Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default McCain invented the BlackBerry???

Adviser says McCain helped create the BlackBerry

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080916/...xgEGeuI9th24cA

Quote:
MIAMI - Move over, Al Gore. You may lay claim to the Internet, but John McCain helped create the BlackBerry.

At least that's the contention of a top McCain policy adviser, Douglas Holtz-Eakin. Waving his BlackBerry personal digital assistant and citing McCain's work as a senator, he told reporters Tuesday, "You're looking at the miracle that John McCain helped create."

A McCain aide later dismissed the remark as "a boneheaded joke by a staffer."

McCain has acknowledged that he doesn't know how to use a computer and can't send e-mail, one of the BlackBerry's prime functions.
i shoulda figured. the mccainanites arent the sharpest tools in the shed.

Quote:
In a statement, Democratic candidate Barack Obama's campaign spokesman Bill Burton said: "If John McCain hadn't said that 'the fundamentals of our economy are strong' on the day of one of our nation's worst financial crises, the claim that he invented the BlackBerry would have been the most preposterous thing said all week."

so, hows everyones portfolios doing? worst day on the market since terrorists struck on 9/11.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #2
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: McCain invented the BlackBerry???

When will the idiots behind the idiots learn to shut up? And that goes for both parties.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:07 PM   #3
tony hipchest

speaking of the issues, i thought it was the mccain camp that had all the plans and answers

Obama says McCain is 'passing the buck' on economy

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080916/...5LWnFWrFBh24cA

Quote:
GOLDEN, Colo. - Republican presidential candidate John McCain on Tuesday blamed Wall Street's financial turmoil on unchecked corporate greed. His Democratic opponent, Barack Obama, dismissed McCain's call for a high-level commission to study the economic crisis as "passing the buck."

The presidential campaigns argued over who would be best able to deal with the kinds of financial meltdowns that roiled the markets Monday and to prevent a similar crisis in the future. McCain proposed a review on the order of the one led by the Sept. 11 commission, the bipartisan panel that studied the events leading to the 2001 terrorist attacks.

"We need a 9/11 commission," McCain said Tuesday on NBC's "Today" show. "We need a commission to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it and I know we can do that and I'll do it."

Obama, campaigning in Golden, Colo., accused McCain of failing to offer concrete plans for dealing with economic issues.

"Sen. McCain offered up the oldest Washington stunt in the book. You pass the buck to a commission to study the problem," Obama said. "This isn't 9/11. We know how we got into this mess. What we need now is leadership that gets us out. I'll provide it. John McCain won't. And that's the choice for Americans in this election."

Obama continued to criticize McCain's remark Monday that "the fundamentals of our economy are strong." In a television ad released Tuesday, Obama's campaign asks: "How can John McCain fix our economy if he doesn't understand it's broken?"

On Monday, a few hours after the remark about strong economic fundamentals, McCain backtracked and declared the economy to be in crisis. He also said that American workers and products — the "fundamentals" he claimed he was referring to earlier — were indeed sound but faced danger from greed and corruption.
Quote:
McCain offered no specific remedies during his appearances on the three network morning shows, though he said he agreed with Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson that the government should not bail out American International Group Inc., the world's largest insurer. AIG stock fell 61 percent on Monday and credit-rating agencies dropped its ratings amid worries that the deteriorating housing market was further undermining its finances.
Quote:
"There's no magic solution, and I don't think it's at this moment imperative to write down exactly what the plan has to be," said Holtz-Eakin.

Quote:
"It seems like John's had an epiphany. Nine o'clock yesterday morning, John thought the economy was going great guns and the Bush administration was doing well, and today he thinks it's in crisis," Biden said on CBS' "The Early Show."

Biden said the Democratic presidential campaign's solutions for the economic crisis include giving middle-class taxpayers a substantial tax break, putting an end to Bush administration tax cuts that favor the wealthy, investing in infrastructure, and changing bankruptcy laws to help people facing foreclosure.

"My lord, take a look at what — who got us in this hole, whose policies," Biden said. "This has been a Republican philosophy of letting Wall Street do what they want and the middle class be damned. It's about time we change it. If I sound like I'm angry, I am fighting mad for middle-class people who have been the scapegoat of this economy because of the policies of the McCains and the Bushes."
seriously.... "a 9/11 commission"??? thats the answer?
Old 09-16-2008, 01:15 PM   #4
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

Raising tax's and bleeding you dry is the answer?! Then ofcorse there's the easy way out, just vote Present.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:28 PM   #5
tony hipchest

so while the obama camp is working on delivering solutions to actual problems, it seems like mccains people have nothing better to do than sit around and mock them.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...fK.fh6U7Fh24cA

Quote:
Republicans had fun giving out tire gauges after Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) suggested folks save energy by inflating their tires. Now, some toaster tomfoolery may be in the offing.

Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.) said on NBC’s “Today” show: “Our tax plan would take that tax cut of another $130 billion that John [McCain] wants to give to people making over $250,000 next year, not let it go forward and give it to the middle class — the very people who desperately need it to stay in their homes, to buy food, to take care of the gas, to fill up their tank, to be able to go out and buy a toaster, to employ people.”

The McCain campaign’s Joe Pounder (“his real name,” as The New Yorker recently put it) crowed in his morning e-mail to reporters: “[D]id you catch Joe Biden saying this morning that their tax cut will allow Americans to buy a ‘toaster’? Nothing says a sound economic plan like ‘buying a toaster.’”

Republicans also posted a YouTube clip of an exchange between Biden and the “Today” host, Meredith Vieira, in which he disputed the idea that economists have questioned raising taxes in a recessionary economy.

VIEIRA: “Senator, you and Senator Obama are calling for tax increases on the wealthy. And there are many economists who say that that would hurt the economy even more.”

BIDEN: “I don't know any economists who are saying that.”

Expect to see a list by the end of the day.
really makes it seem like theyre more concerned with not having their personal taxes raised as opposed to the actual problems this nation faces.

there is no "I" or "ME" in "country".
Old 09-16-2008, 01:39 PM   #6
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

I'm not sure I follow Tony. From what I heard Obama promising originally, the middle class was going to get a tax INCREASE. Also, If you raise taxes on the wealthy, do you think that will improve the overall economy? I have never seen much that proves that countries can tax their way into prosperity, it is usually through lower taxes and free markets, wouldn't you agree?

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:42 PM   #7
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Raising tax's and bleeding you dry is the answer?! Then ofcorse there's the easy way out, just vote Present.

HA! sure. why not? i say give it a try and see what happens. sometimes one must be willing to sacrifice for their country. if senator mccain and the GOP are so proud that he was willing to give up his life for their country, i guess i could give up a few bucks for the same country.

its better than the "we'll take a look at it with our blind eye when we get there" re sponse from the mccain camp.

obamas actually proposing giving tax breaks to the majority.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #8
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
I'm not sure I follow Tony. From what I heard Obama promising originally, the middle class was going to get a tax INCREASE.
mosca provided a chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
Quote:
Also, If you raise taxes on the wealthy, do you think that will improve the overall economy? I have never seen much that proves that countries can tax their way into prosperity, it is usually through lower taxes and free markets, wouldn't you agree?
judging by the last 8 years? no.

in addition to improving the economy we also have this war to pay for along with other issues such as evaporating social security coffers, plus the worst health care and highest crime rate of all industrilized nations.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:24 PM   #9
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

Is this Obama's original proposal? Or a new one? I do remember clinton campaigning on PROPOSED tax cut for the middle class.....But when was the last time a democrat actually followed through and lowered taxes on the middle class they so dearly care about?

Do you honestly think Obama will do a better job with our economy than McCain? Why?

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 02:26 PM   #10
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,458 Times in 1,672 Posts

Mr. Obama's Small-Business Tax Hike

Wednesday, August 13, 2008; Page A14

Howard Kurtz wrote an analysis ["McCain Paints Obama as a Tax Hound," Aug. 9] that dismissed claims, made in a campaign ad for Sen. John McCain, that Sen. Barack Obama would raise taxes on small business.

According to the latest Internal Revenue Service data, $706 billion of pass-through business income was reported in 2006. Of this, two-thirds was earned in households making more than $250,000 -- households on which Obama has said he will raise taxes.

If raising the tax rate on two-thirds of small-business income isn't a tax hike on small business, what is?

The tax rate on two-thirds of small-business income would skyrocket under the Obama plan. The current tax rate on this income is 37.9 percent. The Obama plan, thanks to uncapping the Social Security tax base, would shoot this small-business rate all the way up to a Carter-level 54.9 percent.

RYAN ELLIS

Tax Policy Director

Americans for Tax Reform
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...pinion/columns

And this will help out the economy how. By putting small business out and raising the unemployment rate.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote