Ohio State is a great natural match-up for two tradition-laden schools that are less than 400 miles apart," said Steve Snapp, OSU associate athletic director. "Playing the Volunteers for the first time during the regular season will be a great series for our fans."

Ohio State and Tennessee have met only once previously in football, a 20-14 Volunteer victory in the Florida Citrus Bowl following the 1995 season. This will be the Buckeyes' first on-campus meeting with a Southeastern Conference opponent since before World War II.

But why should OSU get a chance to play SEC elite teams. the dawgs are already playing the past TWO national champions. do we really need to play the runner up?
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 02:52 PM   #27
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Better to play Louisiana Lafayette I guess.

I'll laugh the next time a situation arises like what happened to Auburn. So arrogant...when the SEC takes a dip (and it will...these things are all cyclical) and you try to use in-conference strength as an argument, it won't work.

Also, who's to say the Big Ten won't be the toughest conference 5 years from now? Will the Buckeys say "Oh, wait, we scheduled Oklahoma and they're preseason #1 this year...we can't play them since the Big Ten is too tough!"

Of course not...

Cyclical...enjoy it while you can, because it won't last.

Finally, the sticking point was travel. Florida said "Sure you can come to the Swamp, but we're not going to the Shoe".
Old 09-11-2008, 02:55 PM   #28
GoFins11
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlsteelers View Post
i believe a home and away with Tennesee is in the works. But why should OSU get a chance to play SEC elite teams. the dawgs are already playing the past TWO national champions. do we really need to play the runner up?
Same goes for Florida.

NEW UPDATE: Beanie Wells is doubtful for the USC game.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #29
revefsreleets
Living Legend

If that's the case, and the Bucks are such a pushover, I'm sure Florida would be happy to add them to the schedule next year or any other.

Sucks about Wells. That will make this a very hard game for the Buckeyes to win...but, unlike USC fans, I won't use injuries as an excuse.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:03 PM   #30
atlsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 216

i do not want to play OSU. They are a good team. I have a lot of respect for OSU but I have enjoyed these blowouts the last couple of weeks. We go to ASU this year open at Okla State next year and play ASU at home next year. we also play ga tech every year. we need a couple of cupcakes on our schedule. otherwise my liver might quit working.
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote