Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-27-2005, 09:02 PM   #1
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Eagles level tampering charge at Cowboys

Just when it seemed as if the Terrell Owens' situation was finally starting to settle down, yet another subplot has emerged ? one involving tampering between division rivals.

As first reported on FOX NFL Sunday, the Philadelphia Eagles have filed a tampering charge with the NFL against Cowboys owner Jerry Jones for comments he made this week regarding Dallas' penchant for going after players with baggage such as Owens.

The claim was filed early this week and then Eagles owner Jeff Lurie phoned NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue to follow up on the matter. The Eagles were informed that the league office will be looking into the situation.

The charge stems from comments Jones made on a radio show this week when asked about the possibility of picking up Owens.

"I'm avoiding, deliberately avoiding, saying whether or not the Cowboys would be interested," Jones said. "He's a player that is a competitive player. He's an outstanding addition to an offense. ... In general, I am a risk-taker. We've gone down that road. We've had some situations that worked and some that didn't. Alonzo Spellman had a great year with us. Alonzo certainly had some issues. ... I probably have a propensity to try and make things work. ... We've got a quarterback in Bledsoe who is arguably as fine a long-ball thrower as there is in the league. A top receiver could flourish with Drew Bledsoe. That's always appealing."

Under normal circumstances the Eagles would seem to have little chance of getting the league to levy a punishment on Jones and it still may. However, there is yet another twist that makes the Eagles case a bit stronger.

FOX Sports has also learned that the league office last week sent a memo to all teams specifically warning them from direct or indirect contact with Owens as well as talking about the possibility of picking up the controversial All-Pro weapon.

Both the memo and the tampering charge were issued prior to arbitrator Richard Bloch's 38-page decision earlier in the week that sided with the Eagles on all accounts of the Owens matter. It's unclear whether the Eagles continued their complaint after Bloch's ruling made the issue moot.

The penalty for tampering is wide-ranging, with the worst being loss of draft picks. However, that is usually reserved for extreme cases. In this case, Jones never mentions Owens by name, although it's clear he isn't deflecting interest.

Prior to the decision, however, there was rampant speculation inside the media regarding the potential landing spot for the beleaguered wideout. Many believed that Owens would actually be a free agent sometime this season, a notion that was knocked out when Bloch ruled the Eagles were not required to allow Owens use of the facility even after his suspension.

Can this saga get any better?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5115410
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:26 AM   #2
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Member Number: 679
Default Re: Eagles level tampering charge at Cowboys

The Eagles are just sore losers.....but hey maybe they can actually beat us at something this year.
hmmmmmmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:12 AM   #3
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

I just cant see parcells actually wanting to take on such a lame ass, dumb ass, worthless, locker room, cancer like TO.

Now jerry jones, thats a different story...
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 01:40 AM   #4
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

For some reason I think Parcells could tame this guy. Parcells wouldnt have allowed half the stuff he pulled in Philly and I also believe Parcells would like another ring before he really retires. He built up a great D and a decent O but they dont have that threat that T.O. would bring. So if Parcells is really gonna retire next year or they year after I could picture T.O. coming to Dallas unless someone makes an offer he cant resist
Old 11-28-2005, 10:18 AM   #5
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Tampering charges against the Cowboys because Jerry Jones just commented about the possible speculation of picking up Owens??

The Eagles must have nothing better to do since their season has gone down the toilet.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 02:02 PM   #6
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844

It's hard to believe that a guy that seems as clean-cut and honest a Jerry "12 Person Hot Tub Shaped Like A Football. (wink) That's right." Jones would get involved with something like this. I hear he was in a divinity school before making his slimy money in oil.
SalukiSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 02:34 PM   #7
Koopa
Living Legend

parcells couldn't even tame antonio bryant and t.o. makes him look like a saint....... i hope t.o. goes to the redskins or giants lol
Old 11-28-2005, 03:29 PM   #8
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Yeah but look what happened to Bryant. Ive never heard T.O. throwin towels in the faces of coaches or messing with any players (cept Mcnabb(who really cost the Eagles their season)). The only thing he does is talk to the media and say stuff. T.O. got into a fight with a person who shouldnt have been opening his mouth in the first place talking about someone is faking an injury. Ida hit the "team ambassodor" (or wtf ever) right in his face too. Giants wouldnt get him and the Redskins would implode like the Eagles with all the attitudes there. The two most likley according to everyone are Denver and the Dallas and I could see the Cowboys picking him up cause Jerry wants the ring

Last edited by hmmmmmmmm; 11-28-2005 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:16 PM   #9
Koopa
Living Legend

it's whatever........ since you are trying to be a dick with yo sig be sure to put the final score at the bottom
Old 11-28-2005, 05:46 PM   #10
hmmmmmmmm
Banned

Be sure to thank Vinny for handing you a game you shoulda lost........cant even stick to the topic of your own damn thread lol