Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-29-2005, 01:12 AM   #401
CowherLover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 122
Default Re: Steelers vs Colts Game Talk Thread

Does anyone remember how many players came back today that have been out? Forget the QB being out for 3 weeks, but we had a few other starters out that came back this week. Before everyone starts talking about firing the coach and "rebuilding" next year, and the almighty draft............ WE AREN'T DONE YET! Good God Almighty, what is wrong with you people?! Are you sure you're Steelers fans? Look at the big picture and quit your whining. Koopa, you have obviously endured enough pain with Cowher at the helm, I say YOU resign as a fan! I'm sick of hearing people complain about him. Parity in the league is a beautiful thing, if you think that just because he coaches our beloved team that he has some kind of edge to get to the SB, then you just need to get real. Maybe Fantasy Football would be best for you. People get hurt and coaches make mistakes and yes.... play calling sucks more than we like it to! But if you're a fan you can stick with it because we do succeed more times than not. Steelers fans are spoiled. Look at Detroit, they get a good coach and fire him because of the GM's failures! If you're truly a fan then you'll recognize how special your team is and will be. If you don't, sorry about your luck!
CowherLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:18 AM   #402
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

No we aren't done yet... and Im certainly not throwing in my terrible towel on this team,ever.

I bleed black n gold for life. Period..

but watching us get outcoached week in and week out, against good teams when we know we have the talent to beat them is just disgusting.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:23 AM   #403
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
No we aren't done yet... and Im certainly not throwing in my terrible towel on this team,ever.

I bleed black n gold for life. Period..

but watching us get outcoached week in and week out, against good teams when we know we have the talent to beat them is just disgusting.
Ditto to everything you wrote Blitz. I love the Steelers and have as long as I can remember. This game was just disgusting. Steelers should be very driven when Cincy comes to Pittsburgh.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 01:23 AM   #404
CowherLover
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 122

I'm choose to put my faith in coaches the same as I do the players. It is baffling to me, as it is all of us, what's happening with the staff, I hope believe that they are going to make us hold our breath until the end of the season this year. 15-1 wasn't something we were expecting but we are all frustrated because of it. Keep our Division in perspective and we can overcome this loss.
CowherLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:01 AM   #405
Friday133
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 449

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherLover
Does anyone remember how many players came back today that have been out? Forget the QB being out for 3 weeks, but we had a few other starters out that came back this week. Before everyone starts talking about firing the coach and "rebuilding" next year, and the almighty draft............ WE AREN'T DONE YET! Good God Almighty, what is wrong with you people?! Are you sure you're Steelers fans? Look at the big picture and quit your whining. Koopa, you have obviously endured enough pain with Cowher at the helm, I say YOU resign as a fan! I'm sick of hearing people complain about him. Parity in the league is a beautiful thing, if you think that just because he coaches our beloved team that he has some kind of edge to get to the SB, then you just need to get real. Maybe Fantasy Football would be best for you. People get hurt and coaches make mistakes and yes.... play calling sucks more than we like it to! But if you're a fan you can stick with it because we do succeed more times than not. Steelers fans are spoiled. Look at Detroit, they get a good coach and fire him because of the GM's failures! If you're truly a fan then you'll recognize how special your team is and will be. If you don't, sorry about your luck!

how does cowher's dick taste in your mouth? the guy has been here for 14 years and has done shit.
Friday133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 09:24 AM   #406
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Got Marvin?
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 11:26 AM   #407
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherLover
I'm choose to put my faith in coaches the same as I do the players. It is baffling to me, as it is all of us, what's happening with the staff, I hope believe that they are going to make us hold our breath until the end of the season this year. 15-1 wasn't something we were expecting but we are all frustrated because of it. Keep our Division in perspective and we can overcome this loss.
Nice "rally" speech but last proved only ONE thing. The Steelers can't compete with the Colts but for the record that's pretty much any team this season. The way the Colts ran the ball on our good run stop defense proves they would be winning inside or outside that dome. They are a complete team this year compared to last year's Colts because their defense is playing with a "mean" edge something they've lacked the past few years.

Barring injuries they should easily win the SB this year.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 12:01 PM   #408
Grey
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday133
how does cowher's dick taste in your mouth? the guy has been here for 14 years and has done shit.
Wake up Friday133, that statement is absurd.

Here we go.
Grey
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 02:02 PM   #409
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

I thought our O-line was horrible, and some of those false start penalties really hurt our chances. Jeff Reed's missed feild goal hurt and took any momentum we had, and the failed onsides kick killed our chances of winning.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:04 PM   #410
fergusonat
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 874

Last night was quite possibly the most depressing Steeler game I've watched since the AFC Championship game last year What's more, I'm deep in Redskin territory down here in Richmond, VA so there's absolutely no sympathy as I wear my Bettis jersey in mourning.

But what sucked the most about the game was that the defense had the Colts offense more or less contained considering how amazing Peyton and his crew is......it was Cowher's brilliant onside kick and a couple key mistakes on the Steelers' offense that handed the game over to the Colts. I'm not kicking Cowher when he's down or anything cuz I think he's still a great coach, but he seriously screwed his team last night. Right from the start it was obvious that it would be a battle over field position and yet he opens the 2nd half with a half-assed onside kick.

Oh well, at least we got to see Troy make an awesome interception
fergusonat is offline   Reply With Quote