Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 11-27-2005, 05:03 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,012 Times in 3,168 Posts
Default Playoff Possibilities

Assuming the Steelers do not pull the upset tomorrow night, the importance of the Bengals game next week cannot be overemphasized.

Assuming a loss to the Colts and victory over Bengals, Steelers would be 8-4 and win the tiebreaker over Cincy. Lose to the Colts and Bengals and the division title is gone.

In addition, lose the next two and Steelers would have 5 losses. With both KC and Chargers winning today, those 2 teams have 4 losses each.

Remaining KC games
Broncos
at Cowboys
at Giants
Chargers
Bengals

Remaining Chargers games

Raiders
Dolphins
at Colts
at Chiefs
Broncos

I do not believe 10-6 gets a wildcard this year in the AFC. The Chiefs schedule is brutal but it is not unrealistic to see the Chargers finishing 4-1 (especially if the Broncos have the #2 seed locked up by the last game of the season). If the Steelers lose the next 2 they probably need to win out after that. With Chicago at home, Minnesota on the road, and Cleveland on the road, that is certainly no sure thing.

After watching parts of the Ravens-Bengals today, last week's loss is only more discouraging, as were the Chargers and Broncos OT wins this week.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 05:15 PM   #2
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604
Default Re: Playoff Possibilities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
After watching parts of the Ravens-Bengals today, last week's loss is only more discouraging, as were the Chargers and Broncos OT wins this week.
As I sat there and watched some of the Rats/Bungles game today I was starting to get pissed off all over again about the loss last week.

That loss to the Rats could really come back to bite the Steelers in the ass.

F'n Cowher and Maddox!!
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 06:40 PM   #3
stand undefeated
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 507

Wow, just can't believe KC's remaining schedule... f'in rough.
stand undefeated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:52 AM   #4
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

I think that the Bungles game is the most important game we have left this season. We lose that game and it will be luck that gets us into the playoffs. I can see KC losing to the Broncos (KC is banged up a bit right now) and Chargers and possibly the Bungles if they are in a fight for a wildcard. The Chargers Last 3 games are pretty tuff (unless the Broncos have the 2nd seed locked up) but will get a tuff game from the Broncos if we beat the Colts and the Chargers beat the Colts. There are so many ifs right now though, it is a good year for the NFL. Next week there are 4 decisive div games being played, Broncos/Chiefs, Steelers/Bungles, Cowboys/Giants, Falcons/Panthers that will go a long way in determining playoff seedings. Going to be a good couple weeks in football!
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 07:56 PM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Of course the new variable is whether the Jags, to whom I had conceded a wild card spot due to their remaining schedule, will collapse with Leftwich probably gone for at least the regular season; nobody on this board needs to be reminded of what can happen when you lose your starting QB.

All three writers on the ESPN Page Two site today have the Steelers as a wild card, which presumably means they have the Steelers losing their next 2. Interestingly enough, none of the three writers has the Jags as the other wildcard - I do not believe it is because they think the Jags will catch the Colts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...fl/week12/grid
Old 11-28-2005, 08:03 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,865 Times in 3,379 Posts

the jags are not worried. there were several inquiries into gerrard in the offseason. the jags said it would take a #1 draft pick for them to give him up. he is now signed for an extra 3 years. he is more mobile than leftwhich. they probably wont miss a beat and continue playing like how the bears are playing. what is ironic is that the jags could probably win their remaining schedule with maddox at qb.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 08:09 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
the jags are not worried. there were several inquiries into gerrard in the offseason. the jags said it would take a #1 draft pick for them to give him up. he is now signed for an extra 3 years. he is more mobile than leftwhich. they probably wont miss a beat and continue playing like how the bears are playing. what is ironic is that the jags could probably win their remaining schedule with maddox at qb.
In their primes, the '85 Bears and Steelers of the '70s could not win with Maddox at QB :)
He has shown he cannot even manage a game anymore and is a negative life force that creates scoring oppportunities for the other team.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:26 PM   #8
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

We, well Tommy, really put us in a hole. The Jags game was winnable even with him. And the Ratbird game, need i say more.

We want this game tonite! First and foremost!
Old 11-28-2005, 08:26 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,865 Times in 3,379 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
In their primes, the '85 Bears and Steelers of the '70s could not win with Maddox at QB :)
He has shown he cannot even manage a game anymore and is a negative life force that creates scoring oppportunities for the other team.
lol. agreed but damn the jags schedule looks awfully easy from here on out. good thing is steelers just have to keep winning to control their destiny.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 06:34 PM   #10
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Onto the wildcard possiblities we go. KC(7-4) playing Denver right now. Tied at 24. Chargers(7-4) and Raiders in a few hours.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote