Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #1
nojobny
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 5924
Default Are there Sunday night football appearance limits?

I know that teams can only appear on MNF 3 times a season, but what about NBC's Sunday night games?

Based on the game eligibility criteria for moving games, we've got some potentially hot marquee games that fall in the 11-16 flex weeks. Chargers, Patriots (well maybe only if they're still in the running) and Cowboys.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:06 AM   #2
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: Are there Sunday night football appearance limits?

That'll really upset me.

I bought the NFL package because I didn't think i would get the games... if all those games get moved, then I basically wasted my money.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:26 AM   #3
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 2,525 Times in 1,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
That'll really upset me.

I bought the NFL package because I didn't think i would get the games... if all those games get moved, then I basically wasted my money.
I don't think you wasted your money because there will be games that won't be telivised and you would have wish you had bought it.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:49 AM   #4
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

How many games were the *s on "primetime" last season? Seems like a great majority of them were on Sunday night or Monday.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

don't know about a limit, but I bet they'd change the rules for the pats and cowboys

cowboys-steelers game should've been a primetime game imo when was the last time they played? 2004 I think

that should be an interesting game, and one that gathers lots of ratings. if one is changed I hope it's that one
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
That'll really upset me.

At least your ready in the even that it doesn't happen.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:32 AM   #7
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
That'll really upset me.

This is one of the most frustrating problems for Steelers fans outside of Pittsburgh. Either pay $250 for NFL Sunday Ticket, or see something like 3 games a year. But if you know someone in Pittsburgh and have a minimal amount of computer knowledge, there's a better way to see every game without paying all that money:

1) Find someone you know who still lives in Pittsburgh.
2) Buy a Slingbox for about $75.
3) Send the Slingbox to your friend/relative and have them hook it up to their TV.
4) Their TV feed now displays on your computer monitor in real time -- the practical benefit being that they will now be broadcasting every Steelers game to you over the Internet in full TV quality, and you'll be able to watch it on your computer.
5) This won't cost you anything other than the original purchase price of the Slingbox, and will last for an indefinite number of seasons.

This really does work. I've seen games over it before, and my uncle Paul from Bethel Park was going to broadcast games to us all year until he ended up not having high-speed Internet anymore.

Come to think of it, this forum would be a great way to set up a Steelers slingbox network for fans who are out of town. One SF member from out of town pairs up with a "buddy" member who lives in Pittsburgh. The out-of-town member sends them a Slingbox, the in-Pittsburgh member sets it up, and now both people can watch the games.

In theory, you can even have 10 slingboxes hooked up to a single computer and be broadcasting the game to 10 different people. We really need to get on this.
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:27 AM   #8
fordfan485
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7210

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
This is one of the most frustrating problems for Steelers fans outside of Pittsburgh. Either pay $250 for NFL Sunday Ticket, or see something like 3 games a year. But if you know someone in Pittsburgh and have a minimal amount of computer knowledge, there's a better way to see every game without paying all that money:

3) Send the Slingbox to your friend/relative and have them hook it up to their TV.
4) Their TV feed now displays on your computer monitor in real time -- the practical benefit being that they will now be broadcasting every Steelers game to you over the Internet in full TV quality, and you'll be able to watch it on your computer.
5) This won't cost you anything other than the original purchase price of the Slingbox, and will last for an indefinite number of seasons.

This really does work. I've seen games over it before, and my uncle Paul from Bethel Park was going to broadcast games to us all year until he ended up not having high-speed Internet anymore.

Come to think of it, this forum would be a great way to set up a Steelers slingbox network for fans who are out of town. One SF member from out of town pairs up with a "buddy" member who lives in Pittsburgh. The out-of-town member sends them a Slingbox, the in-Pittsburgh member sets it up, and now both people can watch the games.

In theory, you can even have 10 slingboxes hooked up to a single computer and be broadcasting the game to 10 different people. We really need to get on this.
So on the end that this slingbox is attached to does it have to go thru a computer or can it be plugged directly in to a router? wondering cause my grandmother still lives in Pittsburgh but her computer is like 10 years old and no way it would be able to stream video.
fordfan485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:43 PM   #9
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post

While we cannot prevent SF members from privately making such arrangements between each other, the site itself cannot condone or sponsor such an activity as it doesn't appear to be exactly legal - from the Slingbox End User License Agreement:

Quote:
Slingbox End User License Agreement (EULA)

2. Restrictions. Except as expressly specified in this Agreement, you may not: (i) copy or modify the Software; (ii) transfer, sublicense, lease, lend, rent or otherwise distribute the Software to any third party; or (iii) make the functionality of the Software available to any other user through any means, including, without, limitation, by uploading the Software to a network or file-sharing service or through any hosting, application services provider, service bureau or any other type of services. You may only use the Software in connection with your Slingbox, and you may not use the Software to access or attempt to access another party's Slingbox. In addition, you may not share your administrator password, user password nor you Sling Finder ID with any third party. You acknowledge and agree that portions of the Software, including, without limitation, the source code and the specific design and structure of individual modules or programs, constitute or contain trade secrets of Sling Media and its licensors. Accordingly, you shall not to disassemble, decompile, "hack" or otherwise reverse engineer the Software, in whole or in part, or permit or authorize a third party to do so, except to the extent such activities are expressly permitted by law notwithstanding this prohibition.
Sorry, but again, the questionable legality of such activities is a bit too risky for the site to sponsor or condone or openly abet. We kind of "push it" enough already by allowing folks to post links to webstreams of games. Thanks.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:01 PM   #10
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
While we cannot prevent SF members from privately making such arrangements between each other, the site itself cannot condone or sponsor such an activity as it doesn't appear to be exactly legal - from the Slingbox End User License Agreement:

Sorry, but again, the questionable legality of such activities is a bit too risky for the site to sponsor or condone or openly abet. We kind of "push it" enough already by allowing folks to post links to webstreams of games. Thanks.
Hmm. Looks pretty formidable, but upon closer inspection, that license agreement looks like it doesn't technically prevent what I'm talking about.

I do understand if you still aren't comfortable endorsing this openly, but here's my understanding ... As it relates to my plan, the license agreement prohibits only two things:

1) You can't make a copy of the Slingbox software and give it to someone else so they can watch your TV from their house (the part you highlighted in red), and
2) You can't give out your Slingbox password to other people so they can log in and watch your TV remotely using YOUR software.

But in this case, we wouldn't be doing either of those things. Say I buy a Slingbox and leave it at your house. Come game time, I'm still the legal owner of the Slingbox, and I'm accessing my own software. As long as we're not both using the Slingbox, or trying to broadcast to multiple people with one box, I don't think it technically violates anything.

Believe me, if that still sounds a little too shaky, I completely understand. Don't want the site to get in trouble. But yeah, as far as a one-on-one basis, that's probably under the radar enough, just harder to set up.
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote